Is it just me or is the NRL boring!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Y2eel said:
Jarrod hayne..

Storer, Tsolous, Delaney

I thought you might have named some big name players, who do these guys play for?

I do think though that El-Mazri (is that how you spell it?) would've made a good small forward.

Adam BK said:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/NR...8191703150.html

NRL grand final ratings figures soar
October 4, 2005 - 2:49PM

Page Tools

Email to a friend
Printer format

The national television audience for Sunday's NRL grand final has topped four million viewers after regional figures were added to the overall ratings.

In total, 4.132 million fans watched the Wests Tigers defeat North Queensland 30-16, an increase of 800,000 viewers to last year's decider between the Bulldogs and the Sydney Roosters.

At one stage on Sunday night, 96 per cent of television sets in the Townsville region were tuned into WIN for the match. Overall, the WIN network in regional Queensland added an overall total of 500,000 viewers to the national figure.

More than 900,000 fans were tuned in across the NSW regional markets through NBN and WIN.

The match was the most watched television program of the year in Sydney and Brisbane.

"The figures show the depth of support there is for the game, particularly in the two states of NSW and Queensland that represent more than half Australia's population and giving advertisers access to more than half the nation's retail activity," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

AdvertisementAdvertisement
"On one level it was a fairytale that everyone could appreciate but importantly it also reflects an ongoing love people have for rugby league in our key markets.

"This year's figures have also been encouraging for the interest generated in both Melbourne and regional Victoria and hopefully we can build on that through the Melbourne Storm next season."

© 2005 AAP
Brought to you by

Y2eel said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/NR...8191703150.html

NRL grand final ratings figures soar
October 4, 2005 - 2:49PM

Page Tools

Email to a friend
Printer format

The national television audience for Sunday's NRL grand final has topped four million viewers after regional figures were added to the overall ratings.

In total, 4.132 million fans watched the Wests Tigers defeat North Queensland 30-16, an increase of 800,000 viewers to last year's decider between the Bulldogs and the Sydney Roosters.

At one stage on Sunday night, 96 per cent of television sets in the Townsville region were tuned into WIN for the match. Overall, the WIN network in regional Queensland added an overall total of 500,000 viewers to the national figure.

More than 900,000 fans were tuned in across the NSW regional markets through NBN and WIN.

The match was the most watched television program of the year in Sydney and Brisbane.

"The figures show the depth of support there is for the game, particularly in the two states of NSW and Queensland that represent more than half Australia's population and giving advertisers access to more than half the nation's retail activity," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

AdvertisementAdvertisement
"On one level it was a fairytale that everyone could appreciate but importantly it also reflects an ongoing love people have for rugby league in our key markets.

"This year's figures have also been encouraging for the interest generated in both Melbourne and regional Victoria and hopefully we can build on that through the Melbourne Storm next season."

© 2005 AAP
Brought to you by

Just beat me ;)

raikkonen64 said:
After watching the first half of the NRL grand final, they were saying its a great match! i was thinking to myself wat a joke this is as boring as watching grass grow.

opinions?
I couldn't bring myself to watch it, but I wholeheartedly agree. Just an abysmal excuse for a sport.

OneEyedHawk said:
I couldn't bring myself to watch it, but I wholeheartedly agree. Just an abysmal excuse for a sport.

Yeah i rocked up for the last 2 mins of the AFL grand final worst 2 minutes of my life and ive watched gaelic football...

littleduck said:
agonising near missed for world cup qualification every 4 years. in between club football has been a farce. but the greatest achievement in 30 years is arguably the A-League!
realfootball said:
A hell of alot in the past 2 years. Briefly

Lowy taking over the FFA
Appointing O'Neil as CEO
O'Neil bringing virtually the entire ARU team with him
Establishment of key sponsors for the A-league and national team
Entry into Asia
3 year Foxtel deal
Secured financing for 5 years for each A-league club
20K plus crowds for teams like Sydney FC and QLD roar.
As of today, Packer looks like he is going to do a TV deal to see socceroos go on Channel 9 for Asian championships
Massive inroads into the media. I can only vouch for Sydney, but things like Football fever in the tele and equal coverage or more so than AFL and NRL in SMH
Securing some high profile players for the A-league

Want me to keep going?
In summary then after 28 years of stuff-ups, mismanagement and poor quality football there is now some real hope for Australian soccer. The A-League and entry into Asia are massive steps in the right direction.

Do you think things will improve to the extent that top young Aussie players will choose to stay in Australia or return home in the forseeable future?

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
Do you think things will improve to the extent that top young Aussie players will choose to stay in Australia or return home in the forseeable future?
no, due to lack of $$$$$ in Australia compared to overseas competitions. the A-League is destined to forever remain a feeder competition for overseas comps, but it'll surely be our biggest and best ever feeder comp in australian soccer history!!

the stars of the A-League are destined to be Aussie socceroo hasbeens on the verge of retirement making a token effort to put something back into the game in this country; will be high profile hasbeen imports from overseas comps that none of us have heard of but were once popular in the home country; as well as unknown youngsters who are gaining experience and some of whom might end up superstars in overseas comps especially in europe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

littleduck said:
no, due to lack of $$$$$ in Australia compared to overseas competitions. the A-League is destined to forever remain a feeder competition for overseas comps, but it'll surely be our biggest and best ever feeder comp in australian soccer history!!
Exactly...the A-League just can't compete with the almighty Euro and the lure of the famous European teams.

The advantage AFL and League have is that we get to see the best players in our respective competitions week in week out.

Well done to all the NRL fans for constructing a fine argument.
I'll see you at the Tigers tickertape parade down George St.........wait, there is no parade down George St. :D

Maybe you can get one down Campbelltown Rd and the players can travel in the back of rusted old Ford utes.

Also, gotta love the class of the Tigers players in the post match interviews. How many F-bombs were dropped!!!! Must have been the Wests coming out in the Balmain players. Gotta love the media training by the NRL!!

Sydney Crow said:
Also, gotta love the class of the Tigers players in the post match interviews. How many F-bombs were dropped!!!! Must have been the Wests coming out in the Balmain players. Gotta love the media training by the NRL!!
I was amazed that every question was answered with 'mate'. Must be a northern thing aye?

M29 said:
I was amazed that every question was answered with 'mate'. Must be a northern thing aye?
Yeah mate.... the northern equivalent of "yeah/no". Notice also how Wayne Carey(Riverina lad) uses the flasher's hybrid version "yeah look".

"mate" comes from the RL State of Origin motto "State against state, mate against mate"

Hornet said:
Exactly...the A-League just can't compete with the almighty Euro and the lure of the famous European teams.

The advantage AFL and League have is that we get to see the best players in our respective competitions week in week out.

But the best bit is those Nil-Nil scores. Awesome Simply Awesome!!!!

I rest my case your honour that Thugby is for the lower classes both players and supporters:D

Sorry's the word after f-word beamed live to record numbers
By Jacquelin Magnay
October 5, 2005

Wests Tigers officials have apologised after their players dropped repeated expletives on Channel Nine and ABC radio on Sunday night.

The language of elated premiership-winning players Anthony Laffranchi, Chris Heighington and Pat Richards was colourfully interspersed with f-words as they gave post-match interviews on the field at Telstra Stadium after Wests Tigers' inaugural NRL triumph.

Heighington told the Channel Nine commentary team: "This is f---ing awesome." He then went on ABC radio and repeated the phrase before apologising, only to drop the f-word once again in the very next sentence.

finders said:
I rest my case your honour that Thugby is for the lower classes both players and supporters:D

Sorry's the word after f-word beamed live to record numbers
By Jacquelin Magnay
October 5, 2005

Wests Tigers officials have apologised after their players dropped repeated expletives on Channel Nine and ABC radio on Sunday night.

The language of elated premiership-winning players Anthony Laffranchi, Chris Heighington and Pat Richards was colourfully interspersed with f-words as they gave post-match interviews on the field at Telstra Stadium after Wests Tigers' inaugural NRL triumph.

Heighington told the Channel Nine commentary team: "This is f---ing awesome." He then went on ABC radio and repeated the phrase before apologising, only to drop the f-word once again in the very next sentence.

I'm pretty sure a few Swans players swore... Atleast the Tiger's club apologised! Unlike the AFL who seems to sweep everything under the carpert (ALA the incident involving a number of players a couple of years ago in which the AFL paid off the girl...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or is the NRL boring!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back