International Rules game 2 - where to watch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad I didn't waste my time on watching this Series, we send an indigenous team (some players with little to no AFL experience) & pay the penalty.

Like State of Origin (hope it comes back!) in the 90's, hopefully this meaningless hybrid series eventually folds!!!

Get some new trolling material shepp

EDIT :
BEST

Ireland: Murphy, McManus, Sheehan, Tuohy Keegan, McBrearty, Munnelly,

Australia: Motlop, Betts, Lew. Jetta

shepp proven to be trolling again

Not really surprising that most of the side played poorly, yet shepp isolates one Geelong player.

Obsession much?

Lyndsay Thomas knows how to ruin a game, it's about all he is good for.
Thomas is the bloke that makes a hundred in a preseason game then runs out the captain and makes a duck in the final.

But apparently the sniping, diving and staging is ok if he over celebrates cheap goals.

O'oughlin and many players were way out of their ability.
The AFL must stop this rubbish

the headline on the AFL site reads
Aussies suffer humiliating defeat at hands of the Irish
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-27/ireland-demolishes-australia
'
"AUSTRALIA has suffered a record 79-point humiliation in a fiery second Test against Ireland at Croke Park, with the home team sealing an emphatic 2-0 International Rules Series victory."

IMO
They didnt represent Australia they represented the Aboriginals of Australia​

You should have slept in, then you needn't have wasted your time posting and everyone ele's time reading.

Rapt to hear they got a belting! I bet Gary Ablett and Patty Dangerfield would be secretly pleased to see the belting too, thinking to themselves 'that's what you get for limiting the selection to a small minority, I'd love to have played last night and I bet the result would've been much different - suck eggs AFL!'

I remember really enjoying the 2010 series and thinking that maybe it wasn't dead after all. Oh how deluded 2010 me was
2010 they had a full team of stars of all players, regardless of colour, not a ridiculous no white boys team. I still can't fathom how this isn't seen as discrimination by so many people. People will no doubt respond by saying I am the racist one, or naive one. What a crock! A team where 'white boys need not apply' is just as racist as a job advert with 'brown boys need not apply.'

We ask for equality and this shit is served up.

Just goes to show that we think we have the hardest game in the world to play, skill wise when in reality we don't.

We've seen so many players from other sporting backgrounds and codes come in and pick up the game of AFL footy quite easily, yet we give our guys a round ball to master and adapt to skill wise and they simply cannot execute at all.

Again, just goes to show that athletes are "overrated", considering we were smashed by part timers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got the TV ratings for each state?

Cant imagine it to be high at all, especially in Perth!
Dont think I've hear anyone who watched it here, even football-mad/starved mates.. terrible time-slot of course a factor but if its good enough, people will watch it. ie: know people keen and prepared to sacrifice sleep over the RL world cup series.

Everyone will have egg on their face and a lot of kids will have to get their Australian Indigenous jumpers out of the bin because apparently a lot of them are throwing them out.

The only highlight was the Croke Park siren - gotta love the air raid siren they use :D

I went to the game in Dublin. I found it amusing they Irish fans cheering a behind like it was a goal.
As for the game - Aussie players kept misreading the flight of the ball - combine that with woeful kicking it....disaster. Aussies also wanted to play into non-existent wings - getting trapped and turning the ball over as there are no throw-ins.

Highlight for me was when the scoreboard couldn't count past 100. So when the Irish went past 100 the score looked like 37-3 to Australia and all the Aussie jumped up chanting "look at the scoreboard" and going nuts.

Here's my plan:
So there are two matches scheduled to be played in Australia next year as the second leg of the current series, before it goes into recess for a year.
Lets make them the last for the time being, and give the game a decent send off. Get our All Australian players to play by means as yet undetermined, but the prospect of being in the final game may have some appeal. Alternatively offer them money,or make All Australian selection conditional upon availability. Tweak the rules to give the big guys something to do and market the crap out of it.
Promise to suspend from regular games any of our guys who go the knuckle, then forget about it afterwards (it would be the last series after all).
Light the fuse and see what happens.
Then put the concept on ice until another generation comes along who want to start it up again, or until the Irish are prepared to speak to us again, which ever comes first.

The other IR thread was thankfully ditched, so taking a moment to give Smirkin Dirk and Old Spice a pat on the back for attempting to stem the tide of incredible, wilful ignorance. We as a nation have so very far to go if that thread is any indication.

Here's my plan:
So there are two matches scheduled to be played in Australia next year as the second leg of the current series, before it goes into recess for a year.
Lets make them the last for the time being, and give the game a decent send off. Get our All Australian players to play by means as yet undetermined, but the prospect of being in the final game may have some appeal. Alternatively offer them money,or make All Australian selection conditional upon availability. Tweak the rules to give the big guys something to do and market the crap out of it.
Promise to suspend from regular games any of our guys who go the knuckle, then forget about it afterwards (it would be the last series after all).
Light the fuse and see what happens.
Then put the concept on ice until another generation comes along who want to start it up again, or until the Irish are prepared to speak to us again, which ever comes first.

We could take a leaf out of FIFA's book and suspend players for 2 weeks if they elect not to play as well, injury (or a family emergency) would be the only acceptable reason for not being available.

Just goes to show that we think we have the hardest game in the world to play, skill wise when in reality we don't.

We've seen so many players from other sporting backgrounds and codes come in and pick up the game of AFL footy quite easily, yet we give our guys a round ball to master and adapt to skill wise and they simply cannot execute at all.

Again, just goes to show that athletes are "overrated", considering we were smashed by part timers.
It's hardly like the Irish are dominating us with the oval ball. I'd suggest a round ball would be easier to adapt to than an oval ball even though it still takes skill to master.

The other IR thread was thankfully ditched, so taking a moment to give Smirkin Dirk and Old Spice a pat on the back for attempting to stem the tide of incredible, wilful ignorance. We as a nation have so very far to go if that thread is any indication.
While sitting up there on your imaginary high horse(without having typed anything of substance) I will provide a definition of 'bigotry': "intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself"
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/bigotry
Now in light of this post of yours..
Whole lotta Abbott fans in here. How do we educate the dimwitted, self-righteous, utterly selfish mass of bigots that populate this country? It'd be doable if there was a desire to learn, but heads are stuck too far up this nations collective arse.

Educate yourselves. This thread and the attitudes within are a complete embarrassment for a first world country.
I will also provide a definition of hypocrisy: "the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case"
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/hypocrisy

Judging by the lack of content other than mudslinging in your posts those "dimwitted" ones you refer to may be more informed than you. There are some legitimate criticisms that can be made about the execution of this series. Insulting others who have a different opinion to you without providing an alternative argument to theirs seems lazy and weak.

Remove this Banner Ad

International Rules game 2 - where to watch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back