Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gym managers who think loud dance music at 5am is a wonderful thing.

I swapped gyms because the one I'm in at the moment wasn't doing that and the last one was, but in the last week things have changed. I raised it with the manager but basically it's a "bad luck some people think it's too quiet".

sitting here reading posts instead of being at the gym seeing annoying people.

annoys me
an irritation within an irritation
inception.jpg

Guy today was doing a circuit of chin ups, shoulder press, sumo deadlift and weighted dips. He was occupying one of only 2 power racks in the gym for his chins and 40kg shoulder press with the barbell racked at shoulder height and a separate barbell in front of the power rack with 100kg on it for his sumo deadlifts.

I thought it was pretty disrespectful to be using all of that equipment at once.

Lately the ones what have been giving me grief:

1. Bloke I call sirsweatsalot. The other patrons know who I mean when I say it - even if they haven't been in on the joke before. Doesn't clean up after himself. I use a mop instead of towels.

2. A couple english lads who come in and load up deadlift with some pretty decent weight. Belts, Straps, lots of grunting and some of the worst form you'll ever see. Like straight out of a youtube compilation called gym fails. They're the type of guys who bounce the bar up their legs by doing weird calf raise him thrust things. Its putrid. Then if the bar miraculously comes up you'd better believe they put on a show.

3. Girls not wearing enough clothing. It's darn distracting, I'm here to lift.

4. People being too stupid to understand the concept that you can't spot reduce fat, despite my best efforts to use basic language they stare blankly back at me and say something like "yeah but I want to loose this" and point to their stomach. Well put down the powerade, you've barely broken a sweat you gigantic pussy.

Rant out.

Lately the ones what have been giving me grief:

1. Bloke I call sirsweatsalot. The other patrons know who I mean when I say it - even if they haven't been in on the joke before. Doesn't clean up after himself. I use a mop instead of towels.

2. A couple english lads who come in and load up deadlift with some pretty decent weight. Belts, Straps, lots of grunting and some of the worst form you'll ever see. Like straight out of a youtube compilation called gym fails. They're the type of guys who bounce the bar up their legs by doing weird calf raise him thrust things. Its putrid. Then if the bar miraculously comes up you'd better believe they put on a show.

3. Girls not wearing enough clothing. It's darn distracting, I'm here to lift.

4. People being too stupid to understand the concept that you can't spot reduce fat, despite my best efforts to use basic language they stare blankly back at me and say something like "yeah but I want to loose this" and point to their stomach. Well put down the powerade, you've barely broken a sweat you gigantic pussy.

Rant out.

Amen to point 4, it's like when I see people do weighted sit ups, or standing oblique crunches with a 20kg plate. It's like that will magically burn belly fat, produce a 6 pac and a smaller waist all in the one go.....how about you eat a little food, drink a little less alcohol and that will 100 times more for your dreamed 6 pac than a million sit ups will do.

Also saw a bloke doing shrugs in the standing calf raise machine

Amen to point 4, it's like when I see people do weighted sit ups, or standing oblique crunches with a 20kg plate. It's like that will magically burn belly fat, produce a 6 pac and a smaller waist all in the one go.....how about you eat a little food, drink a little less alcohol and that will 100 times more for your dreamed 6 pac than a million sit ups will do.

Also saw a bloke doing shrugs in the standing calf raise machine

Ohhhh ! That reminds me, standing oblique crunches with a dumbell in each hand. C'mon mate, talk me through the logic here..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently witnessing a bloke doing his squats in a pair of tight denim
Shorts
NTTAWWT

There's an older bloke who comes in, no warm up, does super-light bicep curls as his first exercise and wears a "muscle tee" (term applied loosely), tracksuit pants, wooly socks and shoes. Weird unit

Nothing wrong with this.

i do it. towel draped neatly over the bench. get water, come back promptly. i guess if people put their towel on a bench with barbell and weights, then drink bottle on another machine, and phone and earphones on another, that's too far

Two attractive females, who are friends. Training side by side, occupying two squat racks doing nothing but squats with the bar. This annoys me becuase they are occupying two of the three squats racks.

Things that please me, observing two attractive females doing squats!

Two attractive females, who are friends. Training side by side, occupying two squat racks doing nothing but squats with the bar. This annoys me becuase they are occupying two of the three squats racks.

Things that please me, observing two attractive females doing squats!

Maybe their hotness is distracting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back