Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours are Biden is going to be officially removed as the candidate by the democrats within the next week.

The reality is Biden was making a dumb selfish decision he is odds on to be unable to fulfill at least in a meaningful way. It was insane of him to even consider being the candidate at 82yo. Trump in my view is being just as selfish. He is showing every bit of his age and at times showing he is also unlikely to be able to fulfill the term of presidency.

Rumours are Biden is going to be officially removed as the candidate by the democrats within the next week.

The reality is Biden was making a dumb selfish decision he is odds on to be unable to fulfill at least in a meaningful way. It was insane of him to even consider being the candidate at 82yo. Trump in my view is being just as selfish. He is showing every bit of his age and at times showing he is also unlikely to be able to fulfill the term of presidency.
Its an interesting situation isn't it.

I can remember when Howard was begged to move on and give Costello a chance to beat Rudd and even Scomo was told to move on to at least try and save some moderate seats, they didnt listen to the party.

I think its genuinely a healthy party that is confident enough to speak up about change.

Imagine if you were a party of personality that revolved around 1 name and no one can say a bad thing and still remain in the party. Sounds almost like a dictatorship.

Don't forget that 14M democrats voted for him to be their candidate

trump is getting lampooned (again) after his acceptance speech at the RNC

Its an interesting situation isn't it.

I can remember when Howard was begged to move on and give Costello a chance to beat Rudd and even Scomo was told to move on to at least try and save some moderate seats, they didnt listen to the party.

I think its genuinely a healthy party that is confident enough to speak up about change.

Imagine if you were a party of personality that revolved around 1 name and no one can say a bad thing and still remain in the party. Sounds almost like a dictatorship.

Its only a rumour but they really have no one with a profile to step up. There was a rumour that they have someone they were looking for in 2028, i cant remember the name but it was someone being groomed. That could be the person. Its only a rumour so nothing could happen if democrats get cold feet.

Don't forget that 14M democrats voted for him to be their candidate

trump is getting lampooned (again) after his acceptance speech at the RNC

he is getting lampooned but MAGA voters will vote for him even if he said he was going to cut every third maga males dick off with a spoon and go back to female castration. They will just go 'as long as its a democrat'. Everything about MAGA voters is they genuinely believe everything Trump does will not land in their backyard. Its a genuinely weird phenomenon. Abortion is the classic example where those women who love this anti abortion pro life stance have never been affected.

he is getting lampooned but MAGA voters will vote for him even if he said he was going to cut every third maga males dick off with a spoon and go back to female castration. They will just go 'as long as its a democrat'. Everything about MAGA voters is they genuinely believe everything Trump does will not land in their backyard. Its a genuinely weird phenomenon. Abortion is the classic example where those women who love this anti abortion pro life stance have never been affected.
Yeah .. I guess from the few bits and pieces I've read about his speech is that it hasn't really appealed to anyone outside the MAGA bubble

He's still going to need swing voters

Yeah .. I guess from the few bits and pieces I've read about his speech is that it hasn't really appealed to anyone outside the MAGA bubble

He's still going to need swing voters

I think people have severely underestimated this.

Trump has ostracized the moderate side of the republican party and ousted them. They may not vote for the democrats but to lose a third of your parties vote when he has never won the popular vote is going to hurt his election chances. MAGA doesnt attract new members. Every one of his voters were his voters back in 2016 and 2020 with a few swing voters maybe in the mix. There is no way in hell he will get enough swing voters though to make a difference.

Its one thing to say you will vote Trump on election day in a poll but when it comes down to waiting 6 hours in line, those fringe swing voters may not even be bothered. Plus Trump has to content with losing a huge majority of u35 voters as they are overwhelmingly progressive. Time will tell but there are definitely signs he may struggle to get the votes.

I think people have severely underestimated this.

Trump has ostracized the moderate side of the republican party and ousted them. They may not vote for the democrats but to lose a third of your parties vote when he has never won the popular vote is going to hurt his election chances. MAGA doesnt attract new members. Every one of his voters were his voters back in 2016 and 2020 with a few swing voters maybe in the mix. There is no way in hell he will get enough swing voters though to make a difference.

Its one thing to say you will vote Trump on election day in a poll but when it comes down to waiting 6 hours in line, those fringe swing voters may not even be bothered. Plus Trump has to content with losing a huge majority of u35 voters as they are overwhelmingly progressive. Time will tell but there are definitely signs he may struggle to get the votes.
The other thing a lot of people have forgotten is the volume of republicans who voted for Nikki Haley. Based on some reports, a lot of those still won't follow her over now that's she's sold her soul and endorsed trump

The other thing a lot of people have forgotten is the volume of republicans who voted for Nikki Haley. Based on some reports, a lot of those still won't follow her over now that's she's sold her soul and endorsed trump
Exactly. It seems like this election is 50/50 but that's merely the media trying to stay out of it and to avoid being accused of bias. Polls are misleading in the USA because of the non compulsory voting laws. So you may hate Biden and democrats but are you liking Trump enough to stand in line for those 6 hours? Same with those who were Trump voters or moderates. You may hate Trump but will you stand in the same line for all those hours to vote for either?

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The selfishness of Biden is him remaining as his party's candidate is costing that party any chance of winning. Not a problem that Trump has.

The selfishness of Biden is him remaining as his party's candidate is costing that party any chance of winning. Not a problem that Trump has.
True to an extent. But if Trump not being candidate gets you your moderate voters which account for a huge portion of republicans then perhaps he is costing your party votes. Overall Trump only got 10m votes than the average republican vote last election which was a record vote. So to lose voters and somehow gain more than 70m against Dems who will get the anti Trump vote will get over 70m. time will tell.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was a shocker. He is totally unfit.
He talked about blood ‘pouring out’ and God saving HIM. Ugh the fraud.
"I took a bullet for democracy" in one corner.

Drooling into the microphone in the other corner.

Quite the choice Americans have

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back