Is Geelong deliberately losing to avoid Richmond in the finals or are they just the worst top side this century?

Cats are willing to throw the season rather than play Richmond

• Yes you can smell the fear.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • No they're just s**t.

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Jack Watts likes swimming in Corio bay and loves Tubby Porkins ****.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it.will be nice for me and the family to get away to Sanur a couple of days after another Tiger flag win.

Are you holidaying at your favourite trailer park down werribee way as usual, fortunately Geelong always gives you that early start.
Bali is a mecca for bogans :$
Try not to get lost in the sea of Richmond flogs

They remind me a lot of that fraud North team of a year or two ago who were top after about 10 weeks before rolling over like a cheap hooker.

Having that little bald bigot run around for them says it all really.

The Catters are wearing nappies because they are crapping themselves at the prospect of yet another wasted season.

tuggers yeeawn tuggers yawn
tuggers yeeawn

no other club has underachieved so much, eaten their own and prances like this shamble of a club
cant wait for a manure delivery and microwave outage at punt road
Oh dear you're not discussing under achievers surely, always amazes me that for supporters of the second ever Australian football team Geelong supporters are clueless about their own history and football history in general.

When it comes to under achieving, after Collingwood comes Geelong like a little lapdog yapping at their heels :$

Since joining the AFL Geelong has made 60 finals series for 9 flags and 9 runners up:oops:

Against Richmond alone its 8 losses 2 wins in finals and since your short lived lucky run between 2007 - 2011 you have only won 3 of 9 finals.

Compare that with your obvious superiors Richmond, who have competed in 42 finals series, 86 finals in total for 50 finals wins, 11 flags and 11 runners up and this is in 11 years less in the AFL/VFL.

Now run along and buy a book about the game then try and find someone in Geelong that can read and get them to read the history of why your club is known as the handbaggers.

Oh dear you're not discussing under achievers surely, always amazes me that for supporters of the second ever Australian football team Geelong supporters are clueless about their own history and football history in general.

When it comes to under achieving, after Collingwood comes Geelong like a little lapdog yapping at their heels :$

Since joining the AFL Geelong has made 60 finals series for 9 flags and 9 runners up:oops:

Against Richmond alone its 8 losses 2 wins in finals and since your short lived lucky run between 2007 - 2011 you have only won 3 of 9 finals.

Compare that with your obvious superiors Richmond, who have competed in 42 finals series, 86 finals in total for 50 finals wins, 11 flags and 11 runners up and this is in 11 years less in the AFL/VFL.

Now run along and buy a book about the game then try and find someone in Geelong that can read and get them to read the history of why your club is known as the handbaggers.
Rattling a can are we

I've never known which story is true for that one. There's the one that goes along these lines (with different variations) ...

.... Lou Richards had a regular column in the Sun, and Geelong were a very ordinary team around then.
Lou used to make constant reference to handbags, and players tucking lace hankies into their socks etc. I think it was mostly done to rile Bob Davis who he was working with regularly on "League Teams" on a Thursday night.
"Handbags and lace hankies" was his standard line and I guess the public just abbreviated it down to handbags.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...e-handbags-bumped.393007/page-3#post-13855033

And there's this story ...

I remember a Geelong supporting acquaintance of mine (who lived in the area for a number of years) telling me that they got that nickname because whenever they'd get flogged at home, and this is going back 20-30 years (maybe more), I guess, supporters (& probably opposition supporters as well!) would hang handbags over the bridges on the Princes Highway out of Geelong on the way back to Melbourne. Represented playing like a bunch of sheilas.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...the-name-handbags-bumped.393007/#post-9383469

Rattling a can are we
Going with your beggars cup to the VFL are you?

"It's hard to believe but professional football in Victoria nearly collapsed in 1986.

With seven clubs on their financial knees - Fitzroy, Geelong, Footscray, Collingwood, Melbourne, North Melbourne and Richmond - the league was in dire straits"

Some of us were big enough to get ourselves back on our feet, others went begging to the VFL.

Again a Cat supporter proving how little they know of their own clubs history prior to 2007. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going with your beggars cup to the VFL are you?

"It's hard to believe but professional football in Victoria nearly collapsed in 1986.

With seven clubs on their financial knees - Fitzroy, Geelong, Footscray, Collingwood, Melbourne, North Melbourne and Richmond - the league was in dire straits"

Some of us were big enough to get ourselves back on our feet, others went begging to the VFL.

Again a Cat supporter proving how little they know of their own clubs history prior to 2007. :$
RICHMOND rattled a can - begged to save their skins
i am posting on the tigers

The Catters have reached peak desperation mode by getting VFL hack garden sprinkler Narkle into their side this week

LOL

Hawks just playing spud kids now like Jiath

Know which position I'd rather be in.

I'd rather not be in 1st position of the ladder only to be exposed as a pretender when the finals start. That's Geewrong right now :D

0-4 for the Hawk's last two finals series. Would you rather the Hawks be where they are now or playing those finals?

The Catters have reached peak desperation mode by getting VFL hack garden sprinkler Narkle into their side this week

LOL

Just the lazy 22 possessions and 2 goals, and managed to come level with the opposition on the scoreboard tonight (2.2 to 1.8). Compare that to Jiath who contributed to 2 GWS goals through his utter ineptness.

By the way, was that you waving the Hawks scarf around in the crowd in the 2nd quarter at the Cattery tonight? You post so much about us, it only stands to reason you'd be watching us live as well.

Just the lazy 22 possessions and 2 goals, and managed to come level with the opposition on the scoreboard tonight (2.2 to 1.8). Compare that to Jiath who contributed to 2 GWS goals through his utter ineptness.

By the way, was that you waving the Hawks scarf around in the crowd in the 2nd quarter at the Cattery tonight? You post so much about us, it only stands to reason you'd be watching us live as well.

giphy.gif

That's quite the melt from you Catfloggo :)

Lets see the garden sprinkler do it on a real ground instead of the cow manure paddock that's mascarading as your cheat home ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Geelong deliberately losing to avoid Richmond in the finals or are they just the worst top side this century?

Back