Game Day Intraclub match!!! Details in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

When the real pressure starts it'll fall to pieces.

A lot of goals were cheapies out the back (particularly Gault's) and shots under little pressure

Yeah true, just trying to be a little hopeful. :)

When the real pressure starts it'll fall to pieces.

A lot of goals were cheapies out the back (particularly Gault's) and shots under little pressure

Yet Cloke still managed to miss them. Go figure. Contract extension my ass.

Yet Cloke still managed to miss them. Go figure. Contract extension my ass.
I know a lot of people will berate me for this but of all the established players we have Cloke is the one guy that I couldn't give two phucks if we traded or he decided to leave.
I understand all the arguments that suggest he is a massive plus for the side, all the arguments about structure etc, BUT, I disagree. I think he is massively overrated and have thought so for a long time.
I would be very happy for the club to trade him while he still has trade value.

Ok, attack me now bitches. I'm up for it.

On a side note the stream quality was fantastic. So those who had problems I would imagine it is not the clubs fault but probably more to do with your internet provider.

I was trying to listen to the audio on the club app (was driving)

ISP is Telstra, they're OK yeah?

Driving through metropolitan Sydney, reception should be good yeah?

Audio bandwidth is quite low, yeah?

Kept dropping out :mad:

I was trying to listen to the audio on the club app (was driving)

ISP is Telstra, they're OK yeah?

Driving through metropolitan Sydney, reception should be good yeah?

Audio bandwidth is quite low, yeah?

Kept dropping out :mad:
It amazes me that for such an advanced country and such a wealthy country Australia has such shi?t internet. When I read posters talking about their speeds and their download limits etc it astounds me. You would expect such comments from people living in underdeveloped countries, not form one of the wealthiest and most developed countries in the world.

Internet speed is generally not your provider... its your router, filter and the physical lines that come into your house along with how far away you are from your exchange.

Cable 3.0 provided internet (through your foxtel cable) should give you 30 - 40 Mbps. Optic Fibre (NBN) should give you 80 - 100 Mbps on wired lines (Wireless halve it).

Buffering can also occur if you pc is crap as you pc can interrupt the flow of information because say your processor overheats and cant keep up with your internet speed.

Avoid Optus. Shocking. Whenever I seem to use the net it give me about 4-5 mbs... Called them at least 10 times. They keep giving me they don't have enough bandwidth issue. I keep telling them they have to provide a minimum standard of service and that I'll get the TIO involved. Anyway since I'm paying virtually nil for the next few months I'll stay with them. I'll probably switch to Telstra the next time I have a week day off. Optus used to be really good. They're Shyte now.
I have optus cable and have zero issues. The stream worked absolutely perfectly for me last night.

I know a lot of people will berate me for this but of all the established players we have Cloke is the one guy that I couldn't give two phucks if we traded or he decided to leave.
I understand all the arguments that suggest he is a massive plus for the side, all the arguments about structure etc, BUT, I disagree. I think he is massively overrated and have thought so for a long time.

I will just say I disagree and leave it at that.

I will just say I disagree and leave it at that.
I think from a perspective of effort it's fine for the older players to cruise, but Cloke's goal kicking under 0 pressure last night was just shocking...

It amazes me that for such an advanced country and such a wealthy country Australia has such shi?t internet. When I read posters talking about their speeds and their download limits etc it astounds me. You would expect such comments from people living in underdeveloped countries, not form one of the wealthiest and most developed countries in the world.

We just had FTTH installed and our ISP is quoting up to 100mbps. Fast enough for me.

Still in the process of getting that set up but in the meantime my wife has unlimited 4G data for a couple of months with Vodafone. I hotspotted the stream on my phone from her phone and it was seamless and looked great on my ol' S4.

Things are improving slowly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think from a perspective of effort it's fine for the older players to cruise, but Cloke's goal kicking under 0 pressure last night was just shocking...

I can't say I was super happy with what I saw from Clokey. Cranky, kicking was off as usual, didn't impact the game as much as he probably should have. I said earlier I don't really care what established players do in these games and I stand by that, but I noticed this last year too... Cloke seems like a man who is out of love with playing footy.

I'll just echo the thoughts of GC his importance is just a no brainer with where we're at, IMO...

We just had FTTH installed and our ISP is quoting up to 100mbps. Fast enough for me.

Still in the process of getting that set up but in the meantime my wife has unlimited 4G data for a couple of months with Vodafone. I hotspotted the stream on my phone from her phone and it was seamless and looked great on my ol' S4.

Things are improving slowly.
Wow Dynamics. As a person who is a technological moron I have no idea what you just sad. But I think it was a positive comment so :thumbsu: :D

Based on the idea it's a praccy match so the young uns are what count this is what impressed me.

Ramsay. He made the biggest statement. Amongst a group of HBF who will be fighting for one or two spots he gave notice that he will frank his early season form of 2015. Looks bigger and stronger, really athletic. Got involved, got ball and delivery was the highlight. I thought at times in 2015 his inside forward 50 delivery sizzled a few times and it did last night. Keep that up and he is first picked from the group of Toovey, Sinclair, Maynard, Oxley who are probably fighting over 1-2 spots.

Aish has a lot of class and has time with ball in hand. We nee more of what he offers and I think he will lock himself into the 22 pretty quickly.

De Goey and Moore we can speak about together. They just look A graders in the making, exciting and will be long term stars.

Gault only practice match form bur he ran hard, created opportunities for himself and had a presence. How he fits I don't know but at a minimum should do more at VFL level this year.

Cox really liked his 1st Q but not much after that. Couple of marks inside the 50, one where he broke off Brown on the lead showed potential. Did well in some ruck contests early. Not much after 1st Q.

Smith and Phillips looked fairly settled. They need to pass a few to come into consideration but show a bit.

Caff and Blairy at the other end of the spectrum showed they will not disappear without a fight. Reckon Blair will be in the 22 come round 1

Fas is ready for a big year

Wow Dynamics. As a person who is a technological moron I have no idea what you just sad. But I think it was a positive comment so :thumbsu: :D
I second that

I gave up the idea of Australia being advanced within 6 months of coming here in 2004.
Where in Holland every household had by then a glassfibre cable connection that could also be used for internet, ADSL was considered the norm here.
My outlook hasn't changed much. We could be more advanced but conservative sentiments hold us back. P

I gave up the idea of Australia being advanced within 6 months of coming here in 2004.
Where in Holland every household had by then a glassfibre cable connection that could also be used for internet, ADSL was considered the norm here.
My outlook hasn't changed much. We could be more advanced but conservative sentiments hold us back. P
Do you think the difference is geographical size might also be an issue? Holland would probably fit inside Victoria twice

Do you think the difference is geographical size might also be an issue? Holland would probably fit inside Victoria twice
To get 100% coverage absolutely of course. For densely populated urban areas however?

I'll just echo the thoughts of GC his importance is just a no brainer with where we're at, IMO...
You see Scodog10 this is where I disagree. I don't think he is that important and I disagree that it is a no brainer. It is an opinion. and a valid opinion but it is not an opinion which is beyond debate.
I understand what people say about his value being more than just his goal kicking and that he plays a massive role structurally to the team. But I just think that his inability to convert easy shots severally compromises this so called value and when we add in the fact of how much we are paying him then I just think he is overrated.
It is not a "no brainer". We are paying a huge amount of money for a guy who can mark but can't kick goals. Saying it is a no brainer is assuming that this is something which is beyond debate. Whereas it is clearly something which is debatable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Intraclub match!!! Details in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back