Is Buckley A Good Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The senior coach is an important club figure and a legitimate topic of discussion. It's fair to do so and everyone has a right to express their view.

The mod team observed that the thread was dominated by a few protagonists and their points were repeated i.e. 8 years of regression vs marked improvement in 17,18 etc Pretty much everyone with a strong opinion has already expressed it here.

What further degraded discussion was the simplistic "sack FIGJAM" or "he's a legend" type posts.

This thread will remain open. If your view has slightly shifted or you have new thoughts please share. In an effort to encourage quality discussion repetitive statements and circular arguments will from now on be deleted as will silly posts suggesting that we sack a coach on match-day.

FYI Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:
that 10 point loss has really got you up and about I see Jmac
I’m always up and about on a Saturday night. Got a beef stir fry cooking and a cold IPA.

This is beyond a joke, this is exactly why we don’t kick goals.

Think it was Brown in middle of the ground, totally free, where do you reckon he kicked it? Sideways 20m to Grundy who was surrounded by 3 Geelong players.

View attachment 1140100
Brown wasn’t really demanding the ball though, just kind of jogged forward. He had to lead at Daicos.

The thing that worries me about Buckley, is that there was no one walking around the club in 2018 with a bigger look of surprise on their face than him.

, post: 70283720, member: 98946"]
It’s all coming together nicely. Contract extension coming up and then a flag in the next year or two.
[/QUOTE]
What could possibly be coming together nicely with the most disfunctional game plan of any coach in the comp. Should be told already your NOT getting an extension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing needs to be said. The tragic game plan speaks for itself.
Didn't you get the memo?

First 3 quarters was players rebelling against Buckley's game plan but when all was lost they adhered to it and made a stirring comeback.

Brown wasn’t really demanding the ball though, just kind of jogged forward. He had to lead at Daicos.

He didn’t, he was running across the field into even more open space. It’s clearly a team rule go sideways, don’t go through corridor even when there is someone wide open. Great coaching.

They’ll use stats today as justification that it works. More inside 50s, same number of shots on goal. It was just the bad accuracy..... and the bad style of play.
Sadly they will do exactly that. I remember MM was asked something about coding or stats analysis, he replied “I use my eyes”

Madgen as a forward.... was it supposed to be a tagger/defensive role on Stewart? Whatever the idea was for Madgen’s role up forward it was a failure on all parts.

Madgen as a forward.... was it supposed to be a tagger/defensive role on Stewart? Whatever the idea was for Madgen’s role up forward it was a failure on all parts.
Give Buckley some credit for the list he's assembled or would you like him to play VFL listed players???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back