Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He ignored this
View attachment 463759

And benched in this
View attachment 463760

Our gym also has a power rack which was ignored as well. I get that power racks could be good you're lifting heavy but this guy was doing 60kg

that feel when your gym doesn't even have a bench press station.. and dragging a bench into rack is only option :( definitely a worse setup IMO

intriguing more than anything.

lad in skinny jeans and a polo button up to the top working out tonight.
Had a dude barefoot with a polo shirt and denim shorts yesterday, also had a kid in tee and dress shorts just kinda aimlessly wandering around doing random excercises with random equipment last week, he was maybe 14-15 and extremely overweight.

intriguing more than anything.

lad in skinny jeans and a polo button up to the top working out tonight.
I saw a guy in jeans, boat shoes and like a long sleeve cardigan type thing at Armadale Goodlife once, he didn't look like he was new to gyms either.

Had a dude barefoot with a polo shirt and denim shorts yesterday, also had a kid in tee and dress shorts just kinda aimlessly wandering around doing random excercises with random equipment last week, he was maybe 14-15 and extremely overweight.

I saw a guy in jeans, boat shoes and like a long sleeve cardigan type thing at Armadale Goodlife once, he didn't look like he was new to gyms either.

I know there's no dress code for gyms, but surely wearing particular lines would feel uncomfortable? Especially jeans, skinny ones. Too restricted. Squatting impossible.

Old dude at my gym does a lot of walking around and practicing his bowling action. Sometimes mixes it up with a handball here and there. Then acts exhausted, hands on knees and takes his top off to wipe his brow.

hahahaha lol playing his own game of footy/cricket. Be funny if he started practicing leaving the ball (cricket) or rushing the ball through for a behind.

I know there's no dress code for gyms, but surely wearing particular lines would feel uncomfortable? Especially jeans, skinny ones. Too restricted. Squatting impossible.

On the contrary most gyms ive been to require suitable footwear (at least enclosed) now granted my gym is a little lax on this with the BJJ mats in the facility and a no shoes policy on that... Completely agree though, its either gotta be skin tight spandex or loose and flowy anything in between is not ideal.

On the contrary most gyms ive been to require suitable footwear (at least enclosed) now granted my gym is a little lax on this with the BJJ mats in the facility and a no shoes policy on that... Completely agree though, its either gotta be skin tight spandex or loose and flowy anything in between is not ideal.

Well yeah footwear is the requirement (makes sense). But then I wonder what their policy is on patrons working out without shoes.

Well yeah footwear is the requirement (makes sense). But then I wonder what their policy is on patrons working out without shoes.

I don't think ive ever seen it pulled up, in my last gym in Melbourne the trainers used to get their clients to do exercises without shoes, actively encouraging patrons to ignore the big signs regarding shoes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gyms always seem to have clothing policies, but I've never seen anyone kicked out or warned for breaking it.

I guess there rules that are common sense such as wear clothes, dont be naked etc. But say wearing jeans or a dinner suit isnt mentioned cause its well silly.

I don't think ive ever seen it pulled up, in my last gym in Melbourne the trainers used to get their clients to do exercises without shoes, actively encouraging patrons to ignore the big signs regarding shoes.

I do wonder if there have been cases where a weight was dropped on ones foot, and then he/she sued the club for damages.

I do wonder if there have been cases where a weight was dropped on ones foot, and then he/she sued the club for damages.

I’d be amazed if there had not been, having said that a 20 kilo dumbbell is doing some damage when it’s dropped on a fresh pair of Nike frees...

Doing front shoulder raises today and some older man (in his 50's) stands right next to me and does the same but obviously has to lift the big boy weights :rolleyes: He had no control and I swear he was going to put his back out with how much he's swinging the weight around.

Doing front shoulder raises today and some older man (in his 50's) stands right next to me and does the same but obviously has to lift the big boy weights :rolleyes: He had no control and I swear he was going to put his back out with how much he's swinging the weight around.
This is a daily occurrence in some of the gyms I've been in and the demographic is literally only two types; skinny young guys or 50+ men.

I think I posted this story 100 pages ago but as a refresher, I saw a big bellied, 5'5ish 50+ bloke decline benching on a smith machine with like 140kg loaded up, the major issue was his range of motion was probably about 10% of what would constitute a bench press. Pretty much a slight bend at the elbow before the weight went back up again.

I’d be amazed if there had not been, having said that a 20 kilo dumbbell is doing some damage when it’s dropped on a fresh pair of Nike frees...
This is why I wear steel cap boots in the gym. Can never be too careful!

This is a daily occurrence in some of the gyms I've been in and the demographic is literally only two types; skinny young guys or 50+ men.

I think I posted this story 100 pages ago but as a refresher, I saw a big bellied, 5'5ish 50+ bloke decline benching on a smith machine with like 140kg loaded up, the major issue was his range of motion was probably about 10% of what would constitute a bench press. Pretty much a slight bend at the elbow before the weight went back up again.

See stuff like that on gymfails on insta, pretty great. I can punch out 80kgs on the bench for 6 reps but it’s bar to chest. I’d rather do an actual press at a lower weight than a bullshit pop at heavy weight.

See stuff like that on gymfails on insta, pretty great. I can punch out 80kgs on the bench for 6 reps but it’s bar to chest. I’d rather do an actual press at a lower weight than a bullshit pop at heavy weight.

The other thing is that without an objective measure (ie bar touching chest) you have no way of knowing whether you’ve progressed/are progressing as opposed to just cutting your range even shorter in order to use more weight/get more reps.

Last edited:

The other thing is that without an objective measure (ie bar touching chest) you have no way of knowing whether you’ve progressed/are progressing as opposed to just cutting your range even shorter in order to use more weight/get less reps.
Spot on. It's also funny when you're next to some 60kg teenager with massive dumbbells trying to curl them and you've got half the weight in each hand but arms twice the size of his.

When you’ve been telling someone for 12 months to change their squat technique (widen stance) and they refuse to, then you get a message from them saying someone told them to widen their squat stance and how much better it is.
#srsly

hahahaha lol playing his own game of footy/cricket. Be funny if he started practicing leaving the ball (cricket) or rushing the ball through for a behind.
my gym has a no jeans, no work boots, no bare feet rule

When you’ve been telling someone for 12 months to change their squat technique (widen stance) and they refuse to, then you get a message from them saying someone told them to widen their squat stance and how much better it is.
#srsly
hey she was hotter than you so I had to pay attention

I normally wouldn’t take a photo of a dude in a gym but this guy is the most annoying POS. He has about as much muscle as jelly and literally talks at the top of his voice to reluctant Gym-goers about his routines and things like ‘oh if you walk from my place to Manly that’s high intensity but you have to be smart about it like when you have your short black on the way back. It’s like when I play tennis I sweat, but the movement is in the sun unlike a high intensity walk to Manly. You just have to be smart about it’ (an actual conversation I’m overhearing). I wear noise-cancelling over the ear headphones so you should get an idea of how loud he is.

I also saw him get a ****ing stick and attach it to cables to do some weird inverted chest press I mean FFS do you even have a chest and IS THAT YOUR OWN STICK?!

He is also wearing wrist wraps, compression for legs, and he is literally doing all upper body, but nothing that even needs wrist or leg support.

#allthegearnoidea

EDIT: The poor lad he was bragging to just walked away and he’s now engaged reception in conversation.

EDIT2: His stick is back.

EDIT3: The stick is indeed his.

EDIT4: HE HAS NOW PULLED OUT AN A5 DIARY WITH A PARKER FOUNTAIN PEN I can’t make this shit up.

I’m out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back