Analysis Is Leppa the Right Man for the Job?

2 Years in, Is Leppa the Right Man for the Job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admit that Lambert wasn't hear to see it first hand, but that's not the version he gave me when I asked him about it.
As much as I love what Lambert brings to the Lions, his hearsay is no more reliable than anyone else's. And bear in mind it will mostly be coming from people within the club who will have a particular view on these things. I agree with the Judge. Everything we were hearing from the get go (much like Aish) was that he was little chance to stay.

I thought we'd established that Yeo left to play golf with his mates back home?
Likes the quiet of playing a round on his own, does he? :D

I thought we'd established that Yeo left to play golf with his mates back home?

Yeah , that's what I thought.

Not sure about the golf aspect but my recollection is that he went back to Perth to visit family and friends and suddenly got convinced he should go home, mainly by his "mates".

Polec, Karnezis and Longer were always out the door but Yeo suddenly bailing came as a genuine surprise to just about everyoneand I thought the club itself got blind sided,

So I'm not sure where this idea comes from that we (Kerr) somehow butchered "negotiations"?

Yeah , that's what I thought.

Not sure about the golf aspect but my recollection is that he went back to Perth to visit family and friends and suddenly got convinced he should go home, mainly by his "mates".

Polec, Karnezis and Longer were always out the door but Yeo suddenly bailing came as a genuine surprise to just about everyoneand I thought the club itself got blind sided,

So I'm not sure where this idea comes from that we (Kerr) somehow butchered "negotiations"?

The only thing I'm certain about is the golf aspect.

Leppa surely can't survive this season, the worst footy team I've ever had to watch.
Hopefully the afl throw a bucket load of cash at Roos or bomber or Ratten. Our club is dying and these non competitive efforts dished up just about every week is making it worse

Leppa surely can't survive this season, the worst footy team I've ever had to watch.
Hopefully the afl throw a bucket load of cash at Roos or bomber or Ratten. Our club is dying and these non competitive efforts dished up just about every week is making it worse
are we as bad as the demons were a few seasons ago? i'll have a look after the game and see how the stats compare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I so much wanted Leppa to succeed.......now? I'm fast leaning to letting him go at seasons end.....but it worries me who we get though. We have to get it right.

Dont worry, he "feels" like a first year coach so this level of performance is acceptable.

That really was an odd comment that smacked of desperation to buy more time and you could argue delusion...doesn't matter what you 'feel' like the reality is you've been in charged for 3 years and gone no where...yes high turnover, young kids blah blah but the effort and gameplan/structure should be better and more defined by now.

I so much wanted Leppa to succeed.......now? I'm fast leaning to letting him go at seasons end.....but it worries me who we get though. We have to get it right.

Ratten looks a good choice...took Carlton to 5th and it's still our best year this century.

Ultimately he was a bit too inexperienced...but now that he's learned from the best at Hawthorn, plus has previous senior coaching experience, he ticks all the boxes. All the recent Hawthorn assistants have done pretty well at their new clubs...he'll bring the Hawthorn gameplan model to Brisbane. Cant even see a proper game plan and structure atm the team looks lost on the field.

Please hand in your notice Leppa. If you care for the club please do it.
This club can not go through another year of this. Lambert or not we will lose more players because the club is going nowhere. Please Lepp you've had your turn, your chance. It ain't working. Man up and move on. Please.

This is now a lot bigger than the club, AFL will be appointing next coach and virtually rebuilding the club from scratch.

I genuinely feel sorry for Leppa, I don't think any AFL club could survive in the current set up the Lions are having to work in.

This is now a lot bigger than the club, AFL will be appointing next coach and virtually rebuilding the club from scratch.

I genuinely feel sorry for Leppa, I don't think any AFL club could survive in the current set up the Lions are having to work in.

But will the afl step in? Would be a massive turn around for gillon. That's why I have bitched about his no problem in qld. Backed the afl into a corner that totally isolated us. Media and vic clubs would flog him if he stepped in now.

But will the afl step in? Would be a massive turn around for gillon. That's why I have bitched about his no problem in qld. Backed the afl into a corner that totally isolated us. Media and vic clubs would flog him if he stepped in now.

Honestly, its either step in and support them, or relocate them to Tasmania. This has to stop and it has to now.

It's clear from watching the team that they don't have a clear structure and gameplan to follow...the players look lost out there..and that's a coaching issue.

Defensively, it looks like Carlton under MM where the players just run around and chase their direct opponent, dont go third man up etc
This lets the opposition completely dictate play and at this level they'll still hit targets anyway.

Obviously Bolton has made a big change game plan wise and if you watch us play, we now have a clear zone defence and our players ALWAYS push up into the face of the ball carrier to break the possession chain...it's a clear plan, whereas your boys dont seem to know what they should do, so end up just chasing their direct opponent.

Leppa's excuse of the turnover and young players is somewhat valid to an extent, but the lack of effort and clear gameplan shows he has to go.

Hopefully the AFL do something about the funding/facilities etc and maybe even help get a top notch coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back