Is Andrew Lovett worth a late 1st rounder?

Remove this Banner Ad

From personal experience, I know that Lovett is a very, very ordinary bloke, but IMO he wouldn't be a bad fit for what we need at Hawthorn. At his best, he is exactly what we need, a speedy outside mid with nice skills, problem is those attributes are counter-balanced by other not-so-positive characteristcs. He goes missing, and obviously has workrate and discpline issues. His age is not ideal, but given where our list is placed ATM, that is not the end of the world. If I was in charge on the Hawks recruiting, it propbably wouldn't get down. I love watching him play (at his best) and think he would be worth pick 25-ish, but factoring in all the abovementioned concerns, i would probably be reluctant to give that up for him. Alot depends on our other trade movements, I'd much prefer to use that on acquiring a KPD. If all those possibilities fell through though, maybe...

From personal experience, I know that Lovett is a very, very ordinary bloke, but IMO he wouldn't be a bad fit for what we need at Hawthorn. At his best, he is exactly what we need, a speedy outside mid with nice skills, problem is those attributes are counter-balanced by other not-so-positive characteristcs. He goes missing, and obviously has workrate and discpline issues. His age is not ideal, but given where our list is placed ATM, that is not the end of the world. If I was in charge on the Hawks recruiting, it propbably wouldn't get down. I love watching him play (at his best) and think he would be worth pick 25-ish, but factoring in all the abovementioned concerns, i would probably be reluctant to give that up for him. Alot depends on our other trade movements, I'd much prefer to use that on acquiring a KPD. If all those possibilities fell through though, maybe...
So you wouldn't give up a first-rounder for him?

Are you sure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Andrew Lovett worth a late 1st rounder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back