Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

See your fan raise you an aircon
AC is different and in fact I would much rather AC than a fan.

If the temp stays the same for all parts of the gym and is cool to cold thats fine. My body adjusts to that setting and is fine.

I just hate where in some parts its ice cold and others it can be warm to hot.

Very irritated. Third consecutive night of poor sleep and mentally I just cant go the gym today, feeling way too light hearted and dizzy.

More frustrating as the body is physically fine and its chest day too, although Pull Days are the easiest and most enjoyable.

The worst aspect is that I had even planned everything meticulously last night to sleep well, but I left the heating on too high and cooked myself overnight with a bad migraine.

If this was Day 1 or 2, of poor sleep I would have gone in as I often do, just think its too risky to hit the gym with 3 nights of very very poor sleep.

Would be interested in others opinions here?

I know CNS fatigue is a real thing, possibly could have done a much much lighter load today, but I think in this case, rest is probably the best thing to do.
I've worked out tired, to be honest I go lighter and cut the workout shorter - it's more like active recovery.
Sleep makes such a big difference. Sometimes just getting as much rest as you can and pushing everything back a day is best.

I've worked out tired, to be honest I go lighter and cut the workout shorter - it's more like active recovery.
Sleep makes such a big difference. Sometimes just getting as much rest as you can and pushing everything back a day is best.
Thanks for that, much appreciated. :thumbsu:

If I was just tired, I would honestly have gone in. This is different. I can tell I am CNS fatigued and feel any workout would be more detrimental.

I do agree if youre tired in general, a light workout can be very good for the body.

Sleep and Nutrition are two areas where I have focused a lot on and active recovery too, like icing and massages.

I do also agree that Rest can be like a wonder drug for the next workout, you come back reinvigorated.

Very irritated. Third consecutive night of poor sleep and mentally I just cant go the gym today, feeling way too light hearted and dizzy.

More frustrating as the body is physically fine and its chest day too, although Pull Days are the easiest and most enjoyable.

The worst aspect is that I had even planned everything meticulously last night to sleep well, but I left the heating on too high and cooked myself overnight with a bad migraine.

If this was Day 1 or 2, of poor sleep I would have gone in as I often do, just think its too risky to hit the gym with 3 nights of very very poor sleep.
I go through bouts where i have really poor sleep and am up most of the night, after a few days it really affects you. im in the middle of one as well - went to the gym this morning before work and definitely was not a great session.
not sure what to do about it tbh - i have tried every sleep thing you can think of and nothing works

I go through bouts where i have really poor sleep and am up most of the night, after a few days it really affects you. im in the middle of one as well - went to the gym this morning before work and definitely was not a great session.
not sure what to do about it tbh - i have tried every sleep thing you can think of and nothing works
Agree.

I can push through one to two days in a row of no to little sleep. Its easy for me to do in fact, as I have a routine/system that I do before, during and after every workout so I can workout on cruise control if I am genuinely too tired.

On the third night, its a bit like a zombie state. The bigger fear is also risk of injury.

I do take sleep meds which work usually when I take them correctly. But its not perfect.

You and EasternTiger need help... fans are great at the gym
ET and i dont agree on alot but i prefer no fans in the gym.

AC would drive me nuts, i can live with fans especially if its just grossly humid and hot (my old gym in Sydney had the old school ceiling fans) and it was fine but AC can GAGF. If im working i wanna feel the sweat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ET and i dont agree on alot but i prefer no fans in the gym.

AC would drive me nuts, i can live with fans especially if its just grossly humid and hot (my old gym in Sydney had the old school ceiling fans) and it was fine but AC can GAGF. If im working i wanna feel the sweat.
Update on gym refund???

Id rather not feel like im about to drop dead of heat exhaustion tbh..
Fair. I wouldnt turn fans off and ive honestly never been in a gym hot enough to have anyone struggle with heat stroke/exhaustion. Place in Sydney got pretty warm but they had no AC. I actually find it hard to really get into a proper hard session if its cold and most people go stupid with the AC.
Update on gym refund???
VCAT hearing Friday. One way or another it will be finalised. Honestly from reading the responses from the gym and my case presented i really dont think they have a leg to stand on but i am told VCAT is an absolute chook lotto with outcomes.

Fair. I wouldnt turn fans off and ive honestly never been in a gym hot enough to have anyone struggle with heat stroke/exhaustion. Place in Sydney got pretty warm but they had no AC. I actually find it hard to really get into a proper hard session if its cold and most people go stupid with the AC.

VCAT hearing Friday. One way or another it will be finalised. Honestly from reading the responses from the gym and my case presented i really dont think they have a leg to stand on but i am told VCAT is an absolute chook lotto with outcomes.
Far out they take their friggin time

Far out they take their friggin time
Its ridiculous. Feb/March they tried to do mediation but the gym wouldnt budge at all (i ahve all that correspondence included in my submission).

VCAT outsourced the mediation as they were absolutely swamped with claims from COVID etc.

Im positive that businesses use the delays and hoops to deter people from doing it. If you are claiming you have to pay for the VCAT submission, do an accredited ASIC business search and issue all documents via register post all up about 70 bucks out of pocket and then you get told your hearing will be 6-12 months minimum. Most people wouldnt bother.

Im positive that businesses use the delays and hoops to deter people from doing it. If you are claiming you have to pay for the VCAT submission, do an accredited ASIC business search and issue all documents via register post all up about 70 bucks out of pocket and then you get told your hearing will be 6-12 months minimum. Most people wouldnt bother.
Yep make it hard and most people will give up the money

How much coin are you chasing?

How much coin are you chasing?
$406...

It honestly has not been worth the time and effort and even if i win its likely they will either dilute the payment (not cover the lodgement etc) or the gym will just not pay. I made the decision when i pursued it that id stick with it, i have the means to do so and its more about the principle than the outcome now.

$406...

It honestly has not been worth the time and effort and even if i win its likely they will either dilute the payment (not cover the lodgement etc) or the gym will just not pay. I made the decision when i pursued it that id stick with it, i have the means to do so and its more about the principle than the outcome now.
A Costanza would do something like go back and run off out the door with $406 worth of dumbbells.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back