Is Gary Rohan the worst finals player of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

So many cats fans defending Gary with every fibre of their being lol

He’s an ordinary forward. Everyone has one. Even if you win a flag.

It’s no big deal.

What do you want us to say mate?

It’s pointed out countless times. He’s a bit part player and his numbers in finals are f*** all different from his home and away numbers - which is to be expected as home and away averages are compiled exclusively against the best sides

I don’t get what is so hard to grasp about that

It’s pointed out countless times. He’s a bit part player and his numbers in finals are f*** all different from his home and away numbers - which is to be expected as home and away averages are compiled exclusively against the best sides

I think it falls down to jealousy that he hasn’t earned Gary Rohan type money in his life. Jealousy so deep he really believes you could just slot any footballer in Australia into Rohan’s place and you wouldn’t notice a difference.

The MASSIVE mark and goal in the dying minutes of the Qualifying final v Collingwood, was his redeeming feature.

It doesn't matter what he'd previously done, that moment was his and Geelong's defining moment. You only need one. He was great in that game, by the way.

Now he's a premiership player, with more to come. Sucked in to all of us clowns.

It doesn’t wipe the slate clean, but it does mean he isn’t the answer to the thread question anymore.
If Gary’s not by sheer volume of horrible performances, then who is?

I think it falls down to jealousy that he hasn’t earned Gary Rohan type money in his life. Jealousy so deep he really believes you could just slot any footballer in Australia into Rohan’s place and you wouldn’t notice a difference.
Lol

I reckon I’d be close to earning Gary level money

Almost the one month anniversary of Premiership player Gary Rohan being adjudged BOG after dominating the Pies in one of the highest pressure finals in recent times.

cfa3357b491f7b0ab120326b868b1d23

Um wat, he'd be on max 300k? And he's only got a few years left until he needs to find something else, nobody is getting jealous about that kind of money. The second part of your statement makes no sense in relation to jealousy.

Um wat, he'd be on max 300k? And he's only got a few years left until he needs to find something else, nobody is getting jealous about that kind of money. The second part of your statement makes no sense in relation to jealousy.

As someone who has to work two jobs to make ends meet I’m ****ing jealous of him

Hence why he’s one of the worst forward finals players ..ever

Inconsistent Spud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not the one trying to claim that the 20-22nd best player in a team playing like the 20-22nd best player in a team (hint: every team has them) is some sort of loser because he isn’t routinely the best

but the debate in this thread is whether the Grohan is the worst Final player of all time. His body of chokery is astonishing.

but the debate in this thread is whether the Grohan is the worst Final player of all time. His body of chokery is astonishing.

I repeat: how can it be choking when it pretty accurately reflects his normal home and away output

It’s like saying a golfer who finishes midfield in PGA events is a choker because he finishes midfield in majors

I repeat: how can it be choking when it pretty accurately reflects his normal home and away output

It’s like saying a golfer who finishes midfield in PGA events is a choker because he finishes midfield in majors

not true at The Bloods. He was an average player H&A but an appalling one in Finals.

I have thanked the Cats for the trade.

not true at The Bloods. He was an average player H&A but an appalling one in Finals.

Yes it’s done wonders for you. Ryan Clarke has turned you from also rans into a power house in just 10 games a year.

If you exclude 2014:

He had 12 finals for Sydney, and averaged 8 touches and 0.8 goals. His career averages at the swans?
9.8 touches and 0.9 goals.
As all finals are played against good sides, I would suggest this is an accurate reflection of his general football as most normal people would.

In his three finals in 2014 he had a 13 touch game, followed by 23 with a couple of goal assists before a 7 touch shocker (he wasn’t alone) in the grand final.

Yes it’s done wonders for you. Ryan Clarke has turned you from also rans into a power house in just 10 games a year.

If you exclude 2014:

He had 12 finals for Sydney, and averaged 8 touches and 0.8 goals. His career averages at the swans?
9.8 touches and 0.9 goals.
As all finals are played against good sides, I would suggest this is an accurate reflection of his general football as most normal people would.

In his three finals in 2014 he had a 13 touch game, followed by 23 with a couple of goal assists before a 7 touch shocker (he wasn’t alone) in the grand final.

Yeah swans won that trade. Rohan was a handicap. You probably could have gotten another flag or 2 if you picked somebody else.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where were you when Gary Rohan played a final for the ages?

It’s not every day you trade pick 61 for a player who is BOG in a high pressure, high quality final en route to a flag - so we thank the Swans in return!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Gary Rohan the worst finals player of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back