Is it just me or is the NRL boring!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Refried Noodle said:
Absolute champion Paul Kelly. Have his number 14 on my footy jumper. One of the toughest and most courageous footballers to play in the last couple of decades.
Agreed Noods! I think he would have made a great League player as well!

kelly.jpg

Bomber Bears said:
last time i was in Melbourne there certainly was smoking in cafe's, although that was in 2000.
Melbourne aint to bad a cty, just prefer my home town ones.

Nah, not really a bad city, just the only one voted the worlds most liveable city twice.

Bomber Bears said:
beaches, bands, parks, restaurants, bush walking, sport, everything you need.

You got me there, none of those at all in Melbourne :rolleyes: We dont have XC skiing 2 hours from the city and Downhill three hours away either. We dont have anything Sydney has.

Wollongong is a great spot. Not busy like sydney yet still close to everything you need.

Wollongong is a dump. But then again it does have Dapto, Warilla, and Windang. What a place.

How are people from Sydney and surrounds souless who have inferiority complex's? We know we are the best.

Best at what?

NRL a fraud of a game? Nah i personally ********en love it.

Intellectually handicapped board

You may not but you can deal with that yourself, i personally keep watching/playing it and enjoy a bit of AFL on the side.

I dont have to deal with anything. I haven't invaded a RL board trying to tell you how much better AFL is than RL. I am you worst nightmare. Played both games, lived in both cities, i can make an informed decision, too bad you lot from NSW cant.

And just causePaul Kelly says it doesnt mean its right.

It is to him and anyone who has spent substantial time in both cities. If you had the same experiences as him, you would know he is right.

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
I prefer the other Paul Kelly.... a real hero who obviously found Sydney a much better place than bleak city. :D

That wouldn't be because he was born and raised in NSW now would it?

Joffaboy said:
Bomber Bears said:
beaches, bands, parks, restaurants, bush walking, sport, everything you need.

You got me there, none of those at all in Melbourne :rolleyes: We dont have XC skiing 2 hours from the city and Downhill three hours away either. We dont have anything Sydney has.

Wollongong is a great spot. Not busy like sydney yet still close to everything you need.

Wollongong is a dump. But then again it does have Dapto, Warilla, and Windang. What a place.

How are people from Sydney and surrounds souless who have inferiority complex's? We know we are the best.

Best at what?

NRL a fraud of a game? Nah i personally ********en love it.

Intellectually handicapped board

You may not but you can deal with that yourself, i personally keep watching/playing it and enjoy a bit of AFL on the side.

I dont have to deal with anything. I haven't invaded a RL board trying to tell you how much better AFL is than RL. I am you worst nightmare. Played both games, lived in both cities, i can make an informed decision, too bad you lot from NSW cant.

And just causePaul Kelly says it doesnt mean its right.

It is to him and anyone who has spent substantial time in both cities. If you had the same experiences as him, you would know he is right.
Hmm, You are the guys who started all the anti NRL threads. Im simply defending the game i love, much like you would for AFL if i came on here attacking that game.

Yep Dapto and Warilla etc suck. But thats on the south side. Northern Suburbs are awesome.

But your honestly saying there are no ******** places in Melbourne which dont bring it down a bit? You have Frankston!!!

Once again its Paul Kelly's opinion, just like its my opinion that Sydney and Wollongong are better than Melbourne and you have the oposite opinion.

Bomber Bears said:
Joffaboy said:
Hmm, You are the guys who started all the anti NRL threads. Im simply defending the game i love, much like you would for AFL if i came on here attacking that game.

The one point you seem to be missing is.... this is an AFL forum not an NRL one

I realise this but i personally like defending my code, which is utterly different to coming on hear and starting ********. I like both games and think they are both bloody hard to play etc but i aint gunna stand by n let people heap ******** on on rugby league and for that matter the area i live in.

Coming from a Aussie rules state and moving to a RL state I thought I
would give RL a chance by going to a few games and watching it on the
box. Compared to Aussie Rules I found RL to be a slower and more
predictable game and I always asked one question after each game.

What is the purpose of a scrum ? The team putting the ball in always
wins possession, as the ball is put in so far back the opposing team has no
chance of winning possession. I haven't received an answer yet that I
explains the purpose.

But, I must admit that Andrew Johns always seems to make the game
better when he is involved.

Basically scrums used to be contested up until the mid 80's (roughly) but there were something like 20 penalties to be given out for them so they scrapped them and made them non contestable (unless the team no in posession feels like pushing). Stupid move, from footage they were waaaaay better when they were contestable. Basically footy has changed some rules which they shouldnt have.

Andrew Johns is a freak, lifted Newcastle from sh*thouse to a team which could beat anyone. Tackles hard and does some freakish things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meekaboy said:
What is the purpose of a scrum ? The team putting the ball in always wins possession, as the ball is put in so far back the opposing team has no chance of winning possession. I haven't received an answer yet that explains the purpose.

I've actually been hearing a lot of commentators (RL ones) over the past few years basically saying the same thing, that it should be gotten rid of and the only reason they are keeping it is because of tradition.

Joffaboy said:
Any AFL player would make a great League player. However not many League players would have the skill or ability to play AFL.

Except for a Mr Paul Kelly who played for the Sydney Swans.

He played in the same RL team as Laurie Daley in Junee.

He quit playing RL because he was a dud at the game, but turned out to be "All-Australian" material in AFL.

Man, you have to tell us all what makes you so bitter about Sydney and RL. The poison from your pen exudes from the screen.

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
Who is the King or Queen of Moomba this year?
A hetrosexual.

If you're into the ring ramming, it's the fringe festival. If you are going bait about ****ters, at least have the decency to get the festival correct. Enjoy the Mardi Gras...

Most league supporters would prefer scrums to be a contest again. I like them because they allow for alot of set moves.
One thing all you AFL people overlook when talking about RL is defence, attack is only 50%. Can any of you tell me how a sliding defence works. In the game between the Swans and Geelong the last goal was kicked from a set play, which was really basic big guy taps to little guy who kicks ball, the AFL media creamed themselves over the fact that there actually was a set play. It takes no intelligence at all to play aussie rules.

Joffaboy said:
I am the worst nightmare for RL fans. Someone who has played and watched and understands both games, someone who has lived formore than 20 years in Sydney and nearly that long in Melbourne, and who can make a reasonable comparison between games and cities. Once you people get the same knowledge and experience come back to me.

Yes. What would you like to know?

jipper said:
You're a knob.

So Sydney is now the Sporting capital of the world....

Sydney watch one AFL grand final, watch one NRL final, have an olympic games, and suddenly you're the sporting capital of the world.

Forget about the Australian Open Tennis, Formula 1, Spring Racing Carnival... etc.

Believe it or not Sydney people also watch those events you have highlighted and are just as interested in them as Melbournians.

Joffaboy said:
So there is more to do in Sydney than in Melbourne is there?

Would you kindly like to tell us what "more" is? Getting knifed by Lebo gangs in SW Sydney perhaps? Getting stuck in an endless traffic jam at rush hour?

Sydney and its neighbouring cities like Wollognong and Newcastle are smog ridden cesspits who are inhabited by soulless fools with inferiority complexes.

I was brought up in Sydney and would never ever live in that crap hole ever again.
Melbourne is a much better city in every aspect including the football and the sporting culture that leaves soulless Sydney for dead.

Sydney, just like the NRL, is a pale imitiation of the American dream, but in a much crappier, shoddy and painfully embarrassingly cultural cringing way.

NRL is a fraud of a game. I played it as a kid and watched it in Sydney when living there. I, like most Sydneysiders fell for,the anti AFL self interest League mafia. When I discovered AFL upon moving to Melbourne I could tell I had been sold a pup with RL.

And I know of a couple of Melbourne people now living in Sydney who reckon they were sold a pup by the even more self interested AFL mafia/media from Victoria. They were flabbergasted that there were other sports out there particularly other football codes.

It took them a while to deal with a city that sold papers where 90 percent of the sports section wasn't devoted to just one code of football, but they're used to it now and loving it. I try to get them to Swans matches but they prefer to travel around the various RL venues in Sydney.

Rex said:
Believe it or not Sydney people also watch those events you have highlighted and are just as interested in them as Melbournians.

we're Melburnians.

ahhh... ingnorant Sydney-siders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or is the NRL boring!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back