Collingwood
Paul Medhurst

2006 - 65.4
2007 - 55.4 (last few weeks 64 82 69 70 80 100) AVE 77.5
2008 - 105

Steve Johnson

2006 - 67.2
2007 - 94.8

Medhurst is taking on a similar role in that he is a small forward that plays tall, he loves to kick the ball and has plenty of marks to his name.

Now with Carlton next week you would think its likely to continue. His price of $293,800 I reckon his ripe for the picking, will average 80+ imo.

haha you wish mate.. i see your a collingwood supporter, and thats an extremly optimistic thing to say.. i think no chance

Have you watched any collingwood games this year?

You'll be eating your words by the end of this year that's for sure. He'll avg 90.

yes i have watched collingwoods games mate, and yes, he has been playing really well. But think about it, Setve J averaged 105 the last 11 games last year, made all australian even tho he missed 6 games and won the norm smith.... AS IF Medhurst will do that!!!!

and im from Wa and a claremont fan, so ive seen him play more footy then you think

you guys will be eating your words later in the year..

i guess we'll see who's right or wrong in due course

Steve Johnson always threatened to score big in the past, but was hampered by injury, I had considered him as a selection every year for DT, but with his dodgy ankles at the time and a few other issues he didn't make it, now last year injury free he has shown what he can do.

No use comparing them with Johnson's injury history.

Collingwood are not a DT machine like the cats are, so no.

Medhurst is a ____ing gun but. :)

yes i have watched collingwoods games mate, and yes, he has been playing really well. But think about it, Setve J averaged 105 the last 11 games last year, made all australian even tho he missed 6 games and won the norm smith.... AS IF Medhurst will do that!!!!

and im from Wa and a claremont fan, so ive seen him play more footy then you think

you guys will be eating your words later in the year..

i guess we'll see who's right or wrong in due course

Winning norm smith, all australian has got nothing to do with doing well in dt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had Medhurst from beginning and am pretty close to trading him up to Chapman on Friday. Any arguments against this?

Good to see I'm not the only one in the same boat!

I never had him in calculations to be in my final team because although his NAB cup form showed potential, I didn't believe he would be consistent enough.

So this makes this week an excellent time to get on a proven DT gun at a cost of 20k on a trade I would have thought would have cost closer to 80k at the start of the season. I think it is possibly a 15-20 point upgrade with greater consistency. I can't see the downside! :thumbsu:

more like Kayne Pettifer if you ask me.

i would expect his average to drift back to 80. low scores lie ahead.
awesome pick if you had him from the start though.
can't believe i actually recommended him to a few people who were in desperate need of a forward around that price.
gee that annoys me when you overlook the guy yourself. :rolleyes:

Good to see I'm not the only one in the same boat!

I never had him in calculations to be in my final team because although his NAB cup form showed potential, I didn't believe he would be consistent enough.

So this makes this week an excellent time to get on a proven DT gun at a cost of 20k on a trade I would have thought would have cost closer to 80k at the start of the season. I think it is possibly a 15-20 point upgrade with greater consistency. I can't see the downside! :thumbsu:

I agree with that. Medhurst has been good for me so far, but the consistency of a DT gun in Chapman and the minimal cost to get him means I will probably have to do it this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Medhurst an 08 version of Steve Johnson 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back