Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be seriously interested to know which of those morning posts aren't true.

You've mocked them, so you must have a conclusive counterpoint right?
Because I see from he and his cohort’s usual posting he is probably only outraged by trans paedophiles, not big alpha male paedophiles ..they’re just blokes being blokey.

I'm not sure who is less charismatic Starmer or Albo, so to have such a landslide it shows just how bad things are in the UK
It's a landslide on 38% of the vote, which happens under their FPTP system. It shows how disillusioned people are with both of the major parties.

It's a landslide on 38% of the vote, which happens under their FPTP system. It shows how disillusioned people are with both of the major parties.
Yes, a 200+ majority shows how disillusioned people are with Labor 😂

don't take that as an endorsement of Labor or Starmer. But it's pretty obvious for all that the UK is disillusioned with 1 party in particular.

Hell even the racists are sick of the Tories not being as racist as they want and have found a new party.

Yes, a 200+ majority shows how disillusioned people are with Labor 😂

don't take that as an endorsement of Labor or Starmer. But it's pretty obvious for all that the UK is disillusioned with 1 party in particular.

Hell even the racists are sick of the Tories not being as racist as they want and have found a new party.
Labour will end up with a huge majority with a lower % than when they lost in 2017 and on what is expected to be a low turnout.

Hatred for the Tories is immense and deserved but not matched by much enthusiasm for Labour and Starmer.

Labour will end up with a huge majority with a lower % than when they lost in 2017 and on what is expected to be a low turnout.

Hatred for the Tories is immense and deserved but not matched by much enthusiasm for Labour and Starmer.
It's the biggest gain in seats since 1945.

But sure, you do you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can either look at the data or just keep mashing your keyboard. You do you.
Yes, I can look at the data and note the absolute disintegration of one parties vote

Or, I can come on here and claim the disillusionment in both parties is the same.

Stick to your cooker suff, your audience is a lot less critical

Brexit promised much but destroyed Britain.
At least they had the opportunity years later to vote.
Perhaps one day it will be rectified in part.

If the US make the mistake of allowing Trump to destroy them, he won’t afford them the opportunity to vote him out again.

Let’s see if Americans have adequate brain matter to see this.

Yes, I can look at the data and note the absolute disintegration of one parties vote

Or, I can come on here and claim the disillusionment in both parties is the same.

Stick to your cooker suff, your audience is a lot less critical
You can also make up strawman arguments, such as saying the disillusionment in both parties is the same. It's clearly not, but if there is enthusiasm for Labour then, as the Opposition and soon-to-be Government, you'd expect to see them pick up much more of the Tory vote collapse than they have.

You can also make up strawman arguments, such as saying the disillusionment in both parties is the same. It's clearly not, but if there is enthusiasm for Labour then, as the Opposition and soon-to-be Government, you'd expect to see them pick up much more of the Tory vote collapse than they have.
voters being disillusioned with both sides of politics has been true for decades - hell I would say that's true here too

voters being disillusioned with both sides of politics has been true for decades - hell I would say that's true here too
It is - both major party primary votes in Australia have been trending downwards for some time. Neither have collapsed as spectacularly as the Tories have though and preference voting limits the seat number swings more than FPTP does.

It is - both major party primary votes in Australia have been trending downwards for some time. Neither have collapsed as spectacularly as the Tories have though and preference voting limits the seat number swings more than FPTP does.
The Tories just picked up a seat because the 'left' vote was split.

But that's really what I was saying, this election is really just a rejection of the Tories.

NI, Wales and Scotland all really interesting

Last edited:
I don't know a great deal about Politics (especially with the UK) but did I read correctly that there are 630 seats in the UK?

We have 150 in the House of Reps I think? The Senate has how many?

I get the population in the UK is much higher but 630 seems way over the top. No wonder they are packed in Question time like Sardines....

Can the more learned colleagues on here enlighten me......

I don't know a great deal about Politics (especially with the UK) but did I read correctly that there are 630 seats in the UK?

We have 150 in the House of Reps I think? The Senate has how many?

I get the population in the UK is much higher but 630 seems way over the top. No wonder they are packed in Question time like Sardines....

Can the more learned colleagues on here enlighten me......

Here is some useless info about UK politics.

They have the House of Commons (which from I'm aware means the house of common folk) and they have the House of Lords.

House of Commons is the lower house and the House of Lords is their version of the Senate, but their elections are only for the House of Commons because being a member of the House of Lords is a birth right for Lords only and from memory they're given life tenure on there.

Here is some useless info about UK politics.

They have the House of Commons (which from I'm aware means the house of common folk) and they have the House of Lords.

House of Commons is the lower house and the House of Lords is their version of the Senate, but their elections are only for the House of Commons because being a member of the House of Lords is a birth right for Lords only and from memory they're given life tenure on there.
How cushy is that!!

630 still seems like a lot. Plenty of snouts in the trough no doubt. .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back