Game Day Intraclub match!!! Details in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how much you can buy into preseason matches let alone intraclub ones.

Otherwise I'd be worried how shit our defence will be in 2016

Avoid Optus. Shocking. Whenever I seem to use the net it give me about 4-5 mbs... .

How long is the length of cable between you and the exchange? And I'm not talking as the crow flies. If you are a couple of kms as the crow flies, then your cable will be much longer. The longer the cable, the slower your sync speed.

This isn't the only factor. Insufficient backhaul is a major problem at the moment withe the NBN. If your internet provider isn't buying enough capacity this will cause congestion issues and slow downs in speed.

Essentially we have whole lot of people trying to access the internet at high speeds, where it hasn't been possible before, and this causing some strain. You'd expect this to be ironed out over time.

For what it's worth I streamed it fine on my 4.5m connection.

So better go with a Big Company for NBN?

I know a lot of people will berate me for this but of all the established players we have Cloke is the one guy that I couldn't give two phucks if we traded or he decided to leave.
I understand all the arguments that suggest he is a massive plus for the side, all the arguments about structure etc, BUT, I disagree. I think he is massively overrated and have thought so for a long time.
I would be very happy for the club to trade him while he still has trade value.

Ok, attack me now bitches. I'm up for it.

Without a player of Cloke's ilk in your team you don't win Grand Finals.

I know you will not like this but I hope his Dads genes don't skip him and he plays at the Pies until he is 36 like David :eek:

Gault dropped out the back and kicked a few cheapies, did not dominate so much as be on the end of passages of play.
Still, someone's got to kick them and he did well.

Ramsay and Maynard have to be ahead of other HBF contenders on that hit out, both skillful hard nuts with beautiful disposal.

Moore and DeGory just oozed 'Pendles like' class

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a lot of people will berate me for this but of all the established players we have Cloke is the one guy that I couldn't give two phucks if we traded or he decided to leave.
I understand all the arguments that suggest he is a massive plus for the side, all the arguments about structure etc, BUT, I disagree. I think he is massively overrated and have thought so for a long time.
I would be very happy for the club to trade him while he still has trade value.

Ok, attack me now bitches. I'm up for it.

Not an attack but I reckon trading out Cloke puts us back 4-5 years in terms of development of the squad. We are already trying to develop Moore as a 2nd tall option with the likes of Cox, White, and Gault expected to provide depth. Lose Cloke and Moore has to step up to the number 1 spot, something he's just not ready for, and we have to rely on 1 of our 3 depth options filling that 2nd KPF slot. Even if we drafted a potential gun KPF at seasons end we'd still be waiting 2-3 years for them to start to realise their potential. Boyd a case in point.

I gave up the idea of Australia being advanced within 6 months of coming here in 2004.
Where in Holland every household had by then a glassfibre cable connection that could also be used for internet, ADSL was considered the norm here.
My outlook hasn't changed much. We could be more advanced but conservative sentiments hold us back. P

Yeah but you're comparing Australia with a country the size of Melbourne (exaggeration I know).

Agree that Government policy is the major hindrance to development of our system but the majority of people voted for this level of service... go figure!

Cloke is who he is. Will dominate one week, frustrate the hell out of us the next. He will without doubt cop the number 1 KPD all season. Thus allowing Moore to continue his development. Jessie White is the one who needs to extract the digit this season as its the final season on his contract. More hopeful than confident that this will occur.

A midfield of Pendles, Sidey, Swan, Adams, De Goey, Treloar, Crisp, Greenwood and Aish is reason enough to get excited. Varcoe, Broomy, Fas, Elliott and Maynard shows how much depth there is in the team.

The big question for me is, can Grundy and Witts combine for a successful Ruck/Forward partnership this season? We can only hope.

What I am saying is I understand the "structure" argument. And I respect that viewpoint. But I don't agree with it.
Yes, he is important to our structure. But I do not think he is anywhere as important or valuable as some people think. And when you factor in what we are paying for him it is an absolute rip off.
He is not even in the top 30 forwards of the comp. His performance is downright average. I have said it many times. I am in awe of his contested marking abilities but if you can't convert then it is pointless.
He is overrated. He doesn't "step up" and win games off his own boot when we need something special and he misses the easiest of easy goals. We saw it again yesterday. An intraclub match. No pressure. No consequences. And he kicked ..............what was it 2 goals 4 or 2 goals 5.
Sure, keep him in the side. But not for anywhere near the money he is getting. That sort of money is for game changers. Not for guys who are ranked around 30th in the comp amongst forwards.
He is one of the highest players in the comp but doesn't even rank in the top 200 players. That's right not even amongst the top 200. I am not talking top 10 or top 50. He is not even in the top 200 As supporters we need to call a spade a spade and realize he is the most overrated player in the comp. We are paying a massive amount of money for a guy who can mark a ball but can't do much else

Couple of hundred grand a year cheaper than Boyd.... how was his 2015 season?

Even a 1 year wonder like Dixon demanded a lot of money to move from GCS. Big forwards get paid big money and for good reason.

Anybodys attack can function well when there are no defenders.

Was noticeable that both defences were undersized relative to the tall forwards available.

I don't know how much you can buy into preseason matches let alone intraclub ones.

Otherwise I'd be worried how shit our defence will be in 2016

Defence is a worry, but what's the worry?

Collingwood's intra club games have a reputation for letting forwards build their confidence. Last year I can't remember who got off the chain but it happens too often to to be a coincidence.

I didn't go to the game but seeing some of the footage of Moore taking a mark in the clip where he kicked a goal he was opposed to Maynard, as dogged as Maynard is he hasn't got the capabilities to beat Moore in a marking contest.

Gault got a Lot of Gimmy Goals

Yet if Moore had kicked them it would have been the result of superior ability to read the play. Fair bit of bias in comments based on past experience/future hope.

It was a trial game with virtually no real defensive pressure around the ball.

I learnt more about internet speeds from this game than I did about how individual players are going/will go during the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Intraclub match!!! Details in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back