Is there a problem with Islamic schools?

Remove this Banner Ad

We also have no central body to organise, and run itjihad. In the past, the Calipha was responsible for the ummah (muslim people) and the direction of the faith. It was the calipha who organised, and chaired the itjihad. Today, to mention the word calipha in any arabic country will get you killed, and to work towards a caliphate in the middle east will have you labelled an extremist.

I cant see why this is necessary. Why cant scientific innovation take place without this? For 200 odd years the UK was at the forefront of scientific discovery but it was more about individuals working by themselves rather than some centrally organised system and certainly little to do with religion.

I cant see why this is necessary. Why cant scientific innovation take place without this? For 200 odd years the UK was at the forefront of scientific discovery but it was more about individuals working by themselves rather than some centrally organised system and certainly little to do with religion.
I suspect that the purpose of this is that religion should not be threatened by new ideas, and become hostile to them.

I suspect that the purpose of this is that religion should not be threatened by new ideas, and become hostile to them.

Religion and progress arent exactly great bedfellows. One would think the lesson of history is that the Muslim world needs far less religion and far more science. Its not a tough argument to make to say that the Catholic church held back progress significantly in the west.

A good example is the Islamic revulsion at the concept of interest. Time to move on.

They had the Academy of Sciences to interact with and to test their theories ...to infer that they were lone hands is misleading

Religion and progress arent exactly great bedfellows. One would think the lesson of history is that the Muslim world needs far less religion and far more science. Its not a tough argument to make to say that the Catholic church held back progress significantly in the west.
I agree, but the effect of such a system would be (to use a Catholic metaphor) to baptise science and reason.

I think also that we cannot ignore the differences between the West and the Muslim world. The West can put Christianity aside when it suits. I don't think it's that easy in the Muslim world.

Their schools shouldn't be receiving government funding - that is both Muslim and jewish. Neither muslims or jews are true Australians they are just here to take what they can get out of our society, their true loyalty lies with the causes they triumph overseas. How a young Australian jew fighting for the Israelis in Lebanon was lauded by the Australian foreign minister baffles me, he should have been facing criminal charges.

Islam is a faith of intolerance and no matter where Muslims go they are the cause of trouble. In western Europe people are paying for the tolerance of their governments most would like to be free of muslims - a people that are not compatible when it comes to living in a liberal modern society.

The desecration of the bible and the harassment of non-Muslim teachers at the said school in the news is just the tip of the iceberg. This country shouldn't have as many muslims as it does, given that there are people from all over the world wanting to come here they would have to constitute the worst type of immigrant - unwilling to learn English, integrate or add anything of value to our society. On the other hand they wish to live in ghettos, behave anti-socially in public places by bring their intolerant attitudes to Australia, be significant players in organised criminal gangs, be a major cause for the fact that we have a terrorist issue in Australia.

I personally blame the Keating Labor Party who opened the door to Lebanese muslims, despite warnings from the maronite christians living in that country as to the type of people they were inviting to Australia, and it was purely done because it was believed they would vote Labor as a bloc.

Bigoted Statements Board

From experience, yes.

I have interviewd a few and employed one from the local Islamic college.

They are brainwashed with religion and despite qualifications they all were barely educated.

i think your a bit mistaken here. yeh there are some from that college that are pretty lost but dont forget not everyone is going to remember what they learnt in yr 11 after going through uni. trust me i dont even remember the calculation to calculate the accerelation of the earth (is it a=v2/r?)

the school your talking about in perth is in my opinion very poor compared to melbourne and sydney school. ive been told that about 65%-75% of the students are refugees from the recent somalia wars and the genocide of iraqi/afghan ********tes in their homeland (quantity of more students makes the school get more money from the govt per head and as the school is now only filled with refugees a lot of aussie born mussies dont go as some i know feel that those kids are quite holligan like) hence making the schools environment quite poor. the majority of australian born muslim kids dont go to that school and go to other schools like wesley, corpus christi and even basic public schools like mt lawley. the islamic school (the biggest one in perth) is a farce it has absolutely lost its touch, the other 2 schools in competition in the southern suburbs are in higher standard than that college.

according to some people I know the Administrator doesnt know much of whats happening to his school but he always has his intentions to being one of the top 10 schools in WA but thats unfortunate for him cos its never gonna happen. i understand your point frodo but of course if someone doesnt know physics yr 11 then how did he graduate get a decent ter and get to uni? il admit that the school in WA (which is only the Islamic High School in WA) is really poor but compare it to proper institutions like King Khalid and Malek Fahd in Sydney its more of a joke

(according to some sources 95% are born overseas in the WA Islamic School hence making English as their 2nd language and also as the students mostly are refugees the school lacks of funds due to 95% of them not paying fees!!!)

Their schools shouldn't be receiving government funding - that is both Muslim and jewish. Neither muslims or jews are true Australians they are just here to take what they can get out of our society, their true loyalty lies with the causes they triumph overseas. How a young Australian jew fighting for the Israelis in Lebanon was lauded by the Australian foreign minister baffles me, he should have been facing criminal charges.

Islam is a faith of intolerance and no matter where Muslims go they are the cause of trouble. In western Europe people are paying for the tolerance of their governments most would like to be free of muslims - a people that are not compatible when it comes to living in a liberal modern society.

The desecration of the bible and the harassment of non-Muslim teachers at the said school in the news is just the tip of the iceberg. This country shouldn't have as many muslims as it does, given that there are people from all over the world wanting to come here they would have to constitute the worst type of immigrant - unwilling to learn English, integrate or add anything of value to our society. On the other hand they wish to live in ghettos, behave anti-socially in public places by bring their intolerant attitudes to Australia, be significant players in organised criminal gangs, be a major cause for the fact that we have a terrorist issue in Australia.

I personally blame the Keating Labor Party who opened the door to Lebanese muslims, despite warnings from the maronite christians living in that country as to the type of people they were inviting to Australia, and it was purely done because it was believed they would vote Labor as a bloc.

Why arent jews(excuse me im defending the jews not the muslims at this point but the same applies) considered real Australians. Have some bloody tolarance. How are jews trying to just come and take what they can out of the economy. They do there job like any other person. They earn money and they spend it like other people. Yes they might go to shule and yes they might not eat pig. But give them a F***ing break. Most of them you wouldnt be able to the bloody difference between them and christan.

So grow up and look at the world in a fairer light.

While Islam embraced science and phylosophy, you lot were burning scientists at the stake and accusing them of being heretics.

When your forefathers were living in huts by the rivers, mine were living in cities that had street lights and complex sewerage systems.

Lestat, who are the "you lot" and "your" in all this?

Only a muppet to the financial gods would suggest interest and usury are good things

Of course interest is a good thing. How else is modern society going to work? The Islamic world (to an extent) has realised this has hurt their economic progress which is why they have come up with an alternative finance version (which is a synthetic replication of interest).

How would the Brits have defended themselves against the French if the Rothschilds hadnt given them the cash?

To get better takes time. The Islamic schools in Perth have improved every year in the grades of their students. I am pretty certain that they are in the top 50% of the state. Not a bit achievement, but for a young school with a lot of challenges it is a start. You can not become something overnight without effort.

From personal experience, there are few Muslims with university degrees between the ages of 27 and up, but there are a quite a lot at university now and recent graduates. At Mosq on Fridays, many of the Muslims are young, university educated professionals that are just starting their careers. I know of one family of 4 brothers who fled from Afghanistan 10 years ago, 3 of them have University degrees and the other one is finishing one now. You can not compare the established, well funded schools with ours. One day, god willing we will be there, but that will take time. If you look at the statistics you will find the average Muslim has about a .2% higher chance of having a Uni degree than the average Australian so i do not know why it would be such a big issue.

Frodo, what was this Muslims name that you hired? I may know him and would like to verify your story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was actually an Indian invention. The Arabs often get credit because that's who the Westerners heard it from.
It is called the 'Hindu-Arabic system', and it originated in India.

The itjihad is an interesting concept though. Why couldn't it be reintroduced in some modern form?

But did you know the indians have the same concept of how we right numbers in arabic.

Islam is not a religion of extremirism. Its a religion of peace and harmony. You have the thought of us being terrorist because of what you see through the media. Dont you think that the media goes to far when they show things about another religion. Yes they certainly do!

And without us would Australia ever be a democracy. I dont think so.

Would that make Jesus a Muslim?

Who says interest is right or wrong? Only a muppet to the financial gods would suggest interest and usury are good things

Well in the teachings of our holy book, the Quran Jesus is one of our prophets. 2nd last prophet after our last prophet Muhammed.

The only holy book that has not been rewritten is the Quran. No one has changed the words of it ever. The other three have been continuesly been changed around by scholars of christianity, jewish and that is why the Quran is the true book.

The Islamic Schools Of Victoria 28 5
King Khalid Islamic College 29 4
East Preston Islamic College 23 0

King Khalid's results are seen as poor as they teach two different diploma courses: the IB and the VCE. They focus more on the IB course thus all the more intelligent students do this course and the weaker students end up doing the VCE course. Highest ever ENTER score of the VCE course was about 96 while in the IB course there are about 5 students who score above 99 every year. If all students in that school did the VCE course, the results would be significantly better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a problem with Islamic schools?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back