Investigation into Essendon Fitness Program

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotch is always a good idea no matter who suggests it.:thumbsu:
Call me a mug though because I'm still firmly of the opinion the entire saga, performance enhancing drug wise, is contained within the imaginations of the ACC, a very confined space from the looks of it.

So, how long have you been taking them?:cool:

No, absolutely seriously.

"Within the imaginations of the ACC"???

WTF???:confused:

You lost me in the first line- EFC have not made any denials about using AOD. Get your facts rights before ruminating.

Really all they have admitted is that they have not conceded that they have taken banned substances, in what was well written media release yesterday. All it says when it is broken down is we have not "accepted" that what we have taken as part of our program was banned.

Really all they have admitted is that they have not conceded that they have taken banned substances, in what was well written media release yesterday. All it says when it is broken down is we have not "accepted" that what we have taken as part of our program was banned.
So how did that other peanut farmer Brown Dog come up with AOD ?

Scotch is always a good idea no matter who suggests it.:thumbsu:
Call me a mug though because I'm still firmly of the opinion the entire saga, performance enhancing drug wise, is contained within the imaginations of the ACC, a very confined space from the looks of it.
Just watch tonight.s 7.30 Report - it's on iView. It looks like they are in pretty deep poo. And that is just on AOD....

Sam is just looking like a flog now with his comments reiterated each week. He made his point known the first week and i somewhat agreed but now he is just on a campaign to shoot the messenger in barret

Sam is just looking like a flog now with his comments reiterated each week. He made his point known the first week and i somewhat agreed but now he is just on a campaign to shoot the messenger in barret

Perhaps..just perhaps...that because Barrett is re-hashing over re-hashing for the sake of ratings and making himself look good, that people, whether Essendon supporters, players, coaches or anyone else is getting a little sick of the constant discussion, speculation and innuendo going on.

Newman is absolutely right. Nothing that has come out aside from the employment of Dank himself, has actually been proven as fact.

In fact the 4-eyed git came up with a new term - an alleged fact.

My knowledge of the English language tells me that the term he used is a tautology.

You can have either an allegation or you have a fact.

You can't have both!!!

A private schoolboy looking after other private schoolboys.

They probably all rort money together.

Perhaps..just perhaps...that because Barrett is re-hashing over re-hashing for the sake of ratings and making himself look good, that people, whether Essendon supporters, players, coaches or anyone else is getting a little sick of the constant discussion, speculation and innuendo going on.

Newman is absolutely right. Nothing that has come out aside from the employment of Dank himself, has actually been proven as fact.

My knowledge of the English language tells me that the term he used is a tautology.

You can't have both!!!

No... someone can allege something is a fact.

You can't have both!!!

Did he really say that?

**** me. Where do they find these people?

Sounds like he's trying to be Rumsfeld.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't have both!!!

Are the emails between Dank and Wada a fact?

If Sam Newman is considered a great beacon of truth from your point of view, dear Christ are you in strife.

As the saying goes, "any port in a storm"

Wada directed Dank and his enquiries about aod9604 to ASADA.

ASADA helped the ACC with their report which said multiple times that AOD9604 wasnt banned by wada.

When asada were asked about their communications with Dank they said "no comment"?

The Age reported ASADA believe their case regarding the use of AOD9604 at Essendon is weak.

Hmmmmmmmm

I don't see what the problem is?

That doesn't surprise me.

You along with others are quite happy to put the cart before the horse and pronounce Essendon gulity with no proof.

The problems lies at the end of that sentence. Where is the proof of guilt?

Therefore, what the media is doing and what so many on here are falling over themselves are doing, is actually not being at all prepared to countenance the principle of innocence.

Really is quite sad.

That doesn't surprise me.

You along with others are quite happy to put the cart before the horse and pronounce Essendon gulity with no proof.

The problems lies at the end of that sentence. Where is the proof of guilt?

Therefore, what the media is doing and what so many on here are falling over themselves are doing, is actually not being at all prepared to countenance the principle of innocence.

Really is quite sad.

I have not once said Essendon was guilty.

Newman has no idea and he actually did the exact opposite of what you just said. Newman stated many of the allegations as fact to try and prove his point. He went on to bag out an investigation that has barely even started, he believes we should take the word of the Essendon Football Club, even though they haven't actually said anything yet. It was one of his more bizarre rants and that's saying something.

Well if it is so clear cut and the club is guilty then don't you think we would have admitted to our guilt? If Essendon knew they were going down then they would have admitted to it as soon as possible in hope of receiving lesser penalties. I think the club believes there is still hope of coming out of this situation ok which is why they've kept their silence

In the normal circumstances of AFL cheating, ie Essendon, Carlton, Adelaide with salary cap breaches, Melbourne with tanking, coming clean had a benefit, with a plea bargain with the AFL, fines, loss of draft picks and they all continue on.

But this is a whole different scenario. The downside liability on this could be huge. With coaches and admin sacked, club fined, draft choices lost, players suspended from between six months to two years and then the financial and legal ramifications of the inevitable lawsuits from players whose careers have been deferred, or destroyed.

Essendon are swimming in professional assistance from legal fraternity, public relations firms and companies that handle brand management and best case management of disaster situations. All statements, have to be seen as being managed responses, with another end point in mind, not necessarily to inform or throw light on the situation at hand.

All fair minded AFL supporters, including those from Essendon, are having trouble with Essendon's obvious lack of clarity, honesty and ability to accurate communicate what really happened. But Essendon are being managed by those fearful for their jobs and being advised by those whose careers, are spent on spin and covering breaches with legal manipulation and financial might.

But as Lance Armstrong found out, sometimes even with all of this, it still all comes crashing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back