Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xmas day training is the best. We do a lunch with the in laws, always have a 24 hour gym just so I can go xmas night. All about it.
Damn, my gym is closed Christmas morning. I always go for a run or a ride just so I'm hungrier throughout the day and I can eat more.

I more took it as your average gym goer doing 150kg deads for sets of 3 reps or the like, not someone dropping 80kg. Yeah I can understand the frustration if they are not near their 1rm and just dropping it for the sake of it, but otherwise I can sort of understand.

Its all relative isnt it? 80kgs maybe too heavy for some who need to drop it like its hot.

I did 70 last night. But 3 x 10 reps.

Its all relative isnt it? 80kgs maybe too heavy for some who need to drop it like its hot.

I did 70 last night. But 3 x 10 reps.
A lot of people by that last rep will be fatigued to the point that they don’t control it, it’s just how it is.

A lot of people by that last rep will be fatigued to the point that they don’t control it, it’s just how it is.
A lot of people are lazy and/or have poor form

A lot of people think the dead lift stops at the top when you are only halfway through the weight's journey

I admit to dropping a deadlift if I am towards the end of a WOD and CBF.

WOD meaning in a crossfit box? I thought dropping weights and bad form were encouraged there? (jokes) But seriously like a powerlifting gym i thought it wasnt a problem there.

WOD meaning in a crossfit box? I thought dropping weights and bad form were encouraged there? (jokes) But seriously like a powerlifting gym i thought it wasnt a problem there.

Yes. WOD = Workout of the Day

I dont know anyone quoting 3x10 rep numbers. Why tf would that be what you go off?

You only need to have lifted the weight once to say you can lift it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know anyone quoting 3x10 rep numbers. Why tf would that be what you go off?

You only need to have lifted the weight once to say you can lift it
I dunno! I think it's something my dad told me when I was a kid
"It doesn't count, son, unless you've lifted the weight 30 ****in times"

Rings a faint bell.

Needless to say I have NFI what my 1rm would be for deadlift/squat. Waaaaay too scared of bad technique and messing myself up badly. After a lifetime of weak glutes and the associated lower back grumbles I don't want to go out and smash a huge lift.

Currently doing 3 x 10 of 60kgs deadlifts and feeling like I could up it by 5-10kgs. Squats slightly higher on and able to do 3 x 10 of 75kg.

Only started concentrating on good deadlift technique a couple of weeks ago though.

Hang on - isn't that what people are quoting when they say they can deadlift xxxkg?? Their 3x10 rep number?

Or are people talking about 1 rep max?
I've never tested my 1rm so if im quoting my lifts I'll say its 5×5 or 3x10 etc

Needless to say I have NFI what my 1rm would be for deadlift/squat. Waaaaay too scared of bad technique and messing myself up badly. After a lifetime of weak glutes and the associated lower back grumbles I don't want to go out and smash a huge lift.

Currently doing 3 x 10 of 60kgs deadlifts and feeling like I could up it by 5-10kgs. Squats slightly higher on and able to do 3 x 10 of 75kg.

Only started concentrating on good deadlift technique a couple of weeks ago though.

Testing one RM of deadlifts is probably the safest of the lot. Think if you start the bar on ground, even if you only get it 5-6 inches off the ground and can’t go anymore just drop it. Unlike squat or bench, once you commit to the lift it can be dangerous if you get stuck without a spotter.

Testing one RM of deadlifts is probably the safest of the lot. Think if you start the bar on ground, even if you only get it 5-6 inches off the ground and can’t go anymore just drop it. Unlike squat or bench, once you commit to the lift it can be dangerous if you get stuck without a spotter.

Yeah I work out alone at the gym in my apartment complex and I'm often the only one in there so there's no way in hell I'm testing my 1RM for bench.

****ing hero lady at the gym. Must be at least 8 months pregnant, still doing group PT sessions. Now I'm no doctor, so maybe burpees and squats and whatever else is in her circuit is good for the baby. I don't know. But jeez, go home and give it a rest. You're not impressing anyone.
Group session finishes and she wanders over and tells her son she's going to do some cardio to finish off. The kid looks about 10 and is obese already. This selfish bitch has let her fat ass son sit in the couch in the foyer and play with his iPad for over an hour while she gets her exercise fix. Geez, even her PT dragged the kid off the couch and stood with him to motitvate him on the cardio equipment.
Then to finish off, the kid goes back to the iPad, while she chats with an other lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back