FTA-TV Is Glenn Jakovich the most annoying commentator EVER?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is English his second language? This bloke should not be allowed within striking distance of a microphone.

Gerard Healy must be getting sick of helping him stumble through his sentences today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Years ago whilst I was at TAFE there was a big 'worksafe' poster on the classroom wall in which some comedian had decided to draw a massive penis on Jako's head. Highly immature I know but it still makes me laugh.

The other funny thing was the teacher didn't remove it, was just left there for the whole year.

My God.. we had the same poster on the minesite I used to work on and someone had done exactly the same thing to it. :eek:

He actually came up to that site when I was there a couple of years ago to give us a "presentation" on teamwork. Just turned out to be a DVD fapfest about the eagles after which he attempted to relate some footy anecdotes about how good they were when he played with them.

I don't like to think about how much BHP might have paid him for it..

Jako: "Carlton will be activating its sub, Andrew Moore."
Dwayne: "Actually, it will be Zach Tuohy. Andrew Moore is Port's sub."

How does he mess up which sub is which so much?

I think this goes to the heart of his supposed "bias". I'm not so sure it's genuine bias to the WA teams. I think it may be moreso that he simply doesn't know anything about any other team.

The best is when he's on 6pr's sports central.

The funniest was a couple of years ago when he said that the Bulldogs should've recruited one of the many available key forwards during the off season. Brad Hardie then asked, well then who?? Jako then stammered and stuttered for a few seconds before replying with Ryan Murphy and some other spud who's name I can't remember.

Funny stuff.

I think he should be given a life retainer. Watching him is quality television.

I've just read pages and pages of this golden thread but nothing beats the OP
'kicked it...........missed it'
is the funniest call, classic jako, love the man :thumbsu:

He needs to lift his work rate. It's all about work rate. If your work rate isn't there, then playing football is hard without work rate. Work rate is the key.

He's gotta keep things generic. Be general. That's why it's all about work rate. He's gotta keep the work rate up on being general so nobody get's a chance to pin him down on something.. kicked it. Missed it.

Gerard and Derwayne were just talking about the breeze at Subiaco, Jako chimes in with "Yes it moves in a whirling sensation here umm at Pattersons Stadium"....WTF is a whirling sensation Jako:confused::D

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Is Glenn Jakovich the most annoying commentator EVER?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back