Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday and Sunday night (or even late afternoon) was my JAM. Always empty.
Early mornings work best for me if I'm awake - around 3am gets the entire gym for myself. Anything earlier than 6.30am is good because you're sharing the gym with people who are there to push through sets rather than have social meets.

I used to many years ago and my body clock is still screwed. It's not unusual for me to wake up early.
Makes sense, 3am seemed masochistic to an insane degree.

I used to religiously go at 9-10pm weekdays and it was generally quiet. Throw in the big Friday/Sunday sessions and my 5-6 day a week split was great.

Friday and Sunday night (or even late afternoon) was my JAM. Always empty.

Friday night must be when all the f**kwits work out at my gym.

Every Saturday morning when I go in there's always barbells loaded with weights still sitting in the racks. Never see it any other day.

Every Saturday morning when I go in there's always barbells loaded with weights still sitting in the racks. Never see it any other day.
It's not unusual to see stuff not put away but I never see anyone first hand doing it.

I almost find the old plate sandwich mish mash even more annoying, like there is a 5, then a 2.5 and there is a 10 and a 20 on top of it. And you want the 2.5 or 5.. Because it's not in the rules posted lots of lazy people do that.

Makes sense, 3am seemed masochistic to an insane degree.

I used to religiously go at 9-10pm weekdays and it was generally quiet. Throw in the big Friday/Sunday sessions and my 5-6 day a week split was great.
While I go in the mornings religiously around 5-6am, Im never going to preach that one time is superior to the other.

At the end of the day, the best time is the one that you will not only go consistently with but also perform optimally in as well. Your gym time needs to be balanced with your personal and work life.

So for me PPL from Mon-Sat, 6 days straight works best for me with Sunday off.

In a perfect world, I would love to go a few hours after I wake up say around 10-11am and after a solid breakfast, so that my post workout meal is my lunch.

Im betting its because they are chasing the pump before a night out. lol.:D

While I go in the mornings religiously around 5-6am, Im never going to preach that one time is superior to the other.

At the end of the day, the best time is the one that you will not only go consistently with but also perform optimally in as well. Your gym time needs to be balanced with your personal and work life.

So for me PPL from Mon-Sat, 6 days straight works best for me with Sunday off.

In a perfect world, I would love to go a few hours after I wake up say around 10-11am and after a solid breakfast, so that my post workout meal is my lunch.
I broadly agree and most people though my “late” night routine was insane.

3am as a non shift worker is pretty cooked but.

I broadly agree and most people though my “late” night routine was insane.

3am as a non shift worker is pretty cooked but.
I have trained at various times at the gym, except say from 12am to 4am. Ive almost gone in a few times at around 2am, when I have had trouble sleeping or cant get back to sleep, but never have. I just ended up going in a little earlier than normal instead.

Late night, was genuinely peaceful and relaxing, however very hard to wind down after to sleep, for me at least. Not only that but its hard for me to be consistent, because at the end of the day, its easy to pull the plug and call it quits and not go in. Arguably you could say the same thing about when I go early in the morning, however, there is the option at least to go later in the day. Ironically I never missed a session and gone later that same day.

Yeah 3am is not only cooked but youre more likely to get some strange characters at that time, be it in the gym or outside it.

It's not unusual to see stuff not put away but I never see anyone first hand doing it.

I almost find the old plate sandwich mish mash even more annoying, like there is a 5, then a 2.5 and there is a 10 and a 20 on top of it. And you want the 2.5 or 5.. Because it's not in the rules posted lots of lazy people do that.
The best I have seen is when someone puts a clip first, followed by several 20kg plates, I mean WTF, just throw the clip on the floor than to stack multiple plates on top of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find they love doing it with the cable machine too, the most popular piece of equipment in there.
I used to quite like the cable machines (dont have them at home) but i never understood filming on them, it doesnt look impressive unless youre olympia level physique.

Not irritating but very anxiety inducing seeing people almost fail on the decline bench press. I hurried over but he ended up racking it (barely though as one end he had to settle for the lower side). Pretty close to having 90kg fall straight on his throat.

I don't see why people do that exercise. I've tried it maybe 3 times in my 17 years of lifting and never felt comfortable.

I used to quite like the cable machines (dont have them at home) but i never understood filming on them, it doesnt look impressive unless youre olympia level physique.
Ive never filmed any lift, although tempted to do one just for bench press if I hit my PR.

I can see some potential benefits for a newbie or beginner if your doing lifts using barbell or dumbbell, but Ive always felt its a waste of time and energy.

There is the one girl at our gym that films her lifts on the incline leg press at various angles. :drunk:

Not irritating but very anxiety inducing seeing people almost fail on the decline bench press. I hurried over but he ended up racking it (barely though as one end he had to settle for the lower side). Pretty close to having 90kg fall straight on his throat.

I don't see why people do that exercise. I've tried it maybe 3 times in my 17 years of lifting and never felt comfortable.
Im surprise gyms still have the setup, its very old school and it belongs in the graveyard, not great for the shoulders.

Yesterday being a public holiday it was fairly quiet and there was only a few of us in at 6am, anyways one guy was benching and decided to do another exercise and leave his weights still on the bar.

To my surprise, a regular gym bro told him to put the weights away.

Ive never filmed any lift, although tempted to do one just for bench press if I hit my PR.

I can see some potential benefits for a newbie or beginner if your doing lifts using barbell or dumbbell, but Ive always felt its a waste of time and energy.

There is the one girl at our gym that films her lifts on the incline leg press at various angles. :drunk:
Not gonna lie, ive filmed heaps of random shit that i think made me look good (preacher curls for the arms lads, trust me) but cables just dont really do that IMO.

In a massive rut atm. Work and personal shit just annoying me. Can't muster the courage to get out and go to the gym
If its just "courage" or "motivation" the issue, just limit yourself to warming up and only doing your favorite exercise.

Thats less than 20mins in the gym. If you stay longer great, if not, you can build on that over the coming days and or weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back