It breaks my heart

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha! 100+ belting for Gaz while we win our 2nd in a row. Warms the heart a little.

I'm torn between wanting him to get smashed each week, and breaking his leg in multiple pieces.

****ing get this shit from our board. :)

so just how good is Ablett without his teammates doing the dirty stuff dishing it out to him:D
Judd has once again showed who is the better player and I am so happy Suns are gonna be thumped week in and week out just great to see it finally get to him. Cannot believe he was even being compared to his old man:eek: on ya Gazza:p

lol.

Some of you show true breakup syndrome.
Can't handle the thoughts running around in your head. So they are dead to you.

The difference is you're going to see this "ex" for 5 years :D

It's interesting the west coast supporters have gone the other way. They carry on about how good judd is / was. It will be interesting to see how gaz is viewed here in 5 years.

For mine. He's about to go up in peoples stature.
Haha well put..:thumbsu: ^^^^

Sad start for Gaz and the Suns, certainly felt could to win a big interstate game whilst he was chasing tail all night. I do wonder how much more enjoyable footy will be this year getting done by 100 points everyweek.

Let's get formalities out of the way: 2nd best player to pull on the GFC guernsey in the last 30 odd years (although I currently feel like elevating Buddha above him).

I absolutely deplore what he has done and, without guilt, HATE him. I have never experienced the loss of life of a loved one, but my gut churns whenever I think of him leaving. If I was able, I would arrange to switch Gazza for Browny (Lions) last weekend so he could miss weeks/months!

:thumbsu:

This week he sprouts another lie as to why he left being that he wasn't enjoying his footy anymore. Winning every week, 2 flags, a brownlow amongst many accolades surely is depressing. I hope 20 goal floggings week in week out cheer you up, you lying, pathetic, 2-faced, Judas C***

:thumbsu:

This week he sprouts another lie as to why he left being that he wasn't enjoying his footy anymore. Winning every week, 2 flags, a brownlow amongst many accolades surely is depressing.

What a tough life he had over the past few years - playing in a successful team, being paid alot of money to do something that you love, individual achievements, no wonder he was so unhappy and had to leave.

You obviously missed his interview on TripleM with Billy and JB, the first thing he did after the Cats game finished was to call some of the boys and congratulate them. He also called Selwood to see how he was doing. Just cause he no longer plays at Geelong doesn't mean he doesn't care about the boys he played with, grew up with and won premierships with.

I'm in full agreeance with you about not having the same attachment to Gaz that we once did, but i believe you're wrong to say he doesn't care about the GFC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe he was really calling Geelong to see if they can find a way to get him out of his GC contract, and if the Cats will take him back. Maybe he now sees that money and constantly losing isn't as good as a little less money and constantly winning.

We showed, so far this season, that we can win without either Gary Ablett or Mark Thompson.

What a tough life he had over the past few years - playing in a successful team, being paid alot of money to do something that you love, individual achievements, no wonder he was so unhappy and had to leave.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, playing in two premiership teams must have been really painful for Gazza!

My schadenfreude sensors were absolutely tingling last night. I recorded the Gold Coast match. I might even have a look today.

Gary's challenge: how to play like a star without being in the best team in the history of the game.

Gee, Chris Judd is good player.

It's not only not having other stars to share the load and ease the personal pressure. It's not having bigger bodies to protect him and being the number one target week-in-week-out as well. He's also going to have to do more in-and-under work and therefore cop way more buffeting in that area than he has before. Reckon he'll earn every cent of the massive pay packet - particularly in his early years.

Noticed he picked Freo to beat us in the Hun tipping too.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schadenfreude.. had to look that one up. Yes Id say there was an element of that.

The thing is we a looking at something new , not even the Bears or WC was done like this. Its the ultimate in slow burn.

Its shows why we are not Basketball , a top players ability to restricted by the capacity of the side he plays in. So if Gary hangs in there he will find some form again once some of those kids fins there feet.

Actually , reading the article penned by Walls , I found it interesting that I still wanted to find a flaw in spewific logic .

Walls just loves Judd , Judd this , Judd that. He has little time for Ablett as he doesn't see him as a true leader like Judd. And he isn't. But I would have thought that Walls would relate a little more to Ablett than he does.

In the sense of Ablett being a trail blazer , going to a foreign market , trying to forge a new club , as he did with the Bears from scratch , with little or no history. Rather than doing what Judd has done , go to an old dyed in the wool club , that has traditionally has never built anything without ripping top players away from other clubs , that have paid over the odds more often than not , proven to be willing to pay outside the Cap and even now questions are asked about the legitimacy of what and how much is paid to Judd the footballer and Judd the Vizy Greeny Rep.

I must be an idiot.

Gaz has had no preseason.
There were a bunch of times they were too slow to give him the ball. It's going to take time for that team.

Stats. 11 kicks, 12 handballs, 4 marks, 6 tackles, 14 contested possessions, 6 inside 50's, 3 centre clearances. Not a great game, but far, far from a dud.

you can't argue that it will take a very longtime for this team to finally start challenging the top 4 teams of the competition. When you look back even the very best talent in the country were suited in teams such as West Coast, Adelaide and Brisbane yet it took them at least 3 years to get going (West Coast though achieved it faster) The competition today is so evenly matched and the athletes are just so fine tuned that Richmond, West Coast etc will be the next teams to make the jump up and it's these teams that the Suns are already expected to trouble in 2011. It was easier to come into the league and have success 15-20 years back. They are not going to be anywhere for a good 5-7 years and Gazza will be over the hill by then. Injuries aside he is going to be the number 1 guy that will be taken out of the game week in and week out. But he wanted a new challenge and he certainly will get it for a very long time unfortunately for Gazza. His loss was a major disappointment for us all but I think we are starting to realize his impact was not as great as what many thought and these new guys for us have held up their hand ready to take his place:footy:

Gaz has had no preseason.
There were a bunch of times they were too slow to give him the ball. It's going to take time for that team.

Stats. 11 kicks, 12 handballs, 4 marks, 6 tackles, 14 contested possessions, 6 inside 50's, 3 centre clearances. Not a great game, but far, far from a dud.

A dud of a game foir a player who is the centrepeice of the team and whose game is based on as many Gazzapossessions as he can get.

Saw him just down from the back pocket kick it back to the fullback. As soon as the ball was in the air Gazza was demanding it back. The youngster kicks it back to Gazza and it gets intercepted. That is so Gazza. Whenever I see his stats I divide by 2.

What I saw different with Geelong yesterday is we don't have to put up with that crap anymore. And with basically the same team we are 5 goals better off without the Son of Gary. When Joel comes back we will be another goal or two better again.

Go Cats!

..... His loss was a major disappointment for us all but I think we are starting to realize his impact was not as great as what many thought and these new guys for us have held up their hand ready to take his place:footy:

A while back if you said that here you would get jumped on. Ask me.

Gary Ablett Snr's game in the 1989 final against Essendon. Now that was impact!

I've forgotten the real Gaz, he was shocking last night against the Blues, but he didn't have a pre-season and is playing with a lot of young guys so that may be why. Will never be the player he was at Geelong at the Suns.

you can't argue that it will take a very longtime for this team to finally start challenging the top 4 teams of the competition. When you look back even the very best talent in the country were suited in teams such as West Coast, Adelaide and Brisbane yet it took them at least 3 years to get going (West Coast though achieved it faster) The competition today is so evenly matched and the athletes are just so fine tuned that Richmond, West Coast etc will be the next teams to make the jump up and it's these teams that the Suns are already expected to trouble in 2011. It was easier to come into the league and have success 15-20 years back. They are not going to be anywhere for a good 5-7 years and Gazza will be over the hill by then. Injuries aside he is going to be the number 1 guy that will be taken out of the game week in and week out. But he wanted a new challenge and he certainly will get it for a very long time unfortunately for Gazza. His loss was a major disappointment for us all but I think we are starting to realize his impact was not as great as what many thought and these new guys for us have held up their hand ready to take his place:footy:

Gazza is 26 now, and he wants success at the Gold Coast, but like you said, the Suns won't be contesting for the top 4 let alone the premiership for another 4 years at least, by then, Gaz will be 30 and well past his prime. He will indure a lot of beltings and his time at the GC will pretty much be the mentor of the young guys. Anyway, doesn't bother me, he left the Cats just for the extra $$$ (can't blame him) and just to help the young Suns players develop. The Cats i think may be better off without Gaz, we are looking pretty good and will only get better.

Remove this Banner Ad

It breaks my heart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back