Is Buckley A Good Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The senior coach is an important club figure and a legitimate topic of discussion. It's fair to do so and everyone has a right to express their view.

The mod team observed that the thread was dominated by a few protagonists and their points were repeated i.e. 8 years of regression vs marked improvement in 17,18 etc Pretty much everyone with a strong opinion has already expressed it here.

What further degraded discussion was the simplistic "sack FIGJAM" or "he's a legend" type posts.

This thread will remain open. If your view has slightly shifted or you have new thoughts please share. In an effort to encourage quality discussion repetitive statements and circular arguments will from now on be deleted as will silly posts suggesting that we sack a coach on match-day.

FYI Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:

No it isnt.
He's put himself above Club.
He should resign at the presser.
He’s never put himself above the club. Keep making stuff up Doc, you do it well.

He’s never put himself above the club. Keep making stuff up Doc, you do it well.

He has never put the club above himself either.....
He came out and said he wants to coach next season...it was reminiscent of the game Malthouse played when he went on live TV on the footy show in 2011 and said, "i dont know if i want to stop coaching", despite signing a contract to depart.

Nathan is riding the media wave who arent putting any pressure on him.
It's a sad yet brilliant tactic played by one man who knows the club dont have the balls to sack him.

He has never put the club above himself either.....
He came out and said he wants to coach next season...it was reminiscent of the game Malthouse played when he went on live TV on the footy show in 2011 and said, "i dont know if i want to stop coaching", despite signing a contract to depart.

Nathan is riding the media wave who arent putting any pressure on him.
It's a sad yet brilliant tactic played by one man who knows the club dont have the balls to sack him.
More untruths.
I accept that Buckley’s time as coach is over. It’s the truly base “supporter” who sinks the boots in and refuses to recognise his dedication to Collingwood.

By continuing with Moore forward and not tagging a dominant midfielder you’d have to say he’s not a good match day coach.

He’s no different to Malthouse who would stubbornly refuse to makes moves until it’s too late. Such as Tom Hawkins in 2011 GF.

It’s like his ego couldn’t admit what he planned wasn’t working out, by making a move it’s an admission you got something wrong, which he couldn’t do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm consistent in saying 16 should have been his last year, with the out the back congaline goals being close to the most abysmal coaching in league history.

Some will say if he is sacked then 18 doesn't happen, but I say firstly we lost and maybe Longmuir is coaching us now instead of saving Buckley's arse for a while and we may have already flagged and have an actual system.

More untruths.
I accept that Buckley’s time as coach is over. It’s the truly base “supporter” who sinks the boots in and refuses to recognize his dedication to Collingwood.

His problem is he is too loyal, it has led to him making bad decisions for himself such as:

1. Agreeing to the succession plan, he was on a hiding to nothing.

2. What he said about Trelaor, he was backing the official club line, I have no doubt he did not believe it, FFS, treloar came to the club purely because of Bucks, they were close but he did what the club wanted and adopted the official club propaganda.

So I agree with you, I do not question his loyalty or love for the Pies, but I do question is ability to make good decisions for himself. Its very sad but its simply time. I am far more pissed of with McGuire, most of this is his doing.

More untruths.
I accept that Buckley’s time as coach is over. It’s the truly base “supporter” who sinks the boots in and refuses to recognise his dedication to Collingwood.

You're the only fan boy who thinks like this.
This club has danced the Nathan Buckley issue for his entire time here.....he has been handed god like status above all else.

If his name was Don Pyke working here....he would have been gone by 2015.

You're the only fan boy who thinks like this.
This club has danced the Nathan Buckley issue for his entire time here.....he has been handed god like status above all else.

If his name was Don Pyke working here....he would have been gone by 2015.
Fan Boy! Man I love this shit, so awesome.

Fan Boy! Man I love this sh*t, so awesome.

I bet you do love this shit....
Your love for Nathan Buckley is unwavering.
You are loyal even to the death.. so i can tip my hat off to you for being consistent.

Unfortunately you misread the sign that the organisation is called Collingwood FC not Nathan Buckley FC

I bet you do love this sh*t....
Your love for Nathan Buckley is unwavering.
You are loyal even to the death.. so i can tip my hat off to you for being consistent.

Unfortunately you misread the sign that the organisation is called Collingwood FC not Nathan Buckley FC
I thought it read Holden Centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back