Is this the worst West Coast Team

Remove this Banner Ad

ITS ME

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2008
freo
AFL Club
West Coast
We now have the honor of having the second worst win loss ratio over the last two and a half years only beaten by Melbourne. ( if Melbourne keep winning we will soon be the worst) . This has got me thinking is this the worst West Coast team and squad we have ever had. I cant remember loosing so many games and i cant remember having such a plodding midfield.Were we better under Ken Judge before the Judd Cousins etc era or were we this dismal.

We aren't as bad as we were in 2001 (this side is at the very least competitive) but are edging towards being bad for longer than that era now.

Butchering of the ball would probably be as bad as I've seen it though.

2008 was bad. Finished 15th. Got pumped by heaps of teams including that 130+ loss to Geelong. Percentage at the end of the year was woeful.

We have been successful for so many years. It wouldnt be that hard to have the worst team.

I believe this to be the worst midfield we have ever had. How are we ever going to win games with selwood priddis and mcginnity in the midfield. Load it up with ebert masten and priddis and rotate it with the others or at least maybe look to put our best ball users in hurn and lecras in there.

Its the worst midfield the club has ever had and probably the worst midfield ive seen a AFL team ever have in my lifetime when you take ruckmen out of the equation

Its the worst midfield the club has ever had and probably the worst midfield ive seen a AFL team ever have in my lifetime when you take ruckmen out of the equation
Not one prone to over-exaggeration are you?

we are rebuilding..this takes time..and the team has been gutted of talent and experience..its very much a groundzero year..last year we still had wirra and stinger etc..so the good news is we cant get much worse - just how long we remain at this level is the irksome part..otherwise "the only way is UP, babyyyy!! :)

When Toddy loaded us up with all his mates and relations from Swans we were pretty bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The team is fine .They just do not know game plan They are playing like scared individuals. I lay the blame at admin and coaching. Unite the boys for gods sake. .

The team is fine .They just do not know game plan They are playing like scared individuals. I lay the blame at admin and coaching. Unite the boys for gods sake. .

Too true. Lets face it, nothing replaces a football brain. Being a great athlete, tall, fast runner, coming from a basketball background etc. does not necessarily mean you're that intelligent or can follow a complicated game plan. How many of the game's stars play on pure instinct and that's why they are stars. Our guys confidence is at a low ebb, some are playing for themselves, because if they don't do something they fear they'll be dropped ala Lynchy. The game plan is everything, if you don't follow it, you're out. That seems to be the message they are getting. Where's the flexibility and what the hell is "The Game Plan"? Get behind the team.

Ask John Todd and co.
I remembered us getting hammered in Melbourne. 60 points was a close call.

I still feel sick when I see those yellow jumpers

If your talking about 88 (todd and yellow Jumpers) we made the finals that year. Its 89 and in the blue that we served up 1.13 against essendon....lowest point for the club ever right there

We lack pace and good users across the centre who can run and carry. this is costing us. rosa and dalziell must be the slowest wingers to have lined up for a team in history of AFL. in particurlar dalziell isnt a runner. rosa is servicable but doesnt kick many goals which wingers need to do!

this needs to be rectified in future drafts. but on the other hand, as i said in another threads, bit of perspectivce is needed....of all players who spend time in midfield, mcginnity+masten+S Selwood+B Ebert+Dalziell themself off top of my head collectively would have only played about 100 games. then u throw in schofield, brown, stevenson, hams, thats another 100 games collectively. Ryan Okeefe has played 190+ games HIMSELF. is it any surprised we got pumped? our younger players dont have senior players of Okeefe+McVeigh+Goodes+Brashaw+Kennelly ilk to carry younger players in their wake until they develop fully. if anything our younger players have to carry the senior players.

iTs not that this is the worst WCE team, but collectively this is probably the worst set of senior players we ever had and probably collecgtively one of worst sets of senior players in AFL. Till our younger players get to 60 games or so, we will continue to be rubbish.

Things are bad now, but as mentioned earlier 1.13 was the true low point (except maybe Cuz getting picked up shirtless).

The worst bit is that the worst bit might be yet to come. With GC and GWS coming in they're gonna hog draft picks for god know's how long, and even if we want to shore up holes in the team, it's not gonna be with quality. Never thought I'd say this but it'd be easier to be a Freo fan right now...:eek:

We lack pace and good users across the centre who can run and carry. this is costing us. rosa and dalziell must be the slowest wingers to have lined up for a team in history of AFL. in particurlar dalziell isnt a runner. rosa is servicable but doesnt kick many goals which wingers need to do!
Pick on their faults if you must but at least make statements that resemble reality in some small way. You just look like a sook with no brains if you type shite.
Dalziell is one of the games elite runners but certainly not among the quickest.
this needs to be rectified in future drafts. but on the other hand, as i said in another threads, bit of perspectivce is needed....of all players who spend time in midfield, mcginnity+masten+S Selwood+B Ebert+Dalziell themself off top of my head collectively would have only played about 100 games. then u throw in schofield, brown, stevenson, hams, thats another 100 games collectively.
Actually that is another 18+29+1+2= 40, your recollection is a little cloudy. 126 games for the first lot so 166 for both groups is not too far from 200.
iTs not that this is the worst WCE team, but collectively this is probably the worst set of senior players we ever had and probably collecgtively one of worst sets of senior players in AFL. Till our younger players get to 60 games or so, we will continue to be rubbish.
Cox, Kerr, A. Selwood, Bones, Embley, Glass, Butler, Waters and Lynchy all wave their premiership medallions at you.

Tell us all how many premiership players are running around at Freo, Melbourne, Richmond, Bulldogs, Collingwood, Essendon, North Melbourne and St Kilda.

About 10% of your post made some sense, the rest .........well refer above.

Cox, Kerr, A. Selwood, Bones, Embley, Glass, Butler, Waters and Lynchy all wave their premiership medallions at you.

Tell us all how many premiership players are running around at Freo, Melbourne, Richmond, Bulldogs, Collingwood, Essendon, North Melbourne and St Kilda.

Well, Kerr and Cox aside, you can't really suggest any of those players are premiership standard players in 2010, and those two look crocked.

Well, Kerr and Cox aside, you can't really suggest any of those players are premiership standard players in 2010, and those two look crocked.
Forgiving injury to these players then most would be guns if they were running around at Geelong.

Point 1 is they are carrying a huge burden ATM while the young guns come of age.

point 2 is Gallileo9 said they were among the worst in the AFL, you are kidding yourself if you think these players would not look good when being spoon fed in a top side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the worst West Coast Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back