Rumour It’s not a lie if you believe it !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
The AFL have reverted to the George Costanza philosophy of “it’s not a lie if you believe it”.

After reporting at this weeks AFL gig that ex Hawthorn player Michael Porter was deceased they doubled down on their bullshit after they were told he was alive. They came out and said they had apologised to all affected including Michael and thanked him for his understanding .:think:

Thing is they never contacted him at all.

But what Porter was truly annoyed about was the fact that no one from the AFL had chosen to reach out to him, despite the AFL putting out a statement saying otherwise.
“I read today that the AFL said that they had actually spoken to me and they haven’t,” Porter said.
“They made a mistake and then they’re saying ‘oh we’ve contacted him. He understands’ but they haven’t contacted me.”

In a statement released earlier, an AFL spokesman said they had reached out to Porter to apologise for the mistake.
“Once this innocent mistake was realised we moved quickly to ring and apologise to everyone affected, including Michael, and we thank him for his understanding,” the statement said.

I'd trust a statement out of Pyongyang more than one from AFL HQ at the moment.

Dillon, Kane et al have apparently decided to take the political/legal approach to communication rather than the honest one, taking football fans as fools. We're all worse off for it but boys club gonna boys club.

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL leadership is abysmal at the moment. Dillon is more absent than a 22 year old Ararat father and Laura Kane has more spin than Harbajhan on a day 5 Mumbai deck.

How the **** did we end up with those two clowns after a worldwide executive search?

“I read today that the AFL said that they had actually spoken to me and they haven’t,” Porter said.
“They made a mistake and then they’re saying ‘oh we’ve contacted him. He understands’ but they haven’t contacted me.”

Well of course they wouldn't actually reach out to him, he's dead.

Now that is beautifully specific.

Kane shits me just from her speech cadence. Valley girl upspeak mixed with a dismissive sounding drone and it would send me homicidal in close quarters.
I can't change the radio station quickly enough when Laura Kane comes on.
Upspeak is the TRUE pandemic! It's out of control and does my head in. 🤣 When it comes to the media, it's worse in bogan footy land than anywhere else I hear. A few of the worst offenders who spring to mind are Buckley, Dwayne Russell, Adam White and Craig McCrae

Last edited:
I can't change the radio station quickly enough when Laura Kane comes on. Upspeak is the TRUE pandemic! It's out of control and does my head in. 🤣 When it comes to the media, it's worse in bogan footy land than anywhere else I hear. A few of the worst offenders who spring to mind are Buckley, Dwayne Russell, Adam White and Craig McCrae
Are you referring to the Australian inflection of finishing every sentence at a higher pitch than at the beginning so it sounds like a question?

I still haven't heard why they thought Michael Porter was dead?

Random look through the HSun death notices for anybody that matches the name of a VFL/AFL player?
The person who put together the obit section sending out a warning to a love rival?
Carl Ditterich getting his own back for being decked in the 1971 GF by Porter?

Overlooking someone who has died, happens, but seemingly randomly killing someone off does seem just a tad odd. :confusedv1:

I still haven't heard why they thought Michael Porter was dead?

Random look through the HSun death notices for anybody that matches the name of a VFL/AFL player?
The person who put together the obit section sending out a warning to a love rival?
Carl Ditterich getting his own back for being decked in the 1971 GF by Porter?

Overlooking someone who has died, happens, but seemingly randomly killing someone off does seem just a tad odd. :confusedv1:
One explanation I heard, although not straight from the AFL, was that they mixed him up with another Hawthorn player Robert Porter, who died last December. He only played 6 games in 1962

Remove this Banner Ad

Back