Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

You've changed your tune massively in the last 3 weeks or so. Struggle to see what could have changed drastically in that time?

Good call mate..

Effort
Game style
internal rumblings
Fitness
Strange selections
And 4 goals in 3 quarters of football against Geelong in perfect football conditions on a ground we know very well. I didn't expect to win , but heck I expected better than that rubbish.
Now I haven't totally give up and I did expect us to finish last, but I wanted a little hope to go along with that last position.

I still think we can play finals in 2024 if we sort out our shit and man the **** up. As in make the players accountable.

Nah, not rock bottom.

Remember the Swans game in 2019 @ Blundstone? Brad loaded up on his boys and we were +48 in average games played and +70 possessions on the night and lost to a team with an average of 62 games played.

That is what coaches do and Noble is still finding roles to justify selecting Turner, as he is experienced and in the leadership group.

Sooner or later, we will kick 1 goal over in Freo or have a diabolical 100+ against Melbourne before the bottom.

I reckon people need a sense of history here; North old timers will rightly tell you this is nothing like rock bottom - we've always been battlers, that's the DNA of the club. Before 2021, we'd "won" 13 wooden spoons in the AFL/VFL, the second most of any club after the 'aints.

People can't spell rock bottom much less understand what it means for the die hard supporters who carried the club through the genuinely tough years =right through to the mid 70s

Rock bottom - give yourselves a rest, what an entitlement complex

Rock bottom? How long is it since we have been a powerhouse in the league? We have not done anything to set the world on fire for over 20 years. Remember the 90s. What a powerhouse team. A joy to watch. Since then what? Not much. Same shit every year. Making up the numbers. The club has become a total basket case. How do we rectify this. I don't think the club can. Mistake after mistake. Maybe relocate to Tassie. Get the support of the AFL. Get top draft picks. Maybe we could start attracting high profile players. Remember South Melbourne and Fitzroy? We are no better than those two clubs. Maybe it IS time to consider relocating to Tassie and becoming a destination club again. This rubbish we dish up year after year has to stop. If anyone has got better ideas I am all ears.

Yeah, nah, **** off.

I reckon people need a sense of history here; North old timers will rightly tell you this is nothing like rock bottom - we've always been battlers, that's the DNA of the club. Before 2021, we'd "won" 13 wooden spoons in the AFL/VFL, the second most of any club after the 'aints.

People can't spell rock bottom much less understand what it means for the die hard supporters who carried the club through the genuinely tough years =right through to the mid 70s

Rock bottom - give yourselves a rest, what an entitlement complex
Cue some random account with a pixilated scan of an original Syd Barker daguerreotype chiming in now.

"Sorry young Merlin007, you hippies of the sixties don't know nuthin' about the resolve of us old Albert Park boys.

Why back in the twenties and thirties, well golly we had some real humdingers back then.

Woodenspoons? Let me count 'em for you, I do believe we had six of those suckers in just nine years.

Why I don't remember even seeing a Shinboner kick an actual goal until young Sel Murray came along..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Her name wasn't Shazza was it ?

To clarify this comment l went back to the social club after the '98 g.f.
My distinct memories;
. The lack of supporters there
. The grim look on the players faces when they came on-stage on the oval.
. Some idiot burning a Crows scarf.
. A lass called " Shazza " throwing herself at Corey who ran for his life.
. " Shazza " proceeding to throw herself at everybody else !

Our seasons have always been shot by the start of May. End of Round 8 record is atrocious
2019: 2-6
2020: 2-6
2021: 0-8
2022: 1-7

The good thing is round 9 the past 2 years we have won or got Scott sacked so we’re odds on to beat Port. I’d say rock bottom will be Friday night and then upwards from there.

Our seasons have always been shot by the start of May. End of Round 8 record is atrocious
2019: 2-6
2020: 2-6
2021: 0-8
2022: 1-7

The good thing is round 9 the past 2 years we have won or got Scott sacked so we’re odds on to beat Port. I’d say rock bottom will be Friday night and then upwards from there.
I'd accept either a win or Scotts being sacked again

Season 7 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Pfft. Rock bottom is waking up in bushes outside the North pools the morning after the ‘98 GF with unused beer tickets your pocket and being approached by something that still gives you nightmares.
Ha ha,I remember that,Arden street oval was fenced off like rikers Island & they charged $15 to get in so we could rub shoulders with greats like Stuart Anderson & winning abraham

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back