Is Higgins a keeper?

Remove this Banner Ad

You could do a lot worse than having him as a seventh forward.

I'm planning on keeping him. Can't see why he won't average 90 for the year. There's a lot of Chapman about his style of game.

Higgins could well be taking Gias spot in the side now. Gia got 70% TOG against WCE and for a gun player that isnt good. He used to be right in the guts now he is in the guts of the bench?

Is he out of favour with the coach it seems that way to me

I think at of Higgins and Adcock your going to need to find at least 1 keeper between them

Higgins could well be taking Gias spot in the side now. Gia got 70% TOG against WCE and for a gun player that isnt good. He used to be right in the guts now he is in the guts of the bench?

I think at of Higgins and Adcock your going to need to find at least 1 keeper between them

Gia's always had low TOG. He was third for points per minute last year (behind Cox and Swan).

He just had a shocker on Sunday.

Prior to Sunday's game he was within a couple of points of last year's average, and considering he picked up 28 touches when Higgins picked up 29 in round one, and they both picked up 19 touches in round two, there's absolutely no chance his spot's been taken by Higgins.

Giansiracusa's an impact player. If he can't make an impact when he's on then of course he's not going to be given additional time.

If you extrapolated his performance over the season he certainly is a keeper in my books (as is Adcock who was mentioned earlier). I suppose it depends on how many trades you have coming into the pointy end of the season, because if your struggling he probably wont hurt you by sticking with him.

I haven't watched many Bulldogs games but if he is getting plenty of midfield time then that certainly helps his case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there can be anyone who would keep him in the midfield unless they run out of trades.

In the forward line, if he stays above an average of 85, which he looks very capable of.. then I would be more than happy for him to be my 7th mid. I am a little more forgiving of the 7th back/forward position.

4th most popular selection.

He is a keeper and will keep rising to his true value of around $400k.
Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no way higgins will reach 400K.

If he averages 95 for the next 6-7 rounds (probably a little unlikely too) he will plateau at about 350-360k.

If he averages 90 for the next 6-7 rounds (probably more his mark) he will rise to around 340k.

400k is well and truly out of reach.

If he continues to av 90+ its a no brainer.

just opening up the discussion to other maybe keepers:
Krak- av 83, potential to score 100+, unless shut down would have to be considered a very late upgrade only with trades remaining. thinking keepersville
Skip- if regains fitness and have the courage to keep
Bate- rollercoaster atm, looks gone for me.
Hase- looks to be playing well, but Dt is too up and down for midfielder. could still have upside to average. will keep until later rounds.
Rich- looks to be the palmer like rookie of last year. some will some wont, depend on trades/ upgrade options. (last year went palmer to lenny and pocketed some $$ :D)

any others/ comments?

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no way higgins will reach 400K.

If he averages 95 for the next 6-7 rounds (probably a little unlikely too) he will plateau at about 350-360k.

If he averages 90 for the next 6-7 rounds (probably more his mark) he will rise to around 340k.

400k is well and truly out of reach.

What if his at 340k then pumps out a 130 then a 120 the week after?
never say never lakey!

never say never lakey!

but the value of a keeper is meaningless. its like pavs drop, doesnt matter except that others can get on the train cheaper. and if hes averaging 90 and pumps out 2 big 100's then your not gunna trade!

To be fair to Lakey, the previous poster asserted that Higgins will keep rising to his "true value" of around $400k, suggesting that his average score will be sufficient to reach that price - which, as Lakey pointed out, is not very realistic.

never say never lakey!
Higgins would have to average 106 from now on to break 400k. If he did this, he would break it in about rounds 10-12. Oh, and even if he was to do this, it would be fairly irrelevent IMO, since he would be a keeper.

I am going to recommend a FANTASTIC site to you that is tooserious.net

Go to this site, sign up, then click 'Main', then click 'Dreamteam', then 'Western Bulldogs' then scroll down to higgins and click the little calulator next to his name. Punch in some numbers and click 'recalculate salaries'. Have a play around with this and you will greatly increase your understanding of price fluctuations. Very good tool for managing your team and thinking about your upgrades.

Now walesy, surely i deserve a gold star for that plug????

Higgins would have to average 106 from now on to break 400k. If he did this, he would break it in about rounds 10-12. Oh, and even if he was to do this, it would be fairly irrelevent IMO, since he would be a keeper.

I am going to recommend a FANTASTIC site to you that is tooserious.net

Go to this site, sign up, then click 'Main', then click 'Dreamteam', then 'Western Bulldogs' then scroll down to higgins and click the little calulator next to his name. Punch in some numbers and click 'recalculate salaries'. Have a play around with this and you will greatly increase your understanding of price fluctuations. Very good tool for managing your team and thinking about your upgrades.

Now walesy, surely i deserve a gold star for that plug????

I am more than aware of tooserious, im just saying that if he gets a 130 then a 120 he will go to 400k from 340k .... u cant say he wont reach 400k. Even on a 80 avg he might score 120, 130, 110, 140 then 40,50,30,25 highly unlikely but possible :thumbsu:

I think we know what Lakey meant, lets not get so technical about it. Hes extremely unlikely not to make 400k. I dont care if he said he won make 400k, we know what he meant.

I dont think Higgins will be a keeper. Hes scoring well but i reckon he will drop of a bit, i guess to keep him all depends on how he is going. If he scores 40,50,50 in the next 3 weeks you will be looking to probably discard him. If he scores 75, 85, 90 than your likely to keep him. After all players like Adcock and Higgins will be the last players to exit your side unless of injury and it will probably happen later on around rounds 12-16.

Alot of people were saying that Houlihan was a keeper but now his 43 makes him an upgradable target to Hodge.

I am more than aware of tooserious, im just saying that if he gets a 130 then a 120 he will go to 400k from 340k .... u cant say he wont reach 400k. Even on a 80 avg he might score 120, 130, 110, 140 then 40,50,30,25 highly unlikely but possible :thumbsu:
Nah, even if he does score that once hes at 340k, i still see him only hitting 400k in the following weeks. The point is, its very unlikely it will happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Higgins a keeper?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back