Play Nice Is Gil really this much of a fool? Jobe's Brownlow and the commission's "hard" decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WHOLE reason he got it was he's Tim Watsons son. Good karma as that same factor makes it all that much more cringeworthy to take away (which they will have to)

I hope he keeps it, if only to rile you losers up.

This is the same award Ian Collins stripped Chris Grant of because he didn't like him. It's such a stupid meaningless award, yet all these Bigfooty keyboard warriors are up in arms about it.

Perhaps they're trying to wait and give him an opportunity to make the first move and hand it back himself, in the eyes of the general public it would rehabilitate his image an awful lot - because as i've read in the newspapers a lot recently what with the olympics n all, there's nothing aussies hate more than drug cheats taking medals away from our clean athletes.

This definitely has not been discussed yet. Good on you for starting a thread!

I know we it has been discussed over and over - but for posters like me that understood that due process needs to take its course the AFL has no excuse now not to take immediate action.
This really is a different kettle of fish, what are they waiting for!?

I hope he keeps it, if only to rile you losers up.

This is the same award Ian Collins stripped Chris Grant of because he didn't like him. It's such a stupid meaningless award, yet all these Bigfooty keyboard warriors are up in arms about it.

It's the most prestigious award in the AFL. People won't to be able to avoid how much of a joke it becomes, if you allow someone convicted guilty of performance doping to remain a brownlow medalist.

I always thought the award is a joke, but 50% of the criteria of fairest. Performance doping is probably the MOST UNETHICAL thing a club/individual could do in a competition. The only other thing that pops into mind would be salary cap cheating, which is slightly less bad.

If Jobes a Brownlow medalist then of course Chris Grant is ffs. One match suspensions compared to performance doping? Seriously

Hope he hands it back with teeth marks.

Xn5Cwi.jpg

Full credit to swansfan51

I know we it has been discussed over and over - but for posters like me that understood that due process needs to take its course the AFL has no excuse now not to take immediate action.
This really is a different kettle of fish, what are they waiting for!?
It's a joke. They've had all year to agree on an outcome in the highly-likely event the Swiss Court throws out Essendon's appeal. Yet apparently only now are they able to convene and determine a course of action!? They are like an incompetent government department that does everything via committee!

Is the AFL seriously so inept that they can't make contingency decisions for more than one outcome at a time? Did they not state earlier in the year that they would wait for the outcome of the Swiss Court appeal before stripping the medal, yet now we need a month of preparation for a Royal Commission-esque inquiry into what to do next?

This is a black & white decision. There are no extenuating circumstances that change a very, very straightforward outcome. Would you have this kind of endless PR-spin BS if a suspended player like Sloane had won this year's medal? NO! There is nothing to see here except complete and utter incompetence on the AFL's part.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to organise multiple focus groups and start some public polling! And then hire a statistics company to determine which outcome will have the best result for the AFL's bottom line.

Only then will the AFL Commission be able make a considered, informed, intelligent decision on the matter.

It certainly has nothing to do with the fact this guy's a convicted drug cheat who coincidentally scored twice as many Brownlow votes in the year he was taking PEDs than any other year of his career. Nothing!
And then not have public vote on it because its too divisive

We need to organise multiple focus groups and start some public polling! And then hire a statistics company to determine which outcome will have the best result for the AFL's bottom line.

Only then will the AFL Commission be able make a considered, informed, intelligent decision on the matter.

It certainly has nothing to do with the fact this guy's a convicted drug cheat who coincidentally scored twice as many Brownlow votes in the year he was taking PEDs than any other year of his career. Nothing!

All that writing for no acknowledgement

I truly feel sorry for you

He should hand it back and it should go to Mitchell and Cotchin

Essendon the club and the staff involved deserve their fair whack but the players were unfortunate collateral damage. The personal attacks against Jobe are cheap and brainless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back