Is The Mcc On Drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez, one year after playing, what was it? 3 games per year, in Launny, you Sainters are happy to dish out the criticism.

While no fan of Hawthorn's I admire their admin's ability to leverage into Tassie in a way very few predicited could be done.

If you think that with the benefit of hindsight, the Saints wouldn't have done the same to effectively put their flag in Tassie and call it their own, then you are kidding yourself.

Wasn't having a go at Hawthorn mate! I actually think they've got a darn good deal there - something we perhaps should have had given our historical links to the state!

Having a go a the peanut supporter!

8 Teams in Melbourne! You're having a larf! I actually thought it might have been a subtle dig at the Kangaroos? hmmmm.

Yeah MCC membership is great.

Do the math and work out how much you pay whilst you wait and then the ongoing fees.

It would be cheaper to just scalp a ticket to any big event. But hey, don't let logic rain in the parade.

Do the math and work out how much you pay whilst you wait and then the ongoing fees..

You pay $50 to go on the waiting list. No annual "waiting list fee". Ongoing fees are about $450 per year plus joining fee. For that you get admission to about 60 games per year, plus cricket, and priority seating at major events.

Cheap.

Yeah MCC membership is great.

Do the math and work out how much you pay whilst you wait and then the ongoing fees.

It would be cheaper to just scalp a ticket to any big event. But hey, don't let logic rain in the parade.

I love it when people like this bag something they've got no idea about. Thanks for a good laugh. :D

We went to the boxing day test as well and sat in the MCC.

Tell me the logic behind not being able to take a drink out to the seated area ? The guy told me it was to stop stillages and drunken behaviour.

All barring drinks from the seated area does is encourage binge drinking when you run to the bar. Try and slam down as many as you can and then come back to your seats. It only encourages drunken behaviour !!

What made it worse was the security. I had a half of my shoe on the corridor walkway and the other half in the the bullring. Security actually told me off because I was not standing in the bar. Seriously 5cms of my foot was in the walk way. What a joke they have become.

CyclopsRules said:
Tell me the logic behind not being able to take a drink out to the seated area ? The guy told me it was to stop stillages and drunken behaviour.

All barring drinks from the seated area does is encourage binge drinking when you run to the bar. Try and slam down as many as you can and then come back to your seats. It only encourages drunken behaviour !!

What made it worse was the security. I had a half of my shoe on the corridor walkway and the other half in the the bullring. Security actually told me off because I was not standing in the bar. Seriously 5cms of my foot was in the walk way. What a joke they have become.

Was it really that much of an effort to stand completely inside the bar, as requested? It goes both ways, you know. Liquor licensing laws are what they are and the MCC is just doing its best to avoid breaches of that.

In regard to the dry seating areas, it means that those who want to watch the footy or cricket without being surrounded by drunk bogans can do so. It also means they can continue to serve beer in glasses, rather than plastic, if drinkers are confined to bars. I know what I'd prefer.

While I'm as guilty as the next bloke of running to the bar at half time and smashing back a couple of schooners, I've never personally encountered obnoxious drunken idiots in the seating areas. It means they're (mostly) confined to the bars, where they can watch the game on telly or from the bar windows and only bother their fellow drinkers.

I reckon I've seen maybe two drunken fights break out in seating areas in the MCC in the 20-odd years I've been going there. I've seen 10 times that in the general admission areas in the few times I've ventured out to sit with my mates.

Finally, as Timmy from Thommo said yesterday, if you're that concerned about drinking at the footy or the cricket, go to a pub. Or, sit in the outer among like-minded drunken ferals and leave the rest of us in the MCC to actually watch the game.

I agree with you that the security has become a little over the top in recent years but out of the bar is out of the bar. There has to be a line somewhere and the easiest place to draw that line is at the edge of the bar, no exceptions. That way everyone knows exactly where they can and can't stand.

I reckon I've seen maybe two drunken fights break out in seating areas in the MCC in the 20-odd years I've been going there. I've seen 10 times that in the general admission areas in the few times I've ventured out to sit with my mates.

Exactly you saw 2 fights in 20 years in the MCC !! Thanks for building up my argument.

The rule only came in at the start of last year so fair to say there wasnt a problem to begin with.
No need to change the rule had you only see 2 fights in 20 years. Thats what I am getting at.

Exactly you saw 2 fights in 20 years in the MCC !! Thanks for building up my argument.

The rule only came in at the start of last year so fair to say there wasnt a problem to begin with.
No need to change the rule had you only see 2 fights in 20 years. Thats what I am getting at.

Could you kindly explain to me exactly what rule change you're referring to? You've never been able to take drinks to your seats in the MCC.

Liquour licensing laws are crazy these days, so although it is ridiculous that it matters whether your foot is 5cm one way or the other, they dont set the laws and are doing as told.

Liquour licensing laws are crazy these days, so although it is ridiculous that it matters whether your foot is 5cm one way or the other, they dont set the laws and are doing as told.

I drank in the MCC in my seat at the 2005 and 2006 boxing day tests.
My cousin had a beer in hi seat at a few footy games across 2006.
When I asked the secuirty guard why we couldnt take our drinks up I was told that a law was introduced early 2007 not to allow it. Just going by what I was told.

Liquor licensing laws is it now ?
5 metres to my right are thousands of people drinking out in the open.
You telling me that the MCC dont have a liquor license beyond the 10 metre squared bull ring bar ? If that is the case then its laughable.

In any case its ridiculous. Most people like to have a beer while sitting and watching sport. Not because they want to get drunk but because its refeshing to be able to sit there have a sip of an ale and watch whatever is going on in the middle. The fact that they dont allow this because they fear "spillages" (quote from MCC security) or because of a extremely small minority who drink too much and should be kicked out is laughable.

Give political correctness the heave ho and lets get to common sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I asked the secuirty guard why we couldnt take our drinks up I was told that a law was introduced early 2007 not to allow it. Just going by what I was told.

You telling me that the MCC dont have a liquor license beyond the 10 metre squared bull ring bar ? If that is the case then its laughable.

In any case its ridiculous. Most people like to have a beer while sitting and watching sport. Not because they want to get drunk but because its refeshing to be able to sit there have a sip of an ale and watch whatever is going on in the middle. The fact that they dont allow this because they fear "spillages" (quote from MCC security) or because of a extremely small minority who drink too much and should be kicked out is laughable.

Give political correctness the heave ho and lets get to common sense.

Drinking in the seating areas has never been allowed in the MCC, at least not as long as I've been a member and that's been since '92.

If you don't like the rules and prefer what the outer has to offer then feel free to go sit there. Whether it's liquor licensing or any other reason, the MCC has rules and you can either live with them or not sit in the member's reserve.

You're either a liar, or you broke the rules, or you were too pissed to remember.

Got back to the outer, you lowlife.

They did allow drinking in the seats at certain times during the redevelopment. I know for certain that you could take drinks to your seat in 2003 when India were last at the G and the MCC was based in the Southern Stand with the AFL members. Other than that MCC seating areas have always been dry areas.

I agree that food prices in the MCC and at the MCG as a rule are expensive. I am not justifying it as I think the companies that run the outlets such a Spotless make huge profits and I know how much it costs to buy a 2kg bag of chips wholesale. However you do need to remember that these catering companies would pay rent for the space for the whole year and they only have a relatively little amount of time to sell their food. This is particularly true at footy games where they only really sell food before games and during the quarter breaks. During this time they need to have a lot of staff to serve the masses. These staff are often standing around not doing a lot when it is quiet during the game.

Having said that, I too find it hard to believe some of the prices but if you don't want to pay it, bring your own sandwhich.

In regards to now having to display your card in the plastic pocket thingy, I really don't think it is that onerours. It will save you getting your card out everytime you come back to some of the members only food areas. Additionally, I know a few fellow members who have almost had fights in the bullring with non-members without visitors tickets who have no right to be there. These people jumped the fence from the Ponsford or Olympic stands in order to drink at the bars with full strenght beer. Hopefully having to display your card will stop this from happening.

The rules and prices for the cricket are different from the AFL season.
Ive been a member for years and years so just get over it, is a great club, gives us incredible privliges. Top class food, great history and comfortable seating.

Have a whinge about a 8 dollar spirit. It's real spirits at least. Go and buy a cool crown lager in the bottle for a fair price, not a watered down draught in a plastic cup.

For god sake you are MCC members, be proud of the club and act like one.
Is it so bad that they want to have a bit of class like no drinking where you sit? It's fair enough if you ask me. They would introduce plastic cups if we could do that. Im sure they want smashed glass on the stands.....?

The only thing I don't like about the MCC is how they let young ladies in with those bloody fluro trackpants. Seems if your under 21 and a female the dress codes doesn't apply to you.

In regards to now having to display your card in the plastic pocket thingy, I really don't think it is that onerours. It will save you getting your card out everytime you come back to some of the members only food areas.

Thats why God invented shirt pockets. I've never had to queue up while people flashed their cards for the redcoats. The MCC is a bit like the AFL here - making up rules just for the sake of it.

Its an unneccessary impost wearing plastic tags around your neck - we dont work in a bloody IT company - its a footy ground!!!

Sounds a bit like watching a game in Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is The Mcc On Drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back