Is anyone on this forum a serious contender to win DT?

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of advice for next year - don't try and be too smart. Just stick with the obvious and you should do well. Get GAJ or Swan as your every week captain, get a few underpriced guys who were injured this year (not more than 2 preferably not in the mids), take the rookies that everyone else is going with and save a little bit of money on underpriced premiums who are coming off good preseasons and look likely to bounce back. Not exciting but effective.

I had a couple of top 100 finishes when I started out when I didn't know all that much and relied a lot of what I read on here. Then I started believing my own hype and in effect tried to show how smart I was taking risks on uniques which virtually never worked out. In those two years I finished around the 5000 mark.

At the beginning of last year I adopted a KISS approach and just went with the obvious selections to start the year with maybe one breakout candidate in the forwards or backs who I was sure was undervalued. I haven't quite managed to get back to the top 100 but I was in the 600s last year and in the 300s this year so not going too badly.

A bit of advice for next year - don't try and be too smart. Just stick with the obvious and you should do well. Get GAJ or Swan as your every week captain, get a few underpriced guys who were injured this year (not more than 2 preferably not in the mids), take the rookies that everyone else is going with and save a little bit of money on underpriced premiums who are coming off good preseasons and look likely to bounce back. Not exciting but effective.

I had a couple of top 100 finishes when I started out when I didn't know all that much and relied a lot of what I read on here. Then I started believing my own hype and in effect tried to show how smart I was taking risks on uniques which virtually never worked out. In those two years I finished around the 5000 mark.

At the beginning of last year I adopted a KISS approach and just went with the obvious selections to start the year with maybe one breakout candidate in the forwards or backs who I was sure was undervalued. I haven't quite managed to get back to the top 100 but I was in the 600s last year and in the 300s this year so not going too badly.

This!!
Exactly what i done this year and im coming 87th. just takes a bit of research at the start of the year

Couldn't agree more, those that try to go unique every year because no one else has the player (or everyone has the player so they avoid him) are just about always the ones that shoot themselves in the foot.

This year I didn't think Swan or Ablett were must haves to start with, they both dropped quite a bit if cash, yet what I didn't predict was the next tier of midfielders down from them all dropping by a similar average, so whilst those that went with Swan/Ablett lost cash, they still had premium scores whereas those such as myself that went for guys like Cotchin, Danger, Deldio, Mundy etc got the boarderline premium midfielders which puts you in a terrible position.

After a year of 2 trades a week, it will be interesting to see how it possibly changes my approach to the season, I'm not sure there's that much to it (compared to a capped amount where you've got to think things through a little more) but I haven't given it much thought at this stage.

I've found it a lot harder to make up ground this year. Coming off two top 1000 finishes, I'm only 3.4k atm, and that's despite three big 2300 scores in a row (which has only made me about 2k in rankings).

I just completely stuffed up with a couple of mids early on (Cotchin and Danger), then wasted too many trades filling short term holes. Picking Jacobs in the ruck, and only being able to offload this week probably hasn't helped my cause either.

As for who is a contender this year, well the highest ranked team in the BF DT group is a team called Jimmy's Neutrons. Not sure what his BF name is but he is ranked 21st.

Fox7

not a big poster

interestingly ranked 47k last year

I think you need 1-3 of these to have a chance of taking out the prize. If you nail those you will be hard to stop or, at the very least, put yourself into a position to have a crack at the overall. The critical thing is these players starting well giving you greater bang for your buck and pushing your nose ahead of the general market.

If you don't take a punt on a few of these players you will always be a a top 1,000 player without really giving yourself a shot at winning the prize.

1,024th - no where near it. Too far back for even a tilt at the Top 500 me thinks. Just aiming for a ranking with 3 digits in it now.

199th...was having a good run then injuries killed me. It's just injury luck in top ~500
Although I may be biased...
2008 - 416th, 2009 - 91st, 2010 - 423rd, 2011 - 412th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone on this forum a serious contender to win DT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back