Discussion Intra-Club Game (Friday 10 Feb)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Intra-Club Game - Friday 10 Feb at 9.30am

there'll probably be some interesting match-ups with a wilkes on a dempster and the like.

everything is not necessarily as it seems sometimes...

....however, it'd be nice to see watters let stanley go by playing gilbo on him.
take rhys to the goalsquare against BJ and the blake. then gilbo again. shit, throw kosi down there and see if he can outmark the big pole if BJ goes back into the middle.

whoever gets lenny is gonna have a pretty tough morning.

cartel there is a family day in march

nah, just want to see them play. Will be interesting how the new boys go, how good our youngsters actually are, and watters' style (who has been super impressive so far)

Only about a month and a half to go!

If you cant make it to the Intra Club tomorrow i will posting LIVE updates via the True Sainters Twitter account - @truesainters Doing it via that one and not my own as it will reach more Saints fans.

I'll will be using the hashtag #stkfc to make it easier for people to follow aswel.

Thank you AT. I will be watching the forum on my phone (at work) and keeping an eye on twitter as well.

I would welcome everyone who attends to write some account of the match in this thread. Even if what you write contradicts what someone has posted.

Thanks guys.

Thank you AT. I will be watching the forum on my phone (at work) and keeping an eye on twitter as well.

I would welcome everyone who attends to write some account of the match in this thread. Even if what you write contradicts what someone has posted.

Thanks guys.

:thumbsu: Your welcome to copy & paste our updates into here for all those non-twitter people aswell mate. Its all about keeping everyone upto date!

Sounds like your boys is doing well Squizzy :thumbsu:

Rhys and Darch? (have to say I'm a bit partial to Ledger as well)

Rhys and Darch? (have to say I'm a bit partial to Ledger as well)

Mistype, meant to say boy without the s. Darch has kicked a couple I think, though once we get reports it will be more clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a bit early to assess Darch, as he missed a month with a hammy. Would be interested in where he played though. Seems he's playing forward with Wilkes and Simpkin filling key defensive posts. I'm a bit torn, as I'd like him to stay forward, but I did like his form at FB late in the season. But as long as they keep him out of the ruck!

Report on SS has Cuz getting cleaned up again (running back with the flight)?

Also reported that Crock has put on plenty of weight (a pic earlier in pre-season indicated he had, but nice to hear it translates on the field).

It seems Lenny has got through OK :thumbsu:, but after he played out a game (against North?) with an ACL who knows!

Might be a bit early to assess Darch, as he missed a month with a hammy. Would be interested in where he played though. Seems he's playing forward with Wilkes and Simpkin filling key defensive posts. I'm a bit torn, as I'd like him to stay forward, but I did like his form at FB late in the season. But as long as they keep him out of the ruck!

Wasn't a lot of intensity , but I thought Darch looked better in the forward line than Kosi and Rhys.
Peeled off from Wilkes quite nicely at one point.

Gilbert lined up on Riewoldt for a bit, I think Simpkin had a shot as well.

Both Simpkin and Wilkes looked pretty good, though I wasn't overawed on the overall level of skill.

F/up of the day was Newnes who was caught with hot potato in his back line and passed it to an opponent.

I'd have liked to see some more marks or at least attempted marks from the key forwards.

Not sure how much of the ball Lenny was getting , he might have been Dempstered.

Report on SS has Cuz getting cleaned up again (running back with the flight)?

Also reported that Crock has put on plenty of weight (a pic earlier in pre-season indicated he had, but nice to hear it translates on the field).

It seems Lenny has got through OK :thumbsu:, but after he played out a game (against North?) with an ACL who knows!

Lenny was still running with the others after the game.
Looked pretty comfortable.

went down, was behind the goals opposite to Linen House. (missed the first qtr)

Thought Markworth (10?) looked good, showed something.
Cripps was impressive, played really well.
Stanley presented well, but i didn't see him take a mark under pressure. Saw newness handball it to dal santo, had a good voice before that.
Didn't know who half the players were, didn't have a list.

Who was 60 and 64?

went down, was behind the goals opposite to Linen House. (missed the first qtr)

Thought Markworth (10?) looked good, showed something.
Cripps was impressive, played really well.
Stanley presented well, but i didn't see him take a mark under pressure. Saw newness handball it to dal santo, had a good voice before that.
Didn't know who half the players were, didn't have a list.

Who was 60 and 64?

A big bastard.

Markworth did look pretty good.

Jack Steven was showing some real leadership.

I read that the big guy no one recognised was from Sandy... Michael Sikora, apparently.

Only played VFL reserves last year, although Zebraman seems to think he'll be able to step up in 2012. 206cm. 104kg. 23yo.

Thanks for the updates gang.

Any changes in ball movement you could pick up?

How did Saad and Ledger look?

Only played VFL reserves last year, although Zebraman seems to think he'll be able to step up in 2012. 206cm. 104kg. 23yo.

He is an absolute monster. Makes McEvoy look small!! Macca was full of praise for him when I spoke to him after the game.

He is an absolute monster. Makes McEvoy look small!! Macca was full of praise for him when I spoke to him after the game.

If he and Dylan Jones (195cm IIRC with sticky fingers like Macca) step up, it will help to allow our guys to play in their right positions in the VFL. The issue with Rhys (aside from his ability to play with niggles) is the game plan - needs to be a free wheeler forward rather than worrying about where Kosi and Riewoldt are (I know it's not realistic, but I'm happy if he gets some game time as a forward - even if it is in the VFL).

I read that the big guy no one recognised was from Sandy... Michael Sikora, apparently.

There were a couple of Sandy players from what I hear.

Monster of a guy, I thought Wilkes dealt with him fairly well though.

I think Macca did OK against him in the ruck as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Intra-Club Game (Friday 10 Feb)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back