Is Buckley A Good Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The senior coach is an important club figure and a legitimate topic of discussion. It's fair to do so and everyone has a right to express their view.

The mod team observed that the thread was dominated by a few protagonists and their points were repeated i.e. 8 years of regression vs marked improvement in 17,18 etc Pretty much everyone with a strong opinion has already expressed it here.

What further degraded discussion was the simplistic "sack FIGJAM" or "he's a legend" type posts.

This thread will remain open. If your view has slightly shifted or you have new thoughts please share. In an effort to encourage quality discussion repetitive statements and circular arguments will from now on be deleted as will silly posts suggesting that we sack a coach on match-day.

FYI Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:

I think he's gone too hard on sports science and data has Bucks.. man management skills have taken a back seat to it re.. like if I was Bucks right.. I'd have my office overlooking the car park and training grounds.. arrive at training early.. and if I'm in my office.. I can sit and observe what mood the players were in when they arrived at training.. or who's out there having a kick.. working those extra hrs to get their skills up to scratch or whatever.. this fine attention to detail is what's needed. But he's more fixated on the sports science and data of the game..

I mean when you hear Pendlebury come out and say.. well he is now spending more time in the gym to get to know the lads and that re.. you gotta worry a bit about that re.. yeah you have your demarcation line between being a coach and engaging in a bit of banter and getting to know the lads a lot more.. but it kind of suggests to me that he's never valued man management high enough.

Last edited:
I think he's gone too hard on sports science and data has Bucks.. player management skills have taken a back seat to it re.. like if I was Bucks right.. I'd have my office overlooking the car park and training grounds.. arrive at training early.. and if I'm in my office.. I can sit and observe what mood the players were in when they arrived at training.. or who's out there having a kick.. working those extra hrs to get their skills up to scratch or whatever.. this fine attention to detail is what's needed. But he's more fixated on the sports science and data of the game..

I mean when you hear Pendlebury come out and say.. well he is now spending more time in the gym to get to know the lads and that re.. you gotta worry a bit about that re.. yeah you have your demarcation line between being a coach and engaging in a bit of banter and getting to know the lads a lot more.. but it kind of suggests to me that he's never valued player management high enough.
He's spending more time in the gym for a different reason bud. You seen his new girlfriend?
Midlife crisis has kicked in with Bucks I'm afraid. He'll start growing a pony tail next.

Anyway.. stop pm messaging me those tik toc's of you in your bedroom re. I've had enough.

The next few weeks will be interesting, with member dissatisfaction and upcoming EGM.

Assuming our board didn't orchestrate the corona virus lockdown to avoid an EGM, I wonder if Buck's might end up a scapegoat of pressure on the board.
It certainly won't help him retain his position.

No decision on the coach whichever way that goes should be made until after the inevitable EGM.

I have no desire seeing us again wasting money and providing Buckley with a golden handshake of 2 years salary should a new President and board deem he needs replacing.

Surely paying out Beams and paying part of Treloar's salary for the next 5 years is enough of that rot for this football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to Collingwood - where farce, fu*k ups, 📉, co*k ups, scandals etc are just part of the daily way of life 🧬
Those things are part of everyone’s life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back