Is Neil Craig the mumbling cancer that is destroying the Crows from within?

Remove this Banner Ad

Here it comes. Quick, Quick. Oops it’s gone.

Yep, there goes the point and it looks like reelsap has missed it again.

Do you want me to explain it to you as if you were a 5 year old?

Relapse has made a valid point - and you respond with a typically
non-sensical reply.

Bringing up players who never got a game as opposed to players who have requested to leave are two entirely different situations. Don't there have to be 4 changes a year? Therefore if you want to go back 5 years we call all list 20 players!
I have not heard or seen a quote from any ex-player yet that implies serious dissatisfaction with Neil Craig from any players that have left.:rolleyes:

Relapse has made a valid point - and you respond with a typically
non-sensical reply.

Bringing up players who never got a game as opposed to players who have requested to leave are two entirely different situations. Don't there have to be 4 changes a year? Therefore if you want to go back 5 years we call all list 20 players!
I have not heard or seen a quote from any ex-player yet that implies serious dissatisfaction with Neil Craig from any players that have left.:rolleyes:

Obviously being subtle to the illogical is an exercise in futility. OK lets break it down to three simple questions.

Does Meesen leaving the Crows imply that everyone agrees that Craig is nothing but a fat ugly and toothless despot who derives nothing but contempt for him from everyone he encounters?

Does Thomson leaving Port imply that everyone agrees that Williams is nothing but a fat ugly despot who derives nothing but contempt for him from everyone he encounters?

Does Harbhajan Sekaj’s flawed use of deductive logic imply that he is not a flog?

C’mon diahatsu, if you answered yes to any of these three questions you are one step closer to being a permanent tenant in the rubber room.

Meesan left as he was behind Maric and Griffin. Since he cant get a game at Melbourne shows how poor he really was. A poor first round pick by us I will concede that.

Thomson requested to leave as he could not get a regular game in a side that was 0-4, and finished 13th. Given that the side was unchanged for the first four weeks of the year (without a win)shows where Choco rated Thomson. At that point in the season he was more than serviceable for Sturt.

Obviously being subtle to the illogical is an exercise in futility. OK lets break it down to three simple questions.

Does Meesen leaving the Crows imply that everyone agrees that Craig is nothing but a fat ugly and toothless despot who derives nothing but contempt for him from everyone he encounters?

Does Thomson leaving Port imply that everyone agrees that Williams is nothing but a fat ugly despot who derives nothing but contempt for him from everyone he encounters?

Does Harbhajan Sekaj’s flawed use of deductive logic imply that he is not a flog?

C’mon diahatsu, if you answered yes to any of these three questions you are one step closer to being a permanent tenant in the rubber room.

Again , entirley different situation.....
Thomson played AFL then your dolt of a coach refused to pick him coz of OP or some other reason - he never takes responsibility himself - blamed a probably non-existent injury coz he went back and played SANFL. Is that right?

Meeson never got games - not good enough - left to have a crack at another club.

I was not agreeing with Sekaj specifically, although he does make a similar point - which is completely valid - as is Relapses response.

Where is Angus when we need him!!!!!!!:D

Again , entirley different situation.....
Thomson played AFL then your dolt of a coach refused to pick him coz of OP or some other reason - he never takes responsibility himself - blamed a probably non-existent injury coz he went back and played SANFL. Is that right?

Meeson never got games - not good enough - left to have a crack at another club.

I was not agreeing with Sekaj specifically, although he does make a similar point - which is completely valid - as is Relapses response.

Where is Angus when we need him!!!!!!!:D

OK that’s three Crows supporters who have missed the point. When I brought up Meesen and Craig the intention was to expose Sekaj’s lack of logic. The fact that Meesen and Craig were belittled was merely a fortunate side effect.

Now because Meesen left does not mean he hates Craig.
Also because Thomson left does not mean he hates Williams.

Because three out of three Crows supporters did not get the point does not mean that they are all morons. But so far we are batting 100%.

OK that’s three Crows supporters who have missed the point. When I brought up Meesen and Craig the intention was to expose Sekaj’s lack of logic. The fact that Meesen and Craig were belittled was merely a fortunate side effect.

Now because Meesen left does not mean he hates Craig.
Also because Thomson left does not mean he hates Williams.

Because three out of three Crows supporters did not get the point does not mean that they are all morons. But so far we are batting 100%.

And yet, your argument that Craig is causing people to leave dissolves into the ether the moment you mention Thomson. I reckon Thomson would hate Chocko's guts - he said he was fit to play but even after such a crap start by the team he never got a fair crack. Again...and I'll type it slowly ....two different situations - Sekaj's argument never implied a like situation - yours does.:rolleyes:

That's all you've got, "I reckon". Well that doesn't cut much ice around here, sister. This board demands facts. :cool:

Then get rid of that sh!t posted under your speels.
If any idiot believed that to be true then Port are the most successful team in the AFL and that ain't so, matey.:D

Angus ....come back!

I'm pretty sure one or both of Hudson and Welsh said they were much happier at the Bulldogs because they didn't like how things were done at the Crows under Craig. That's a much better example than Meesen or players that were delisted.

No one here knows the exact reason why Thomson wasn't picked. It didn't seem to be a talent thing, and if there was a problem between the two it was kept fairly quiet. I'm guessing that was the case, based on the actual facts I have presented to me. Quite a professional handling of the situation by both parties. In any case, no one here has any idea, so why are we jumping to conclusions? It's a once off thing that has never really happened at our club before IIRC.

I think anyone looking at it seriously could say sekaj's typical non sequitur conclusion that Choco must cause everyone around him to want to leave is clearly invalid. It would be just as valid for me to go ahead and say that players all hate Craig and my proof is that Hudson and Welsh left. I'd say it presents a far more compelling case than Thomson leaving Port does for sekaj's argument, but it doesn't make it a fact, does it?

I'm pretty sure one or both of Hudson and Welsh said they were much happier at the Bulldogs because they didn't like how things were done at the Crows under Craig. That's a much better example than Meesen or players that were delisted.

No one here knows the exact reason why Thomson wasn't picked. It didn't seem to be a talent thing, and if there was a problem between the two it was kept fairly quiet. I'm guessing that was the case, based on the actual facts I have presented to me. Quite a professional handling of the situation by both parties. In any case, no one here has any idea, so why are we jumping to conclusions? It's a once off thing that has never really happened at our club before IIRC.

I think anyone looking at it seriously could say sekaj's typical non sequitur conclusion that Choco must cause everyone around him to want to leave is clearly invalid. It would be just as valid for me to go ahead and say that players all hate Craig and my proof is that Hudson and Welsh left. I'd say it presents a far more compelling case than Thomson leaving Port does for sekaj's argument, but it doesn't make it a fact, does it?

Yeah Craigy wouldnt let them go out midweek and get intoxicated, shame on him.

I think the simple crux of the Thomson matter is that he left as he was getting limited opportunities at Port. Luckily for Port he has gone to a club where he wont do any damage. Look at Richo, has he ever hurt any team??? No.

Who was the better player do you think?
Thomson or Symes:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of those players are rubbish can you tell me the great AFL careers that Williams, Nash, Gillgan or Finnin enjoyed ??? Williams was traded to melbourne, but those other players were delisted.

Ben Finnin was traded to Geelong as part of the Ronnie Burns deal, he's still waiting for a game, in a bush league now I suppose

All those "rubbish" players were crow selections, not my fault they couldn't hack the regimented life at crowland

Brent Williams was an underage captain, he hated it at the crows

Allen Nash never saw light of day, and still hasn't from all reports

Tom Gilligan led the crow rucks against Port in the very 1st showdown, he thereafter decided life at a Melbourne university was far preferable to this caper and couldn't wait to pack his bags

Griffin is still at the Crows,

Against his will, he wanted to leave mid contract, everyone knows this, except you maybe?

Angwin was delisted by Adelaide

Not before a list of wrecked cars, police appointments, dead stubbies, fainting spells, and more angst than possibly any other player has ever caused?

and Kane Johnson was happy at Adelaide, but went home because Adelaide traded for Carey. There was even talk that Kane Johnson wanted to leave Richmond and come back to Adelaide at the end of 07. Kane Johnson always said that while he was always open to the idea of going back to Melbourne, he did enjoy his time at Adelaide and if Adelaide never traded him would have most probably played out his career here.

He didn't leave because the crows said to him we want to use you as bait to recruit Carey

He left because he said to the crows I want to go home to Melbourne, can you arrange for a trade for me to do so.

It was upon his actions that the ball started rolling, he wanted to leave, and the rest is a very sorry history

Who was the better player do you think?
Thomson or Symes:confused:

Hmmm. Symes was more consistent, but was ultimately a linkman. Like Kane Cornes without the ability to tag and a lower work ethic. I'd say Thommo was more damaging. Able to find the ball, nice kick and an eye for goal. If I had to have one of them back (assuming he was going to play week in week out) it would probably be Thommo. That said, I don't think trading him away will burn us. I could be wrong.

Yeah Craigy wouldnt let them go out midweek and get intoxicated, shame on him.

I think the simple crux of the Thomson matter is that he left as he was getting limited opportunities at Port. Luckily for Port he has gone to a club where he wont do any damage. Look at Richo, has he ever hurt any team??? No.

I think there was slightly more too it than him not letting them go out and get drunk. Game style definitely came into it.

As for your 2nd paragraph, yes, I agree, those are the facts. Good on you for putting things as they are and not reading way too much into it like some others on both sides of the argument. Clearly there was an issue that led to Thommo not getting the games, so he's moved on.

I think there was slightly more too it than him not letting them go out and get drunk. Game style definitely came into it.

Discipline wasnt their strong point TP.

As for your 2nd paragraph, yes, I agree, those are the facts. Good on you for putting things as they are and not reading way too much into it like some others on both sides of the argument. Clearly there was an issue that led to Thommo not getting the games, so he's moved on.[/quote]

Yep, happens at every club.

I just realised that this thread is/was another toots special

Just saw there was an original one about Mark Williams so Toots created this one to try and sway away from the topic at hand :D

Gotta hand it to Toots, any problems at Port he just puts his head in the sand and pretends it actually happening to the Crows :D

Wonder how long before Toots makes a thread that Adelaide are heading for a record loss and that Toyota have pulled out of sponsoring the Crows

Selection 74: Paul Cahill
Date of birth: 19/8/90
Height: 192cm
Weight: 80kg
Club: Sturt/Mitcham Hawks

Which AFL team do you support?

No-one. I used to be a Crows (Adelaide) fan but I don’t like the style of footy they play anymore, so I just watch the good players that I aspire to be like.

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=70101

Diagnosis:- Cancer ;)

No-one. I used to be a Crows (Adelaide) fan but I don’t like the style of footy they play anymore, so I just watch the good players that I aspire to be like.

And yet anytime Tealsters are aksed why they dont go to games the same answer comes up quite a bit regarding Choco's game plan.

Hows that glasshouse going Toots?

MMMMmm - a scintillating quote from a Mitcham Hawks player who has yet to even train with his AFL team. What insight this lad must have? What experience to make this statement? Groundbreaking info for sure. When is his next press conference ? I am eager to learn more from this doyenne of the game.

If you want to quote someone, FFS how about quoting someone who actually has played a friggin' game! Better yet, quote a current Adelaide player.

Another nonsense post from a straw clutching downhill skier.

I would be more worried about picking a player up who already has MAJOR hamstring worries :eek:

He didn't leave because the crows said to him we want to use you as bait to recruit Carey

He left because he said to the crows I want to go home to Melbourne, can you arrange for a trade for me to do so.

It was upon his actions that the ball started rolling, he wanted to leave, and the rest is a very sorry history

Kane Johnson left under Gary Ayers, relevance to Neil Craig how?

And yet anytime Tealsters are aksed why they dont go to games the same answer comes up quite a bit regarding Choco's game plan.

Hows that glasshouse going Toots?

Hence the Port membership departments cunning plan to change how all their memberships work raising the prices for most people to deflect from Williams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Neil Craig the mumbling cancer that is destroying the Crows from within?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back