Is Sam McClure The Trade Whisperer?

Remove this Banner Ad

ArielZ

Debutant
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just this afternoon Ricky Nixon made a call on Twitter, claiming that Sam McClure is the trade whisperer

I know, Ricky is known as a flog in most circles and generally we can take what he says with a grain of salt- he's that type of bloke.

However, this one makes some sense. Earlier today Sam went on radio saying that Luke Hodge is looking likely to join Gold Coast next year and extend his AFL career. Just hours later, Hodge debunked that rumour as total bullshit. Since Hodge's statement, Sam's journalism reputation has taken a massive hit. Not long after Hodge's statement, the trade whisperer took to Twitter claiming that Hodge had infact spoken with Gold Coast officials, however quite casually and a number of weeks ago.

This claim made by the trade whisperer is seemingly indirectly defending Sam McClure's comments and his reputation as a journalist.

To add some cream, it's no secret that Sam comes off as quite arrogant and smart ass, characteristics that would clearly fit the identity behind the trade whisperer.

Could all be rubbish, but who knows. Will be interesting to see how this developes, or doesn't, over the coming days

It's pretty obvious. Hodge essentially accused Sam of making up bullshit. If that doesnt cause you to question his credibility, I'm not sure what will.
So it's based on your ability to read everyone else's minds?

I think no less of Sam as a result of this story.

i thought everyone already knew who the trade whisperer was. I certainly do.

Tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. .

Tell me.....

No. I shouldn't have said anything......

No, tell me!!!!!!!!

No.

Tell me!!!!

Stop that!!

Tell me !!!!!!

Seriously........stop that

Tell me.....pretty please!!!

OMG! im..... your too much........I can't. i just can't.

Okay.... just give me a hint...

It rhymes with Ian.

#whogivesashit

Last edited:

Sam McClure isn't a journalist, he is a rumour peddler and a flog. Luke Hodge to the Gold Coast is like saying Barry Hall will come out of retirement next year.

Anyone with any feel for the game of football understands that Hodgey is cooked. He is done. He had nothing more to give as a player. If Sam McClure doesn't understand this, he has no business reporting on football.

Anyone with any feel for the game of football understands that Hodgey is cooked. He is done. He had nothing more to give as a player. If Sam McClure doesn't understand this, he has no business reporting on football.

He's one of those 'journalists' who thinks theyre bigger than the game. He justs makes crap up without using fact or even logic when he lies.

So it's based on your ability to read everyone else's minds?

I think no less of Sam as a result of this story.

I'm quite concerned that you think highly enough of Sam McClure that it is feasible for you to think less of him.

He scores high points in the "smug flog" and "punchable face" categories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just this afternoon Ricky Nixon made a call on Twitter, claiming that Sam McClure is the trade whisperer

I know, Ricky is known as a flog in most circles and generally we can take what he says with a grain of salt- he's that type of bloke.

However, this one makes some sense. Earlier today Sam went on radio saying that Luke Hodge is looking likely to join Gold Coast next year and extend his AFL career. Just hours later, Hodge debunked that rumour as total bullshit. Since Hodge's statement, Sam's journalism reputation has taken a massive hit. Not long after Hodge's statement, the trade whisperer took to Twitter claiming that Hodge had infact spoken with Gold Coast officials, however quite casually and a number of weeks ago.

This claim made by the trade whisperer is seemingly indirectly defending Sam McClure's comments and his reputation as a journalist.

To add some cream, it's no secret that Sam comes off as quite arrogant and smart ass, characteristics that would clearly fit the identity behind the trade whisperer.

Could all be rubbish, but who knows. Will be interesting to see how this developes, or doesn't, over the coming days

In fact I heard Sam on radion. What he said was that Mark Evans (at GC) spoke to Hodge about him coming over to GC. But more tongue in cheek in a casual conversation. Unlikely he will play again. But don't rule out anything.

If trade whisperer did write what you said above, Sam in fact must be TW.

Things Sam Mclure has nailed that I remember:

1. 2014 doggies off season, club was imploding and he called it

2. 2014 paddy mccartin pick 1 over petracca before anyone called it

Things trade whisperer has nailed:
No need for the smoke screen sammy

Since Hodge's statement, Sam's journalism reputation has taken a massive hit.

A hit on his reputation would improve it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Sam McClure The Trade Whisperer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back