Is Buckley A Good Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The senior coach is an important club figure and a legitimate topic of discussion. It's fair to do so and everyone has a right to express their view.

The mod team observed that the thread was dominated by a few protagonists and their points were repeated i.e. 8 years of regression vs marked improvement in 17,18 etc Pretty much everyone with a strong opinion has already expressed it here.

What further degraded discussion was the simplistic "sack FIGJAM" or "he's a legend" type posts.

This thread will remain open. If your view has slightly shifted or you have new thoughts please share. In an effort to encourage quality discussion repetitive statements and circular arguments will from now on be deleted as will silly posts suggesting that we sack a coach on match-day.

FYI Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:
100% Agree.

Do you give Bucks credit for that successful patch? If so why hasn’t he been able to work that magic more consistently over the last decade as coach?

If not then who gets the credit? What was the magic ingredient behind 2018. Players? Assistants?

I’m no expert but this sh*t effects my quality of life ffs. It’s a head fu**! Wtf has been going on at the Pies?
Q - what's going on at Pies
A- years of incompetence from all layers of the club

I don't feel pulled into line by you at all- you attach way too much importance to your own posts - way more than others - you're just another poster- not the head poster/master/ prefect/ sergeant at arms/ commander in chief etc- what makes you think you can pull someone 'into line"? - hilarious really

OMG - you are so defensive mate.
You know exactly what I meant, and your over reaction and hypersensitivity is completely unnecessary.

Personally.. this love of Buckley stems from the feeling of 'how can this be true.. it can't be true our Nathan Buckley can't coach'.. if it was Shane O'bree in the box re.. he wouldn't have even 1% support on here..
ANY other person would have been sacked long ago - he's played on his name for years. Its disgusting.

Under Malthouse.. we were scoring that freely.. you'd look at the list of goal scorers at the end of the game.. it was longer than the Burke and Wills treck across the Nullarbor or whatever re.. there was multiple goals coming from mids.. forwards.. and at times defenders.. now we've got Cameron De Goey and Mihocek kicking 1 soda pop between em under Buckley..

But hey.. who cares right..

You've got to be kidding me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under Malthouse.. we were scoring that freely.. you'd look at the list of goal scorers at the end of the game.. it was longer than the Burke and Wills treck across the Nullarbor or whatever re.. there was multiple goals coming from mids.. forwards.. and at times defenders.. now we've got Cameron De Goey and Mihocek kicking 1 soda pop between em under Buckley..

Scoring is overrated

Please stop this nonsense that someone is accountable.

Yeh yeh - you’re a Newbie so I’ll cut you some slack and move on.
Not as new as you might think- anyway - goodnight now- I'm too busy for your rubbish and please spare me your amateur psychology- it's as laughable as your posts

Scoring is overrated

Apparently.. moving the ball sideways isn't.. gives you time to go and get yourself a ****en latte re.. and they're still trying to moveuvre the pill left and right in the same play.. until the Great Jonathon Noble turns it over kicking sideways yet again.. even the opposition is filing their nails waiting for us to move it forward so they can get a hold of it and move it forward because they've had 5 minutes to set up nicely..

Apparently.. moving the ball sideways isn't.. gives you time to go and get yourself a fu**en latte re.. and they're still trying to moveuvre the pill left and right in the same play.. until the Great Jonathon Noble turns it over kicking sideways yet again.. even the opposition is filing their nails waiting for us to move it forward so they can get a hold of it and move it forward because they've had 5 minutes to set up nicely..
Could be a new dance move in the Oakleigh Mall - ....the lateral trance dance :)

All attacking instinct has been coached out of the players. One example, Sidebum gets it in the center, McCleery running back clear in the f 50, he goes sideways. That is not player driven its been coached into them, and that was just one of many examples today.

And once again, they get the jump on the opposition, the opposition react to counter and Buckely just lets them and makes no counter moves.

I am sick to death of watching this shit and based on the crowd today, many pies fans feel the same way.

All attacking instinct has been coached out of the players. One example, Sidebum gets it in the center, McCleery running back clear in the f 50, he goes sideways. That is not player driven its been coached into them, and that was just one of many examples today.

And once again, they get the jump on the opposition, the opposition react to counter and Buckely just lets them and makes no counter moves.

I am sick to death of watching this sh*t and based on the crowd today, many pies fans feel the same way.
How many games have we been ahead at quarter time. ...and then...NUTTED IN THE COACHES' BOX?

I am sick to death of watching this sh*t and based on the crowd today, many pies fans feel the same way.
You could here the crowd scream during that rebound. We definately don’t make it easy for a forwards. And I’m with you I’m over it same shit week in week out

You could here the crowd scream during that rebound. We definately don’t make it easy for a forwards. And I’m with you I’m over it same sh*t week in week out
Over complicated, over technical sh*t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back