Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive seen girls pressing the bar with their feet, like a bench press. :drunk:
That's probably a vertical leg press alternative

Can do calves too, alot of home gym/PT studio smith machine racks have foot plate accessories for those exercises

Hopefully they use the safeties though

That's probably a vertical leg press alternative

Can do calves too, alot of home gym/PT studio smith machine racks have foot plate accessories for those exercises

Hopefully they use the safeties though
Its hard to describe what they are doing but a few girls place their back on the ground and push the bar up with their feet.

I struggle to understand why they would do this as oppose to other exercises which is a lot safer.

Its hard to describe what they are doing but a few girls place their back on the ground and push the bar up with their feet.

I struggle to understand why they would do this as oppose to other exercises which is a lot safer.
Yeah definitely vertical leg press they're trying to achieve

They are ok if you have safeties set up, no safeties or spotters then you're just asking for trouble

Maybe they're old school?

R.faca7639aa745372d6eb942dcdbe288b

:thumbsu:

If you use collars on the bench press and there is no safety bars in place, youre asking for trouble.

Was National Chest Day for me too, ironically I hit failure as well, but fortunately I had adjusted the safety bars for such a scenario.

A bit awkward getting out, but better to get out completely uninjured than the opposite. No ego bruised either, gym was empty in that area. :$

Good to know! I was gonna ask if it is also ok to use safety arms, but you answered it for me!

Shits me that as soon as I signed up for a program which me allows full access to the gym + pool, first I do my back somehow and is painful just to walk, cant use it. And now I'm sick, can walk but sick, so can't use it. :mad:

That sucks - you may be able to provide a medical certificate and they will at least put a pause on charging you while you are injured.

It still sucks, but at least you aren’t paying money for something you can’t use.

That sucks - you may be able to provide a medical certificate and they will at least put a pause on charging you while you are injured.

It still sucks, but at least you aren’t paying money for something you can’t use.
Nah its paid for upfront, $49, no use.

12 days and still no live body seen in the squat rack.
My old gym I started out at was like that for years from like 2004-08, then my last couple years there only a handful used it occasionally

Always a quality option on Mondays to bench out of if all the Olympic benches were being used by the brahs

Definitely noticing a big difference in culture/attitude from the strength training types to regular gym bros in my first 4 or so weeks since I returned to this particular gym, seeing I split my training between the 2 areas on a fairly even split.

Powerlifting/weightlifting/strength types are more likely to spot you and generally be more approachable/look out for you, also will generally have better gym etiquette, the gym bros a bit hit or miss, some are a bit aloof, the older bros probably better to approach, but overall far better than previous gyms.

Definitely noticing a big difference in culture/attitude from the strength training types to regular gym bros in my first 4 or so weeks since I returned to this particular gym, seeing I split my training between the 2 areas on a fairly even split.

Powerlifting/weightlifting/strength types are more likely to spot you and generally be more approachable/look out for you, also will generally have better gym etiquette, the gym bros a bit hit or miss, some are a bit aloof, the older bros probably better to approach, but overall far better than previous gyms.

Do they all sing when will I be famous?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My old gym I started out at was like that for years from like 2004-08, then my last couple years there only a handful used it occasionally

Always a quality option on Mondays to bench out of if all the Olympic benches were being used by the brahs
I love benching, I know its not the best exercise for pecs, but I enjoy the challenge and most importantly because I do, it motivates me in all other exercises in order to increase my bench.

Next favourite is OHP.

Nah its paid for upfront, $49, no use.
You should still explore the possibility if they can postpone your expiry date as you have a medical certificate. Im sorry to hear about your back, I hope its on the improve.

I love benching, I know its not the best exercise for pecs, but I enjoy the challenge and most importantly because I do, it motivates me in all other exercises in order to increase my bench.

Next favourite is OHP.
Yeah I'm a big OHP fan too really humbling exercise, that's my main lift tonight, will close grip bench afterwards, huge discrepancy between those numbers, only doing 50kg in 6-8 rep range for OHPs, trying desperately to get to 60kg (yanks 135lbs) by end of year, yet I'll pump out sets of 8-10 some nights close grip bench at 100kg

Tried out some dumbbell renegade rows today, gets the heart rate up.
Nice exercise
Apart from a few early on with extra weight I haven't done many at the gym because it's something easy to do at home but that's a favourite as well.
I can't really do them at home without hang cleaning them up which I ain't too clean on doing regularly

What's the etiquette for when someone is using cable machine and supersetting elsewhere? While they're off doing other stuff, is it acceptable to jump in and do you set of cable exercises then just out it back to his weight when finished?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back