Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't those bolded players turn down our offers? Altho I read that on here so maybe not...

I also don't understand why people think Logan McDonald can play. He's like a slow uncontested version of Larkey without the accuracy.

Apart from about three of those players, Edwards, CCJ (yeah I know,) Free, Nyuon, Pink and Sellers are not as good. Corr Logue etc are outright better or look like better long term prospects imo.
What were the offers is the question...

We are shit, they have to be compelling to move a decent player.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

One gun, a few handy types and plenty of shitmen in that group.
The question was, who could we have gotten, not who was worthy.

A fair few on the list would play every game for us. Every game.

Hogan, Wright, McStay, Chol, Koschitzke, McDonald, Lobb would all be in the first dozen picked each week. Blight would be developing, and the rest of the shitmen break glass in case of emergency.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like I told Zondor just upthread there are plenty of reasons why we are shithouse at the moment but Rawlings is low down that list - everyone of the people with more responsibility for that situation are gone and if someone who is better at list management is available I wouldn't care either.

Instead of worrying about the list, why don't we first get a proper academy setup first that can genuinely produce a string of top end picks every few years like GC.

I watch Hawthorn and see players picked well after ours who are performing at a high level while ours, apart from Sheezel, play like they were picked in the Rookie draft.

To be Fair the 2020 draft was literally a lottery as Some Victorian leagues only had half a season before they were cancelled.

Go look at Essendons 3 picks in the top 10. They had picks 8 , 9 and 10 on Nick Cox , Archie Perkins and Zach Reid. Tom Powell was taken at pick 13.

Freo were fortunate enough getting Josh Treacy in that rookie draft.

Staying power of this thread has been immense. I think, for real though, that this is rock bottom. Despite all the shit, despite all the turmoil, there's nothing redeemable today, no excuses for this. It was supposed to be behind us. There's easily enough talent now to not be pounded into oblivion.

If the league came out tomorrow arguing for the nuking of the club, I wouldn't be able to think of a single logical reason against it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

f8714551-da6c-4fd2-987f-f5b4d4e5baf4_text.gif

When will it stop?

When they trade the license to Tassie so we become the Northern Tassie Pissants in exchange for a non roofed stadium..

After Saul Estlakes dismantling of the Tassie economy that stadium isn’t being built, we will be the exchange program, Northern Pissants for no stadium 🙃

I believe this is the first season in our history (since shorts sponsors became a 'thing') that we went an entire season without a shorts sponsor.

Grim stuff, off-field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back