It breaks my heart

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan doesn't strike me as being the witty remark-type of guy. More of a "yeah nah" calibre.

Yeah perhaps we should lock this thread now.

Ablett is the opposition now and I am firmly in the Geelong Football club corner of interest. It doesn't mean i won't appreciate his contributions to football and wish him all the best, but life does go on and until the day that he decides to come back home to roost, his name is unfortunately not a topic for this board.

Such is life :):)

Yeah perhaps we should lock this thread now.

Ablett is the opposition now and I am firmly in the Geelong Football club corner of interest. It doesn't mean i won't appreciate his contributions to football and wish him all the best, but life does go on and until the day that he decides to come back home to roost, his name is unfortunately not a topic for this board.

Such is life :):)

Yep! He's a Gold Coast player and all future reference to him should be on that board.

I'm going to give myself a good talking to for being enveigled into commenting on him again. ;)

Went to the Grand Prix on the weekend, walked past the cars the celebrities raced and as i walked past Lauren Phillips' car guess who comes across to have a look? Mr G Ablett himself.
I said hi then asked how Lauren did, he replied with a chuckle of last i think. I smiled and said bit like GC will finish this year :D LOL i just owned my former hero, not many people get that chance.
His response was just a smile as he then walked away. True story

Went to the Grand Prix on the weekend, walked past the cars the celebrities raced and as i walked past Lauren Phillips' car guess who comes across to have a look? Mr G Ablett himself.
I said hi then asked how Lauren did, he replied with a chuckle of last i think. I smiled and said bit like GC will finish this year :D LOL i just owned my former hero, not many people get that chance.
His response was just a smile as he then walked away. True story

as he smiled and walked away did you happen to watch for any $100 notes dropping form his back pocket by any chance? Only courtesy to let him know he's dropped a few hundred:D
I never had a chance to meet junior only got a signature but never spoke to him, looks like he'd be approachable

Just for the record - he had 25 odd possessions in the first half against pies in last years prelim - there first goal came when Ablett hurriedly kicked it straight into their zone defence and he consistently rushed the ball forward whilst Thompson was screaming in the box to slow it down. He is a mercenary, a traitor and I hate him. I hope we iron him out flat at KP and send back to the GC strapped to a board.
Good riddance and long live Billie Smedts and the other player we are still to get for the scum bag.

You obviously missed his interview on TripleM with Billy and JB, the first thing he did after the Cats game finished was to call some of the boys and congratulate them. He also called Selwood to see how he was doing. Just cause he no longer plays at Geelong doesn't mean he doesn't care about the boys he played with, grew up with and won premierships with.

I'm in full agreeance with you about not having the same attachment to Gaz that we once did, but i believe you're wrong to say he doesn't care about the GFC.

So in other words he cares about the guys he played with not the people who supported him. I can sort see what some are thinking ,"its not personal , its just business" , well thats just crap. The business is nothing with out it being personal to the people who care about it. I understand why he's gone , might have done the same myself , but from my seat in the Doug Wade Stand he is now just some mongrel trying to kick goals against and prevent "us" from winning another flag. As I said , he is now Juddblett to me , he may do the freakish turn twist pike goal.. what ever but it will never mean the same to me as it did.
But just as I've said with Mumford , I find it far less of an issue when I see Duncan in our side. Hopefully Smedts can come in and really give us another 200 games my feeling towards GA with mellow.

Just watching him being interviewed on the footy show and it doesn't really bother me anymore. That might change when round 10 comes around if he's tearing us up, but I'm over it.

He's dead to me.

If only Max had stayed around for one more season just to bury the greedy p***k.

I'll go to the GCS game at Aurora in Lonnie wearing my GFC jumper with pride just to bag that greedy, unfaithful turncoat out :thumbsu:

Good Luck GAJ / Break a leg......No really, break your leg!

Gone
Dead to me
Put your Ablett threads on the GC board in future thanks!

I'm strangely devoid of any care or emotion over his departure.

Perhaps this is because I've reconciled the amoral, manipulative, scheming and duplicitous manner he used to engineer his defection with the fact that it demonstrated a personality that is neither deserving of my adulation or anguish.

I actually think there is an enormous upside to his departure. Without it, and that of Thompson, we probably wouldn't be focussing, or acting, on the need for a careful injection of youth to overhaul and re-vitalise the team as we are now. We'll be better off, sooner, for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol.

Some of you show true breakup syndrome.
Can't handle the thoughts running around in your head. So they are dead to you.

The difference is you're going to see this "ex" for 5 years :D

It's interesting the west coast supporters have gone the other way. They carry on about how good judd is / was. It will be interesting to see how gaz is viewed here in 5 years.

For mine. He's about to go up in peoples stature.

lol.

It's interesting the west coast supporters have gone the other way. They carry on about how good judd is / was. It will be interesting to see how gaz is viewed here in 5 years.

VC , what WC supporters do is hardly something we should be trying to emulate. Watching them clap Cousins on the ground said a lot about the delusional masses that place people on God like pedestals.

And while your right in sense about 5 years ,it may be about that in playing the game but like any serious ex we will have an ongoing relationship to him , like it or not , because of the children that were spawned in 07 and 09

lol.

Oh, I can handle the thoughts in my head. I simply don't care for him any more, and have no trouble reconciling myself with the realisation that he proved to be a soul-less mercenary who prostituted himself to the highest bidder in a shameless pursuit of his love for money.

He gave good service and much enjoyment to the GFC, but for me, his betrayal more than off-sets that right now.

I just wish Rooke could make a come-back in Rd 8 to give him a gentle 'reminder' :D of how well he was protected by his former team-mates.

Might have taken the $ and ran
but he will always be our Gazza.When they show the highlight DVD of his career when he is finished I bet most of it will be in the Blue and White Hoops.
Good luck Gazza
He is also the same Gazza that helped deliver us the wholly grail
after so long.

GC are 52 down in the 1st quarter.
But by god they are going to be unbeatable in a few years.

These kids are scary

Who is the bloody ruckman? F**k

It warms my heart to see the AFL's lovechild get smashed by more than 100 points, and Judas get bumped, tackled, harassed without the protection of his former teammates. May there be many more of those.

Remove this Banner Ad

It breaks my heart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back