Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I have absolutely no interest in joining this discussion - but I think any discussion of USA average incomes is pretty misleading, because there's a pretty big difference between their average and their median incomes.

The USA has some very high earning industries that would throw the average off, surely.

Is that unique to the deregulated US market versus the EU, UK and Australia?

No, it’s not

And I don't think the point of unions is to protect rising executive salaries, as they'll take care of themselves as businesses compete for elite talent.

No one’s talking about executive salaries

DEI unlocking productivity ….. you’re having a laugh!

It’s a political mantra that has invaded workplaces where social compliance is now undertaken to avoid public shaming by highly vocal, highly politicised minority groups.

While diversity of thought and openness to challenge are critical to innovation and future success for an organisation, the challenging task of managing significant differences in cultural values within an organisation is a proven productivity killer.

DEI often sees organisational training focus move away from building the skills required for professional and business success to forcing staff to tick off training boxes to show that the organisation really cares about the various victimhood issues of our time.

DEI is a cancer and a contributor to Australia’s declining productivity levels.

I think you need to re-read what I said more closely

Who is effectively paying for all of these wars being waged... we all are!

If the money wasn't spent on wars, it would be available for other purposes...
you are blaming this guy then. ;)

Victory Albo GIF by GIPHY News

You may want to explain that one as no idea how you came to that conclusion from my post.
Your words. "We" are the Government. I certainly didn't authorize taxpayer money going there.:cool:

"Who is effectively paying for all of these wars being waged... we all are!

If the money wasn't spent on wars, it would be available for other purposes."

Your words. "We" are the Government. I certainly didn't authorize taxpayer money going there.:cool:

"Who is effectively paying for all of these wars being waged... we all are!

If the money wasn't spent on wars, it would be available for other purposes."
It's those starting the wars that are to blame...

Poor Covid vax rates: Every aged care home named

Aged Care Quality and Safety Commissioner Janet Anderson said residential aged care homes with low rates raised questions about whether those in charge are focusing enough on protecting older people in their care from serious disease.

She said the watchdog would be undertaking unannounced site visits to residential care homes with low Covid vaccination rates to determine the reasons why.

😂😂😂

Gee, I wonder what the reasons are? Can anybody guess? I’m baffled!
VDR as usual.

Very true. These are Slippery Pete’s golden rules:

1. Show up early, don’t leave early.
2. Don’t office gossip.
3. Don’t shit where you eat.
4. If you get a task, don’t rest until it’s done.

Do just those four things & you’ll be ahead of 95% of the workforce.

To be in the top 5% you’ll have to subscribe to the Cartel Podcast.

Who is the Cartel you speak of?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AP300™ SMR​

Only SMR based on Licensed, Operating & Advanced Reactor Technology​

The Westinghouse AP300™ Small Modular Reactor is the most advanced, proven and readily deployable SMR solution. Westinghouse proudly brings 70+ years of experience developing and implementing new nuclear technologies that enable reliable, clean, safe and economical sources of energy for generations to come.

Our AP1000® reactor is already proving itself every day around the globe. Currently, four units utilizing AP1000 technology are operating in China, setting performance records. Six more are under construction in China, and two AP1000 units are operating at Plant Vogtle in Georgia.

Our AP300 SMR leverages that operating experience, as well as tens of millions of hours on AP1000 reactor development.

Gain the benefits of the record-setting Westinghouse AP1000 PWR technology in a smaller power output to augment the backbone of your community energy system.

The AP300 SMR complements the AP1000 reactor for a cleaner energy mix, energy security, and grid flexibility and stabilization.

AP300™ SMR​

Only SMR based on Licensed, Operating & Advanced Reactor Technology​

The Westinghouse AP300™ Small Modular Reactor is the most advanced, proven and readily deployable SMR solution. Westinghouse proudly brings 70+ years of experience developing and implementing new nuclear technologies that enable reliable, clean, safe and economical sources of energy for generations to come.

Our AP1000® reactor is already proving itself every day around the globe. Currently, four units utilizing AP1000 technology are operating in China, setting performance records. Six more are under construction in China, and two AP1000 units are operating at Plant Vogtle in Georgia.

Our AP300 SMR leverages that operating experience, as well as tens of millions of hours on AP1000 reactor development.

Gain the benefits of the record-setting Westinghouse AP1000 PWR technology in a smaller power output to augment the backbone of your community energy system.

The AP300 SMR complements the AP1000 reactor for a cleaner energy mix, energy security, and grid flexibility and stabilization.

This is a very sneaky propaganda piece from Westinghouse, which tries to mingle discussion of the AP1000 (which does exist) with the AP300 SMR (which doesn't). The AP1000 is a large scale reactor, and yes - they do exist in multiple countries around the world. The AP300 SMR, of which precisely zero have been built commercially, only exists in their design workshop.

Saying that th AP300 SMR is "proven and readily deployable" is a stretch, given that nobody has ever deployed one. It's pure spin, from the company that designed the reactor, and would like to build one - if only someone would stump up the exorbitant costs associated with building one.

This is a very sneaky propaganda piece from Westinghouse, which tries to mingle discussion of the AP1000 (which does exist) with the AP300 SMR (which doesn't). The AP1000 is a large scale reactor, and yes - they do exist in multiple countries around the world. The AP300 SMR, of which precisely zero have been built commercially, only exists in their design workshop.

Saying that th AP300 SMR is "proven and readily deployable" is a stretch, given that nobody has ever deployed one. It's pure spin, from the company that designed the reactor, and would like to build one - if only someone would stump up the exorbitant costs associated with building one.
So are you, StonesThrow and Bowen more expert than Dr.Adi Paterson? I highly doubt it.
I note the ABC have hidden their interview with him...I wonder why?

So are you, StonesThrow and Bowen more expert than Dr.Adi Paterson? I highly doubt it.
I note the ABC have hidden their interview with him...I wonder why?

It's nice to see there's ONE expert out there who thinks Dutton's idea isn't batshit insane. Plenty of others who hold the opposite opinion.

Sorry... not watching a video clip from Sky News. Not stupid enough to sit through hard-right propaganda/fairy tales.

It's nice to see there's ONE expert out there who thinks Dutton's idea isn't batshit insane. Plenty of others who hold the opposite opinion.

Sorry... not watching a video clip from Sky News. Not stupid enough to sit through hard-right propaganda/fairy tales.
Then watch one from the ABC's News Radio, the one they've virtually hidden from view on their website because it didn't suit their biased agenda but at least someone had the smarts to know that would be the case....Go on I dare you or just put your head up your nether regions because it doesn't suit your agenda either..

Dutton thinks hurling personal insults is being tough... & Sky News lap it up.

Frankly throwing personal insults is pathetic & usually done by those who are incompetent & use as a distraction.

We deserve better from our political leaders!

Geezus you're biased, take your ALP lefty goggles off and go cop some of what the Labor Pollies hurl at Dutton including your man Albanese and that little squirt Cwissy Bowen.

Geezus you're biased, take your ALP lefty goggles off and go cop some of what the Labor Pollies hurl at Dutton including your man Albanese and that little squirt Cwissy Bowen.
I think it's pathetic when any politician reverts to insults, but particularly by a so called leader of any party.

Do you think it's a good thing?

I think it's pathetic when any politician reverts to insults, but particularly by a so called leader of any party.

Do you think it's a good thing?
No I don't but they all do it, go have a look at Bowen's socials sometime and Albanese is hardly a white knight either yet you singled out Dutton.

No I don't but they all do it, go have a look at Bowen's socials sometime and Albanese is hardly a white knight either yet you singled out Dutton.
I'll give you a tip, I'm not on the socials.

If Albanese made a similar personal insult on Dutton, I would have said the same. I gather he hasn't made a similar counter insult.

Remember when both sides said they would lift the standard of behaviour in parliament? They were taking the piss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back