Is Gary Rohan the worst finals player of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordan Murdoch is the worst finals player with over 5 games

0 wins 6 losses, 43 touches and 3 goals

I don’t think he was bad in the grand final because 81 points is a team effort. He was clearly doing things around the ground that we weren’t seeing from a screen.

Lol

Even in a GF one way slaughter he couldn’t get the ball

You know why?

Cause he’s simply a very mediocre player.

Just live with it.

Lol

You know why?

Just live with it.
And yet he has still had more touches, goals and premiership medals from finals than anyone in the Essendon side.

I guess that's why you are such a good judge of mediocrity?

He goes missing more often than Wally in Where's Wally. At least he has fine company in Leon Davis.

That’s a very mediocre response

Ya gotta do better than that Ricky
Youre acting like a clown. The premise of the thread is not is rohan a big game player. It's is he the worst finals player of all time. There is more than enough evidence against that statement

You can't be the 'worst finals player of all time' and be the match-winner and coach-declared BOG in one of the highest pressure, tightest finals we've seen in a long time. I get the want to will it into existence, but it's been debunked and replaced with a beautiful story of redemption.

All hail the Ranga King, Sir Gary the clutch.

760c1e1be43b71f60b5c27e898d5207d

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Stringer by a country mile.
Nah, Stringer won four finals and lost 3. The four finals wins were all in a row when he played for the Doggies and they won the 2016 Premiership.

STATS SOURCE: AFL Tables - Jake Stringer - Stats - Statistics

Our Gary's won 12 finals and lost 14.

STATS SOURCE: AFL Tables - Gary Rohan - Stats - Statistics

Geelong has made Rohan a *MUCH better finals player than he was at Sydney, while Stringer has yet to set the world afire as a Bomber after winning that Premiership with the Doggies.

EDIT: Rohan W/L record in finals

Sydney: 6/9
Geelong: 6/5

*changed 'FAR better finals player' to a more accurate 'MUCH better finals player'

Last edited:
Nah, Stringer won four finals and lost 3. The four finals wins were all in a row when he played for the Doggies and they won the 2016 Premiership.

STATS SOURCE: AFL Tables - Jake Stringer - Stats - Statistics

Our Gary's won 12 finals and lost 14.

STATS SOURCE: AFL Tables - Gary Rohan - Stats - Statistics

Geelong has made Rohan a *MUCH better finals player than he was at Sydney, while Stringer has yet to set the world afire as a Bomber after winning that Premiership with the Doggies.

EDIT: Rohan W/L record in finals

Sydney: 6/9
Geelong: 6/5

*changed 'FAR better finals player' to a more accurate 'MUCH better finals player'
Jake only had 12 possessions and 1 goal in that granny.
11 and 0 in the prelim.
His semi was the only decent one he has ever played, with 14 and 3.
10 possessions and 1 goal in the Elim win.

His Essendon performance, as you say, is even more terrible. Rohan has played more but his overall strike rate is better - even in that series he had an 18 and 2 game (against us 😞).

There is no doubt about it, Stringer is a finals dud.

Rohan's been pretty poor overall . . . but . . . Leon Davis??

Last edited:
Who’s worse ?

Aaron Keating, Shannon Motlop, Jake Batchelor, Peter Wright, Jay Neagle, Mathew Capuano, Ben Marsh, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan... Jobe Watson was absolutely useless in finals.

At Geelong, I'd start with guys who were there for several years and weren't quite good enough to be picked for finals unless there was an injury: Shane Kersten, Taylor Hunt, David Johnson.

You're trolling, of course. If you're not, answer me this: since a player's worth on the field can be clearly measure by their disposal count and Dream Team points, why would we have picked Rohan (career disposal average = 10) again and again ahead of Sam Menegola (career disposal average = 22)? Do you think Geelong is expecting (or even wanting) Rohan to get more disposals than Menegola?

Aaron Keating, Shannon Motlop, Jake Batchelor, Peter Wright, Jay Neagle, Mathew Capuano, Ben Marsh, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan... Jobe Watson was absolutely useless in finals.

At Geelong, I'd start with guys who were there for several years and weren't quite good enough to be picked for finals unless there was an injury: Shane Kersten, Taylor Hunt, David Johnson.

You're trolling, of course. If you're not, answer me this: since a player's worth on the field can be clearly measure by their disposal count and Dream Team points, why would we have picked Rohan (career disposal average = 10) again and again ahead of Sam Menegola (career disposal average = 22)? Do you think Geelong is expecting (or even wanting) Rohan to get more disposals than Menegola?

I’m dragging the net of course

Gary is a star

A burning supernova of finals brilliance and worthy of immortal status in the history of GFC

Lol

You know why?

Just live with it.
Mediocre perhaps. But important to a dominant premiership winning team in ways you're too stupid and ignorant to want to appreciate. Mediocre and being a player you don't personally like for things non football related don't make him the worst finals player of all time. Live with that.

He is a role player, a piece of the successful puzzle. Dylan Grimes has career averages of 6 kicks 4 marks and 5 handballs a game, nobody would question his contribution. Rohan is doing just what Geelong want him to, run, chase, be a threat, do your job ... winners are grinners.

Mediocre perhaps. But important to a dominant premiership winning team in ways you're too stupid and ignorant to want to appreciate. Mediocre and being a player you don't personally like for things non football related don't make him the worst finals player of all time. Live with that.

Come on mate ..get with the joke

Gary is ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Gary Rohan the worst finals player of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back