It's our destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

the game is on there live at 11pm saturday night (or there about's). i will watch the game and hope and pray for a north win.
timmy
ps funny thing, i found on the ground (and pick up) a penny from 1975 (our first flag) a said to myself, "a sign from above?" maybe lidge is working on a north flag for us.

You guys are a bunch of romantics. Have you not learned anything this year?
Yep just wait for the script;
Ports courageous come from 30 points down at the begging of the 4 th to beat Carlton by one when a contentious holding the ball decision was paid in the dying seconds 10 meters from goal.
Geelong hold of brisbanes 10 goal to 1 surge to secure a 2 point win.

Video goal review determine that Sam wrights kick from 10 meters out did in fact shave the post. Collingwood win by 5 points.

I'm feeling so much love for Port Adelaide right now I feel like growing a mullet and wearing a flannelette shirt with a packet of Winnie Blues stuffed up the sleeve and knocking off somebody's car.

032187-chris-franklin.jpg

WE GOT THE POWER TO WIN! POWER TO RULE! COME ON PORT ADELAIDE BEAT CARLTON!

Ironically, he's a North supporter.

First person I turned to hug in joy in the Swans comeback game at the SCG was that bogan...

Not even going to speculate about Port or even Brisbane.

But if the window does open for us, this would be virgin territory for Brad Scott's side.

There's been a lot of 'process rather than results' type mentality over the journey thus far. Most times there's been a real line in the sand game we've no so much been carved up - but looked up like we'd rather be somewhere else.

I will take a massive positive out of it if we REALLY turn up to play on Sunday. We just ran Hawthorn pretty close and could've clinched it if not for some appalling forward entries.

Sometimes you need a leetle external motivation. If the gods smile on us, Sunday afternoon will present the side with a clear opportunity - win and we're in.

Let's see how we handle it this time. If there is a this time.

You guys are a bunch of romantics. Have you not learned anything this year?
Yep just wait for the script;
Ports courageous come from 30 points down at the begging of the 4 th to beat Carlton by one when a contentious holding the ball decision was paid in the dying seconds 10 meters from goal.
Geelong hold of brisbanes 10 goal to 1 surge to secure a 2 point win.

Video goal review determine that Sam wrights kick from 10 meters out did in fact shave the post. Collingwood win by 5 points.
Hang on. That means we were down by 6 before the kick. If it were judged a goal it would be a draw.

Just sayin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm feeling so much love for Port Adelaide right now I feel like growing a mullet and wearing a flannelette shirt with a packet of Winnie Blues stuffed up the sleeve and knocking off somebody's car.

032187-chris-franklin.jpg

WE GOT THE POWER TO WIN! POWER TO RULE! COME ON PORT ADELAIDE BEAT CARLTON!

Mullet, Winnie Blues, flanny, car thief. How will we know you're supporting Port and not Collingwood?

The forecast at this stage for Sunday is "Sunny 24c", which may well feel not only like indoors, but like the heater's been left on overnight.

Well of all the rotten bloody luck!

I don't want to make excuses but playing Collingwood outdoors at a faraway venue in the heat with one day less to recover. They're not excuses, they're reasons.

Got my hopes really high, but this team will **** me over like they always do.. Port to beat Carlton, Us to lose by under a goal. <-- Destiny.

I have a tingle. It started in my feet and is working its way up as Sunday draws closer.

Do you believe?

Come Sunday, there is a strong possibility that we will be playing for a finals spot.

After all the crap we've copped this year, we are still a realistic chance of making it. It's kind of embarrassing but not fully undeserved. Yeah we've had some shit losses but I saw an interesting stat the other day where it was a ladder of win/loss against top 8 sides and North sat fourth with 4 wins and 6 losses, 4 of those losses were under 3 goals after leading the majority of games.

Our performances against the top sides this year had been pretty good so I think that this year we would make a far better impression than last year.

It's not quite a long shot but if we head into the Pies games knowing that if we win we make finals will be the biggest sign yet where this team is at. Forgot about the close losses and the inconsistency of form during each game, if our mob turn up to the G on Sunday and beat them, we can all enjoy a ******* great summer because I reckon next year is going to be aaaallllllllllriiiiiiiiiighttt.

Is it our destiny?

Well atleast if you make finals, it will be an MCG final vs Tigers or Pies.

To play the Pies in an Elimination Final, North must win obviously. Example:- Kangaroos defeat Pies by 1 point. Essendon defeat Tigers by 72 points.

that would most likely mean it would be a pies vs North elimination Final. Unlikely Dons will win by that much if at all vs Tigers.

So if North win, 99% chance it's an elim final vs Tigers at MCG

At the moment the For & against between tigers & pies ... tigers are better off by 70 points.

Not as positive as you are BE, but a win against Collingwood would do wonders for us going into next year, finals or not.

I wonder if the Pies will make an agreement with us if we can still possibly make the finals. North in the finals means, they get in while Carlton and Essendon* miss, they can rest their players to be fresh for the finals and have a true home ground advantage by playing port instead of their bogey side in Carlton. Beams and Ball already in doubt,this makes for a very interesting last round.
They play port either way. Unless they beat us by 20 goals and Essendon beat Richmond.
The other option is Essendon thrashing Richmond and us scpaing past the pies, in which case we play the Pies again in week one.

the game is on there live at 11pm saturday night (or there about's). i will watch the game and hope and pray for a north win.
timmy
ps funny thing, i found on the ground (and pick up) a penny from 1975 (our first flag) a said to myself, "a sign from above?" maybe lidge is working on a north flag for us.
So you will know Saturday night? We have to wait until Sunday - don't tell us the result and spoil the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's our destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back