Is Richo the most popular player ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

What a legend - A 33-year old polling 22 votes :eek:

I remember going to Collingwood-Richmond games just to bag the crap out of Richo - I have appreciated in the last three years how much he loves playing and bleeding for the jumper. We don't have many players like that in the competition anymore.

Definitely my favorite player outside of Collingwood (now that Harv's hanged up the boots), except when we play them of course ;)

Congratulations Richo - you were the People's winner tonight even if you didn't bring Charlie home tonight :)

Super bloke and most people were going for him, me included. Cooney though was graceful in victory. Richo you are a star and if other players bled like you bleed for your club, the whole standard would go to another level altogether.

Good luck Richo. Please DO NOT retire. Play till you're 40. He would be great value even in a fwd pocket.:thumbsu: Great humble champion like Harvey.

True Character of the game.
Honestly would have been one of the most deserving brownlow medalists for a long time. And even given us Richmond supporters to get drunk and cry over.
:) its ok though , next year when Terry re invents Richo again im sure he will win one ;) LOOL

ohh and well done too Cooney too i suppose , first class speech
no way his mum helped him through yr11 !

Absolutely love the Big man.

If people only knew what a nice bloke he really is, never has a bad word to say about anyone or anything, loves life, doesn't take himself too seriously and never puts himself above anyone else.

I remember a family day around 1996, It was getting really late and a lot of the players were going inside, getting away from the crowds of supporters still waiting for an autograph. I look around and see a large amount of people huddled around, I go and check it out and it's Richo signing autographs. I tell you what, he stayed around another hour until everyone had his signature and through it all he had a smile on his face and embraced every person. I remember going to him and saying something like "Sorry to hold you up" to which he just ruffled my head and said "no worries champ, happy to be here". I was 14 at the time. Just a remarkable bloke.

Often see him on Brunswick Street in Fitzroy and always smiling and saying hello to everyone.

There's only one Matthew Richardson. A true character of the game and a personality that will never be forgotten.

I think he still has two years left in him.

Devo.

Cooney, if you have an ounce of heart in you, get out on the town, do a great big ****ing line of coke, and book yourself in to fail a drug test asap. Richo must must win a brownlow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Quarterbrain stopped asking Cooney questions about his lifes upbringing yet? My god that was just uncalled for.:eek:
Just let them talk FFS.

As for Richo well yeah can't say a bad word about him. He has always been a fantastic mark and this year just got involved a lot more and pulled down some rippers. How the Brownlow comes to this I'm not quiet sure.
Haven't seen a Brownlow like this in a while.

How great would it have been if he had won it and crowd at the crown started singing -
RICHO RICHO MAN,
I WANT TO BE, A RICHOMAN!
would be the most memorable Charlie ever.

Especially with a pissy Rex Hunt starting it off with "Hey, Hey, Hey! Hey! Hey!" :D

Now where has my Richoman audio file gone?

This is the the same bloke that TW taped on the shoulder early in the year and told him that his spot in the forwardline was no more... instead of sulking he re-Invented himself asa 222 Mark, 50 goal wingman.... How he was not on the starting 18 in the AA side has really p1ssed me off.

Third in The Brownlow...4th MVP.

Where's Tredrea?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Richo the most popular player ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back