Investigation into Essendon Fitness Program

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mxett,

In realise this isnt something you want to hear, but the problem with AOD-9604 isnt anything it does or doesnt do.

The problem for WADA, and therefore for the poor misled bastards who took it, is that it is that it is an experimental drug that has been approved for human pharmaceutical use nowhere on the planet.

Thats what Section 0 is for, and its crystal clear and really easy to test - you just need to find somewhere, anywhere, the drug is legal, document that and you're good.

Despite being warned about S0 and why it was important, that nice Mr Dank inisisted because it passed S2 it was alright.

And its simply not.
I'm not disputing that. I'm countering claims its a PED

No, it failed efficacy years ago. It began clinical testin almost 10yrs ago I believe.

Why would they say this in Feb 2013

http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/publications/other-publications/appendix-one-overview-of-peptides

AOD-9604 works by mimicking the way natural GH regulates the metabolism of fat by stimulating lipolysis (the breakdown or destruction of fat) and inhibits lipogenesis (the transformation of non-fat food materials into body fat). Reports by Caldaza Ltd have shown that AOD-9604 had positive (anabolic) effects on cartilage tissue formation as well as enhancements in the ‘differential of muscle progenitor cells (cells that create muscle cells) to muscle cells’. Other purported benefits of AOD-9604 include increasing muscle mass and IGF-1 levels. AOD-9604 is not approved for human use.

http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/publications/other-publications/appendix-one-overview-of-peptides

and then this in April from the link you provided

So the ACC report in Feb 2013 quotes research by Caldaza.

Interesting how Caldaza then released this in April 2013:

"in-vitro, pre-clinical and human clinical testing of AOD9604 provide clear scientific and medical evidence that AOD9604 does not increase Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1) levels. Furthermore, there is no evidence that AOD9604 dosing increases the number of muscle or cartilage cells".

????

Sounds like they either
1. haven't researched properly and don't know their product 100% or
2. they are lying through their teeth.that's a huge back flip within 2 months

either option is deplorable

I ask as well, what type of organization let a product like this get injected into young males.....

I'm not disputing that. I'm countering claims its a PED

A point which is totally and utterly irrelevant for whether Mr Jobe Watson will be banned for up to two years for using it, because it is a prohibited substance under S0 of the WADA code.

Sounds like they either
1. haven't researched properly and don't know their product 100% or
2. they are lying through their teeth.that's a huge back flip within 2 months

either option is deplorable

I ask as well, what type of organization let a product like this get injected into young males.....

Of course they havent researched it properly - its an experimental drug.

Now, why James Hird was ok with his players being given a drug he knew was experimental is a second question.

The grey area around AO9604 is large

The grey area around AOD-9604 does not exist.

It is completely black and white.

The stuff is approved for human pharmaceutical use nowhere on the planet.

It fails section 0.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is either delusional, lying to you, or both.

So the club has come out with the statement saying the same thing they've been saying all along.. and not confirming what Jobe said OTC.

I'm sure someone has probably said this.. but I'm guessing that means the playing group and the club administration are starting to come apart.

Jobe is saying "the players haven't done anything wrong. It was the club's fault". The club isn't ready to admit that, which is why they're stonewalling. They probably want to work out if it's better for the club to get all the penalties or whether to lose some of their players for 6 months.

It will be interesting to see how the players respond this week if they're starting to feel like the club is hanging them out to dry.

The grey area around AOD-9604 does not exist.

It is completely black and white.

The stuff is approved for human pharmaceutical use nowhere on the planet.

It fails section 0.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is either delusional, lying to you, or both.
So why do Essendon believe they have evidence showing how it could be used in 2012 within WADA guidelines? Is this just bluff?

Its legally sold as a product in Australia for use by humans. It can legally be added to food in the USA.

Isnt that approved for human use?

Sure, if Essendon players are wearing makeup, worried about their cellulite or living in America. Which is it? In any case nowehere in the world has it been granted approval for pharmaceutical use. Calzada released a statement saying as such which you are obviously familiar with.

All of which is irrelevant to the WADA rules that state that the substance is banned. The rest is just smoke and mirrors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its legally sold as a product in Australia for use by humans. It can legally be added to food in the USA.

Isnt that approved for human use?

What WADA relies upon is that is is not approved for human therapeutic use. The phrases are put together.

It does not matter if it is a cosmetic or a self approved food additive in the USA. It is not approved anywhere in the world for human therapeutic use.

And no, the special exemption clause of TGA does not override that, either.

I'm not disputing it isnt under the catch all phrase. But people are claiming it isnt approved for human use which seems odd given I can buy it at stores in Australia to use on humans

Human *pharmaceutical* use.

But Im glad to see you've finally admitted that using experimental drugs can get players banned under the WADA code.

So can someone explain to me this. It was said on 360 tonight that a player admits to taking a banned substance and they knew it was banned then they would be suspended on the spot. However since Jobe Watson admitted to taking the banned substance but claimed he believed it wasn't banned he won't be banned on the spot because it was unintentional. But whether he intentionally took it or not shouldn't matter because it is a strict liability offence and it follows that he should be auto suspended doesn't it?

The club believe they saw and hold evidence showing they could use it within the rules. Why not defend them?

Because you have no idea what that evidence actually amounts to.

He said he's done nothing wrong. He and and club have not said the players have taken banned substances. The grey area around AO9604 is large and given that he's admitted to taking it not only on television, but probably during his ASADA interview, if the AFL or ASADA have not shafted him by now, its looking less likely they will.

Again the AFL have said all along that no action will be taken until such time as the ASADA investigation is complete. Jobe can say what he wants, Bigfooty can dig up what they want, and Essendon and its supporters can be as confident as they like, until the report is issued, its all meaningless.

What is black and white - the substance is banned by WADA, has been since 2011. Jobe took it.
What is grey is what the AFL and ASADA will want to do about it since the investigation is still ongoing.

I honestly believe that you will improve people's perception of Essendon by refraining from any further posting.

It is tiresome, arrogant and is doing neither yourself nor your club any favours.

Give it a rest.

About 5 weeks too late, but fantastic post.
mxett would make a great death row lawyer though....until his client was executed because he didn't really have a clue or valid legal argument.
But credit to him for flying the flag in the face of overwhelming evidence he is wrong.
Maybe this is Vlad's BF multi acct? mxett is never wrong after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back