Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to explain what annoys you about this?

Also the advertising screens you emailed them about? And also what is wrong with the suggestion box?

* The stock photo of the girl in the OMG pose is ridiculously bad and annoying. I can't decide whether she's OMG-ing, yawning or preparing for fellatio.
* The poster is spread across the gym (it's a large gym) in roughly 30 places. Should have pointed that out.
* The use of this photo and the poster's proliferation throughout the gym tells me the owners are backwater nuffies living in the 90's who have zero insight into the mindset of modern gym-going clientele.
* You LIKE advertising screens? Care to tell me why? I don't feel I need to explain that one, frankly.
* The only thing wrong with the suggestion box is the fact they took it away. I thought I made that clear.

As you were.

Last edited:
* The stock photo of the girl in the OMG pose is ridiculously bad and annoying. I can't decide whether she's OMG-ing, yawning or preparing for fellatio.
* The poster is spread across the gym (it's a large gym) in roughly 30 places. Should have pointed that out.
* The use of this photo and the poster's proliferation throughout the gym tells me the owners are backwater nuffies living in the 90's who have zero insight into the mindset of modern gym-going clientele.
* You LIKE advertising screens? Care to tell me why? I don't feel I need to explain that one, frankly.
* The only thing wrong with the suggestion box is the fact they took it away. I thought I made that clear.

As you were.

Calm down I was just curious.

Agree not sure why you’d remove the suggestion box unless people were making irrelevant suggestions.

Maybe we are just different people but pieces of paper on the wall don’t annoy no matter how corny or contribed they may be.

My gym has 4 tv screens with free to air on which I like, I work out in the mornings and usually have the morning shows on. But no advertising screens I don’t having any like of dislike towards them. They don’t get me worked up and irritated like they do to you.

Is that not common across all places between each state? The way they operate, speak etc. Not just in gyms.

Yeh it is, I think I'm reinforcing that but also I probably just had some expectation that gyms being gyms would have similar culture inside them regardless of where you go, especially between two major cities in the same country. Standard gym in Sydneys eastern suburbs versus standard gym in Melbourne inner east would be very similar (not comparing muscle beach to Hobart gym or something) but they are not.

Stick Man literally tries to talk to everyone at the gym about himself. It’s so annoying to witness.

EDIT: Stick Man literally asked me mid drop-set mini rest if he can use the machine. I just walked away because I ain’t getting myself caught up in that conversation trap. Anyway I look back and he is using WRIST STRAPS FOR LAT PULLDOWN TO MOVE 57kg. He does one set with the crappest form I’ve ever seen then goes to chat to someone. Thanks for interrupting my sesh for that. I’m out.

EDIT2: photo removed for precious people.

Last edited:
I've seen guys wear wrist straps on chest day and wear belts whilst training triceps.

I've seen guys wear wrist straps on chest day and wear belts whilst training triceps.
Acceptable....

... only if you've got a chain and plates on it for weighted dips.

Stick Man literally tries to talk to everyone at the gym about himself. It’s so annoying to witness.

EDIT: Stick Man literally asked me mid drop-set mini rest if he can use the machine. I just walked away because I ain’t getting myself caught up in that conversation trap. Anyway I look back and he is using WRIST STRAPS FOR LAT PULLDOWN TO MOVE 57kg. He does one set with the crappest form I’ve ever seen then goes to chat to someone. Thanks for interrupting my sesh for that. I’m out.

View attachment 469856

Does he have a tiny short torso or is that just the picture?

View attachment 469856

Does he have a tiny short torso or is that just the picture?

I thought he was wearing a beanie!

Yeh I did a double take at that too.

What are your (and others) thoughts about beanie wearing in the gym. Ive seen it many times and thought to myself why is he sweating it out in singlet and shorts whilst wearing a device that is designed to keep your head warm?

I guess no diff to wearing a cap inside teh gym

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your (and others) thoughts about beanie wearing in the gym. Ive seen it many times and thought to myself why is he sweating it out in singlet and shorts whilst wearing a device that is designed to keep your head warm?

Having a bad hair day?

Don’t really understand caps at the gym - anyone here wear one want to shed light on why?

I wear a cap that has a pretty thick towelling band, it absorbs most of the sweat from my head, and I sweat a lot.

Cant say I get the beanie.

Don’t you get super hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back