Society/Culture Is the SRP too negative?

Remove this Banner Ad

As Australians we are mostly optimistic, our material conditions are decent and allow for it. I think humans in general need to be to get over the terror that we'll all die, and so will look for hope even in dire situations

It's not going to be like that for anyone going into the future. It's in your best mental health interests to ignore it and keep trucking

This is kind of interesting; 'The end is nigh' right? but what if they're correct? There's a lot of science to back this stuff.

If you go through the IPCC papers they rely on a magical future technology that will remove carbon from the air at scale. What if that isn't possible? A general understanding of thermodynamics would suggest it's not and can't be, at least in the timeframe required

Every year we pollute more, the biosphere collapses more, and tech stagnates at boundaries from physics.

It's pretty clear climate has phase changed in the last few years, what if we are cooked?

I kind of hate the there's still hope news articles, we can change etc
As an analogy; when your fire alarm goes off do you leave the house because your ears hurt, or do you check to see if the ovens on? At some point you have to accept it's beyond saving but I'd bet you'd still call 000
The climate extremists have been wrong 40+ years. The world was supposed to cave in 5x by now according to them, forgive me for ignoring them. Climate is changing, but it is NOT the emergency that they claim it is and never was.

Renewables also wont do shit when mining companies continue to kill rain forests, we concrete over as much greenery as humanly possible, and cargo ships continue being a main user of fossil fuels. Plus their renewables still need mining which damages the earth just as much. Almost like this is all money driven? (forgive my scepticism but our decision makes have never had our best interests at heart. Follow the money)

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Is the SRP too negative?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back