Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

A guy talks to me at the gym today, at the 2min mark not only am I bored shitless with his conversation nor do I care, but I want to do another set and not cool down, so I proceed to begin it.

He still continues to talk to me while Im doing curls. FFS.

Sure the guy has a screw loose, but does he not understand common sense?

A guy talks to me at the gym today, at the 2min mark not only am I bored shitless with his conversation nor do I care, but I want to do another set and not cool down, so I proceed to begin it.

He still continues to talk to me while Im doing curls. FFS.

Sure the guy has a screw loose, but does he not understand common sense?

Should have randomly began doing your manic screaming grunts.

That may have dropped him a strong hint to rack off. :tearsofjoy:

Should have randomly began doing your manic screaming grunts.

That may have dropped him a strong hint to rack off. :tearsofjoy:
lol.

I thought when I started a set, he would stop talking or do a set himself. Nope. He needed to tell me a story that I didnt want to know or care.

The guy is absolutely 'roided to the hilt. Ripped and built like a truck.

However, shocking acne on his back, disgusting BO which is exacerbated by his chronic sweating, balding (nothing wrong with being bald, but he has a horrible comb over) and has a slightly disturbed mental disposition.

Ive seen girls, literally leave the area deliberately when he is around to avoid anything to do with him. Ive also seen a few put a top on too.

I dont get how a person can be so unaware of his impact.

lol.

I thought when I started a set, he would stop talking or do a set himself. Nope. He needed to tell me a story that I didnt want to know or care.

The guy is absolutely 'roided to the hilt. Ripped and built like a truck.

However, shocking acne on his back, disgusting BO which is exacerbated by his chronic sweating, balding (nothing wrong with being bald, but he has a horrible comb over) and has a slightly disturbed mental disposition.

Ive seen girls, literally leave the area deliberately when he is around to avoid anything to do with him. Ive also seen a few put a top on too.

I dont get how a person can be so unaware of his impact.
Not that you should have to do it, but possibly put in headphones if he's around???*

*a slightly drunk port adelaide fan tried to chat to me walking back from the MCG once when I had headphones in.
Never. Interrupt ppl who have headphones in, unless 9/11 is happening or something similar. I could have ****ing smashed his face in.

#irritatingwalksfromtheg

Not that you should have to do it, but possibly put in headphones if he's around???*

*a slightly drunk port adelaide fan tried to chat to me walking back from the MCG once when I had headphones in.
Never. Interrupt ppl who have headphones in, unless 9/11 is happening or something similar. I could have ******* smashed his face in.

#irritatingwalksfromtheg
I have big arse Beat headphones.

The mistake I made was I lifted one side off my ear to say hello to him.

People work out for various reasons be it physical or mental. But if someone is very much into their workouts with focus, I wont ever approach to talk to them. Mind you I dont talk to many at the gym.

I have big arse Beat headphones.

The mistake I made was I lifted one side off my ear to say hello to him.

People work out for various reasons be it physical or mental. But if someone is very much into their workouts with focus, I wont ever approach to talk to them. Mind you I dont talk to many at the gym.

Yeah that's definitely where you went wrong. Next time do the polite nod, or half wave but leave the headphones where they are.

give 'em the old "how's the water today?" :p

He is also an anti vaxxer.

I literally avoided him after our conversation yesterday when he told me this. I probably wont ever speak to him again, but just a head nod.

I accept and respect everyone at the gym, but this guy is on another level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There must be one in every gym. Mine talks regularly about how much he used to lift when he was in his 20s. And same, talks through my set sometimes even if I'm not responding to him.
I very rarely initiate any talk but I don't mind and friendly enough to anyone that does.

That's only out here though, nobody says anything in the city.

Im not against talking or being pleasant etc, but FFS its a gym, keep the chat simple and down to a minute between sets. Also keep it relevant to weight training, no one really genuinely cares about anything else.

I could not give a flying f**k about your life, if your not a friend.

Ive heard some guys at the gym tell life stories, that begins with "A long time ago, in galaxy far far away......."

I find it enjoyable if the right person is next to me to chat to. I go pretty much the same time each week, so I know which ones I gel with.

No one is never really "next to me" tbh.

Lat pull down- is kinda on its own. Assisted chin ups is in the corner. etc

I find it enjoyable if the right person is next to me to chat to. I go pretty much the same time each week, so I know which ones I gel with.

I wont talk to any guy that is doing gym f**kery. Where the gym is a social outlet and they dont give a flying f**k about training. Thats my only caveat.

No one is never really "next to me" tbh.

Lat pull down- is kinda on its own. Assisted chin ups is in the corner. etc

Some exercises I think tend to lead towards more likely to talk/conversation than others.

Heavy compound lifts where you need long breaks, is easier to exchange greetings.

Isolated movements with short rest periods, less so.

You know what I'd be up for. Like social meet ups post workout, eg. for a coffee or whatnot.

I'd be more into something like that, than chatting to randoms while I'm working out.
One gym I go to, has an actual legit restaurant section so you tend to socialize and chat there.

The funny aspect of it, is you get to see in plain view those that are training hard and follow a strict nutrition compared to those that exercise regularly but are overweight and indulge in poor eating habits and then wonder why they dont lose weight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back