Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Only really seen one flogish thing so far, don't ask me what he was doing but going in I walked past a bloke with 4 sets of dumbbells out sitting on a bench. When I went back out the front to use them use them after he had gone every single one was put back randomly out of order.

Only really seen one flogish thing so far, don't ask me what he was doing but going in I walked past a bloke with 4 sets of dumbbells out sitting on a bench. When I went back out the front to use them use them after he had gone every single one was put back randomly out of order.
Yep definitely dickery that

I did a set the other night and put the dumbbells away (everything out of order), but probably in the saddles another guy was using, I eventually twigged and said sorry bro he just shrugged don't worry about it and walked down the rack

I eventually did the rest of my dumbbell work out in the back room though once it had cleared out...

Absolute pet hate. I’d rather they didn’t put them away at all tbh

Got the gym at 7am, it was really cold, wet, windy outside in Adelaide.

7.30am PT comes in to work with a client, turns the AC on to 16 degrees.:oops:

15 minutes later I changed it to 20 degrees, I would have turned it off, but I respected that she wanted it on.

5 minutes later she changes it to 16.

Sure you could argue if they were having a strenuous workout, you could understand. Nope, cracking jokes, laughing, watching youtube videos between sets with a newbie.

I actually started laughing on the inside, thinking at least I have a post for this thread today.:D

FFS even if I wasnt using the dumbbells this shits me off. It has a rippling effect, contrary to what some may believe.

It encourages some potentially that this is acceptable behavior and also may result in someone changing their workout plan thereby potentially effecting others in the gym. PT's tend to do a lot of crap like this all the time.

Admittedly I do sometimes take two sets, but Im always open to share and have done so in the past if I think someone needs them. Of late too, if I think someone needs to use a piece of equipment/squat rack Im using, I will actually tell them even if they dont ask if I have like only a set remaining. I would also be open to sharing a squat rack/bench press. Mind you it helps if the person your doing it with is in the same ball park as you in terms of lifting.

I think I have mellowed out a lot now in the gym. lol. :D Maybe they broke me down over time. :$

Come to think of it, it was the post about some guy in here have "blind white rage" in regards to someone either disturbing him or taking a dumbbell set from him. Some of you guys were calling him out. I never had this mind you, but its made me always be a lot more conscious.

FFS even if I wasnt using the dumbbells this shits me off. It has a rippling effect, contrary to what some may believe.

It encourages some potentially that this is acceptable behavior and also may result in someone changing their workout plan thereby potentially effecting others in the gym. PT's tend to do a lot of crap like this all the time.

Admittedly I do sometimes take two sets, but Im always open to share and have done so in the past if I think someone needs them. Of late too, if I think someone needs to use a piece of equipment/squat rack Im using, I will actually tell them even if they dont ask if I have like only a set remaining. I would also be open to sharing a squat rack/bench press. Mind you it helps if the person your doing it with is in the same ball park as you in terms of lifting.

I think I have mellowed out a lot now in the gym. lol. :D Maybe they broke me down over time. :$

Come to think of it, it was the post about some guy in here have "blind white rage" in regards to someone either disturbing him or taking a dumbbell set from him. Some of you guys were calling him out. I never had this mind you, but its made me always be a lot more conscious.
Not sure if was the same fella but this guy this morning went one better. Took about 4 or 5 sets of dumbbells off the rack and put them all around the gym, then proceeded to do 1 set per piece of equipment before moving to the next one. Umm you can see that I'm already using a set of dumbbells, you don't think I will want to use a different one or a bench in a minute? Or the other young bloke that came in 10 minutes later? I'm pretty easy going and just did some pull and chin ups before returning later but just seems rude and unnecessary.

Oh and not randomly but he put them back in reverse order lol.

Not sure if was the same fella but this guy this morning went one better. Took about 4 or 5 sets of dumbbells off the rack and put them all around the gym, then proceeded to do 1 set per piece of equipment before moving to the next one. Umm you can see that I'm already using a set of dumbbells, you don't think I will want to use a different one or a bench in a minute? Or the other young bloke that came in 10 minutes later? I'm pretty easy going and just did some pull and chin ups before returning later but just seems rude and unnecessary.

Oh and not randomly but he put them back in reverse order lol.

Thats just pure gym f**kery right there.

I find getting in earlier in the morning, is one way to negate this, as obviously less f**kwits around to do this shit, so just based on probability its less likely to happen.

In fact the morning crew is pretty good and had no issues with anyone there. Even if they are using a machine that you want to use, you know its a finite time like 10mins max, so you work around that.

Its the PT that are the ones causing issues, but they are a lot easier to manage if you get there on time. By that I mean before she is there. This one PT, has no problem whatsoever in using chest cables for two hours straight. By that I mean she will arrange a circuit inside the chest cable area. :drunk:

15 minutes later I changed it to 20 degrees, I would have turned it off, but I respected that she wanted it on.

Sure you could argue if they were having a strenuous workout, you could understand. Nope, cracking jokes, laughing, watching youtube videos between sets with a newbie.

I actually started laughing on the inside, thinking at least I have a post for this thread today.:D
What did I tell ya the other day

Grotto, get a new gym

Since I came back from my back problem with a change of mindset (2016) I've changed gym 4 times trying to find the right fit

2016 had 3 places including Jetts and Derrmiut (1 with a pool), dropped Jetts and moved to Derrimut when it opened
2018 dropped the one with the pool as their reno sucked
2020 dropped Derrimut after lockdowns late in the year, trained at home for 18 months
Dropped Genesis after 5 months this year due to outgrowing the joint (no problems training there, just felt I needed an upgrade, did help me recognise what I needed for my home gym though)
Now at the old place I was at in 2010-11/14 where I hope to be a long-term stay

Last edited:
What did I tell ya the other day

Grotto, get a new gym

Since I came back from my back problem with a change of mindset (2016) I've changed gym 4 times trying to find the right fit

2016 had 3 places including Jetts and Derrmiut (1 with a pool), dropped Jetts and moved to Derrimut when it opened
2018 dropped the one with the pool as their reno sucked
2020 dropped Derrimut after lockdowns late in the year, trained at home for 18 months
Dropped Genesis after 5 months this year due to outgrowing the joint (no problems training there, just felt I needed an upgrade, did help me recognise what I needed for my home gym though)
Now at the old place I was at in 2010-11/14 where I hope to be a long-term stay
Yeah, so pretty happy where I currently am having pretty much used everything locally over the years aside from Anytime I think which wouldn't be much different to Jetts

Good range of equipment here and it allows for multiple training styles having a few different dedicated rooms, I reckon they took some inspiration from Dohertys and implemented their own twist (Dohertys is Melbourne's body-building mecca, but they only have boxing aside from body-building stuff)

Only seen 1 PT in my month here

TRIGGER WARNING please mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was that cold even set down to 16 the condenser on the A/C may have barely if at all even kicked in, you were both probably fiddling with a setting not even really doing anything lol.

This has got to be the coldest weather I can ever remember for this time of year, I even broke open a brand new pair track pants for today that I'd had sitting in the closet for 18 months because my other 2 were dirty.

This has got to be the coldest weather I can ever remember for this time of year, I even broke open a brand new pair track pants for today that I'd had sitting in the closet for 18 months because my other 2 were dirty.
Yeah definitely had many a warmer September than this October just gone

We had a 3-4 day patch like 2 weeks ago where we had a few 22-25 degree days amongst the rain, otherwise if not it'd be like bloody August

Where the "dont sweat in the gym" guy need his thoughts on this.
Gotta say the humidity at my current gym is off charts, basically every Wednesday I'm absolutely drenched after deadlifting, trained shoulders and triceps on Thursday, but mainly triceps, changed shirt two thirds through my workout, just gunna leave a spare shirt in my bag now, particularly for my 75+ minute workouts

Yeah Kram my deadlift days on Wednesday is quite large, easily the biggest training day of the week for me

Sumo deadlifts
Maybe RDLs
Maybe kettlebell squats/swings/cleans
Then a heap of leg machine work (curls/extensions etc)
Then some upper back work to finish it off, like seal rows, dumbbell rows etc, might do some farmer carries eventually

I used to have a rivalry with this one PT over an old school grill heater that was setup behind the rowing machine, I'd turn it off because it was the worst feeling in the world having radiant heat at your back punching out hard splits. Then she would sneak up behind me and turn it back one whilst I was working out.

Meanwhile her stupid arse was prancing around the gym in winter in booty shorts and a singlet complaining about the cold. No problems with that outfit if you're actually working out but Jesus Christ, learn to dress to the conditions lady.

Gotta say the humidity at my current gym is off charts, basically every Wednesday I'm absolutely drenched after deadlifting, trained shoulders and triceps on Thursday, but mainly triceps, changed shirt two thirds through my workout, just gunna leave a spare shirt in my bag now, particularly for my 75+ minute workouts

did ya change in the middle of the gym?

speaking of which, whats the go with shirtless people working out???

did ya change in the middle of the gym?

speaking of which, whats the go with shirtless people working out???
Nah, too fat still for that

I did have a ridiculous upper body pump going on though, but the guts will continue to let me down until they're gone, particularly the layer of fat under my belly button that stretches across to my hips, that and the love handles 🙁

Went to the unisex shower room to change, boy it was quite spacious in there, I do wonder if certain activities have been performed in there over the years

Went to the unisex shower room to change, boy it was quite spacious in there, I do wonder if certain activities have been performed in there over the years

A few years back there was MILF in her early 40s that just went through a divorce.

Was well known she had long showers with the jacked guys all in their early 20s.

Kinda felt sad for her and her family, as her daughters would be sitting in the restaurant area having a meal by themselves.

A few years back there was MILF in her early 40s that just went through a divorce.

Was well known she had long showers with the jacked guys all in their early 20s.

Kinda felt sad for her and her family, as her daughters would be sitting in the restaurant area having a meal by themselves.
I totally understand some parents have to take their kids along to stuff like that but god it must suck for the kids.

I take my son swimming on a Saturday and there’s a family that attends, the girl and her mum swimming and the two other daughters/sisters who are clearly too young to be home on their own but they just have to sit on the side of the pool for 30 minutes. They must be bored shitless.

I totally understand some parents have to take their kids along to stuff like that but god it must suck for the kids.

I take my son swimming on a Saturday and there’s a family that attends, the girl and her mum swimming and the two other daughters/sisters who are clearly too young to be home on their own but they just have to sit on the side of the pool for 30 minutes. They must be bored shitless.
These girls were about 14 I think and they would sometimes train in the gym.

As I mentioned before, its just a lack of class by their mother for her to get up to that stuff at the gym and for it to be well known too.

Now in fairness there is a Platinum Membership, where you get basically your own private bathroom (there is about 10 of them) and its right next to the sauna and spa area.

some might say, she was having a meal as well

What they have to sit and wait amusing themselves for a whole 30 minutes? OMG!

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back