Investigation into Essendon Fitness Program

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to mention dropping his slander case against the AFL which would have also required him to talk. Theres all sorts of shenanigans being done here.

Surely if dank had anything that would prove the supplement program was approved/legitimate he would talk to ASADA because it would help clear his name - or maybe he figures he's screwed regardless so why bother helping essendon since they seem quite happy to throw him under the bus

Ultimately he is the most important person in this whole episode - he knows what was given and to whom, but perhaps more importantly who else knew what he was doing and who, if anyone, authorized it

Has there been any clarification on what this is all about:

AOD project revenue streams?

Yeah saw that. Not good.

We're they thinking they had found a legal wonder drug and running trials at essendon in the hope of proving it really does work? They could invest and promote if they managed to show that.

I really hope that isn't what happened but that text does open the door to speculation.

Yeah saw that. Not good.

We're they thinking they had found a legal wonder drug and running trials at essendon in the hope of proving it really does work? They could invest and promote if they managed to show that.

I really hope that isn't what happened but that text does open the door to speculation.

A simple theory .....makes sense and you are left thinking this is the direction the the investigation is heading after yesterdays leak.

Spike McVeigh claiming on SEN that he also saw documentation including stating that AOD was WADA compliant before the club began on the supplement program, and again during his ASADA interview.

If the players saw documentation that came from ASADA then that is important, if just Essendons or one of Essendons contractors staffs opinion, or they did not show it to the players then Meh.

But if Essendon had documentation from ADASA that said AOD is ok which they presented to their players, then where the hell is it? I do not believe for one second that if Essendon had such a slam dunk they and the AFL would be coping the reputation damage they are at present when they could leak this document and short circuit the media frenzy.

So, loss of 2013 points is definitely on the table:

The AFL on Monday left open the possibility that third-placed Essendon could be stripped of premiership points over the supplements scandal.
AFL general manager of football operations Mark Evans says various options will be considered if the Bombers are found guilty following the completion of ASADA's anti-doping investigation.
"It is certainly within the scope of the (AFL) Commission to do that, but it will be a Commission decision once it has been tabled," Evans told AFL.com.au's Access All Areas when asked if Essendon could lose premiership points.

So, loss of 2013 points is definitely on the table:

The AFL on Monday left open the possibility that third-placed Essendon could be stripped of premiership points over the supplements scandal.
AFL general manager of football operations Mark Evans says various options will be considered if the Bombers are found guilty following the completion of ASADA's anti-doping investigation.
"It is certainly within the scope of the (AFL) Commission to do that, but it will be a Commission decision once it has been tabled," Evans told AFL.com.au's Access All Areas when asked if Essendon could lose premiership points.
Like efc who would not comment the afl has...

If the AFL is going to strip them of premiership points for 2013, then logically they will have to lose draft picks as well, otherwise the AFL is effectively giving them a draft pick upgrade.

If the AFL is going to strip them of premiership points for 2013, then logically they will have to lose draft picks as well, otherwise the AFL is effectively giving them a draft pick upgrade.

Ye[ the Crows "lost" x2 years worth of 1st and 2nd rd selections for the Tippett saga. Surely Essendon would have to at least face the same ........

The logical extrapolation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but at the moment there is no suggestion that anything will happen.
All we have is a statement saying that loss of premiership points is a possible sanction if they are found guilty.
It doesn't mean that they will get that penalty and it doesn't mean that they wont get other penalties.
Its a simple nothing answer to a Journalist who had nothing else, so they ran with it.

All we have is a statement saying that loss of premiership points is a possible sanction if they are found guilty.
It doesn't mean that they will get that penalty and it doesn't mean that they wont get other penalties.
Its a simple nothing answer to a Journalist who had nothing else, so they ran with it.
So much this. At least someone can see past the lurid headline

A soccer player in England was given "I promise it's legal" injections to aid his recovery.

He has been banned for 2 years.

The drug is widely different, a clear anabolic steroid. Some facts parallel what is going on in our sport. In this instance the independent commission basically said "no excuses".

Let's hope the same ruthlessness is imposed locally if and when a tribunal has to adjudicate.
banned footballer

Yeah... Thus I said "If...".

True but it does debunk the theory that some Essendon fans have been spruiking for months (based on a comment from Vlad early in the piece).
that's the reason I haven't claimed this is completely meaningless. It does subtly alter the AFL's position from what Demetriou said a while back. I think it's fair to recognise that, as well as recognising that essentially he's just been asked a question and has answered it, he hasn't come out and declared losing points is a likely outcome

that's the reason I haven't claimed this is completely meaningless. It does subtly alter the AFL's position from what Demetriou said a while back. I think it's fair to recognise that, as well as recognising that essentially he's just been asked a question and has answered it, he hasn't come out and declared losing points is a likely outcome
In all fairness I'd be surprised if Essendon didn't lose all points this year (provided a finding is forthcoming prior to the finals). It gives the AFL the best chance to punish the club while potentially minimising player punishment, also acknowledging that the public is (IMO) very much against Essendon having a chance at the flag this year. IMO this current "AFL" comment is a move towards the AFL's preferred sanction package, with a proxy standing in for Vlad to minimise the sensationalism (and his embarrassment).

Apologies if it's been touched on and I'm sure it has, but with Joe Daniher training at Essendon last year, is he likely to get caught up in all of this or will they look the other way and hope the general public don't pick up on it?

He would almost be a bigger story than Watson.

I think about 1000 pages ago somewhere buried amongst all this... stuff, someone mentioned that possibility. So far there is no confirmation either way.

Apologies if it's been touched on and I'm sure it has, but with Joe Daniher training at Essendon last year, is he likely to get caught up in all of this or will they look the other way and hope the general public don't pick up on it?

He would almost be a bigger story than Watson.
will who look the other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back