Unrestricted Free Agent Isaac Cumming [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Cumming home to the Crows, done first day of trade period.

No Dodoro the Great this year, Crows can "win" this trade period
Awkward The Simpsons GIF

weird tweet, he can just move wherever, not sure why you would say you are leaving but then not say to which club
Could be 2 reasons, he wants to go to Port but they dont want any distractions during finals so have asked if he can hold off declaring where he wants to play. Or the crows have given him an offer that he will likely take, however Port have said you're coming to SA anyway hold off on committing until we can give the full sales pitch once we are out of finals.

Could be 2 reasons, he wants to go to Port but they dont want any distractions during finals so have asked if he can hold off declaring where he wants to play. Or the crows have given him an offer that he will likely take, however Port have said you're coming to SA anyway hold off on committing until we can give the full sales pitch once we are out of finals.
If Perryman and Luko are off to Port, thats a huge wack of cap space used and if Cumming's offer from the crows is big, then its a struggle to see how Port could fit him in if the other 2 are committing to port?

100% this. Port will negotiate post finals as opposed to now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Perryman and Luko are off to Port, thats a huge wack of cap space used and if Cumming's offer from the crows is big, then its a struggle to see how Port could fit him in if the other 2 are committing to port?
It doesnt sound like Ports cap is at tipping point just yet. But yeah to land all 3 then Houston would definitely be off you'd think and potentially someone like Soldo who i think may become surplus to requirements. Not that anyone seems to know whats happening with Luko but if another team were to acquire him you;d think they'd smooth his contract out over a number of years (if that can still happen?) similar to Bowes.

weird tweet, he can just move wherever, not sure why you would say you are leaving but then not say to which club

Likely a bidding war dependent on guys like Houston and Lukosius deciding what they want to do. He's underrated by many posting in this thread.

There's a lot to play out. It's just good advice from his manager.

I find it hard to imagine Port can get Cumming, Perryman and Luko, so a bit to play out I think on where all 3 land if in SA. Would imagine both clubs will end up with 1 or 2 of those 3.

Likely a bidding war dependent on guys like Houston and Lukosius deciding what they want to do. He's underrated by many posting in this thread.

There's a lot to play out. It's just good advice from his manager.
Genuine question, because I feel this gets said a lot about GWS players moving (and lots of them do), how many players have they lost that have been a win for the team getting them? Like, they've moved and down the track everyone thought their new club got a bargain in the end?

Cameron and Geelong feels like the only one but he wasnt "underrated."

I feel like everyone convinces themselves these players are "hidden" at GWS and not rated correctly but it doesnt normally turn out that way

Genuine question, because I feel this gets said a lot about GWS players moving (and lots of them do), how many players have they lost that have been a win for the team getting them? Like, they've moved and down the track everyone thought their new club got a bargain in the end?

I feel like everyone convinces themselves these players are "hidden" at GWS and not rated correctly but it doesnt normally turn out that way
You are right that there have been plenty who have moved clubs then not really set the world alight (Jack Steele being the exception). But i think these players have been the ones that were high draft picks who couldn't crack the 22 or were fringe players at best. I think SOS recruiting career has mostly been just getting these players.

However the ones who have been regulars but been able to be poached have generally gone ok even if some of them have not met what was traded for them (Treloar, Adams, Shiel, Finlayson, Hoskin-Elliott, Cameron, Caldwell etc).

You are right that there have been plenty who have moved clubs then not really set the world alight (Jack Steele being the exception). But i think these players have been the ones that were high draft picks who couldn't crack the 22 or were fringe players at best. I think SOS recruiting career has mostly been just getting these players.

However the ones who have been regulars but been able to be poached have generally gone ok even if some of them have not met what was traded for them (Treloar, Adams, Shiel, Finlayson, Hoskin-Elliott, Cameron, Caldwell etc).
Definitely fair that few have been outright busts (though Hopper is trending very poorly) of a trade but yeah, I feel like people are fed a narrative "if this GWS player was in Vic he'd be this..." but literally everyone talks about GWS always having the best list in the AFL. Seems they are often overrated if anything and GWS are just very very good at maximising their players ability.

And this is not to be confused with me being anything less than in love with how Ports off-season is shaping up. I think it's sounding like the best net in/out moves of any team.

Tom boyd didn't work out too badly for the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Isaac Cumming [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back