Roast I've lost my faith in Chris Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

I probably think we spent too much on our summer haul but the bigger crime for Davies is allowing our list to get in a position where we felt we had to.

The lack of tall development is absolutely shocking. That's 100% within his remit given it takes into account recruitment, development and performance, and it's completely unforgivable. To have been a footy ops manager for 10 years and to have to throw so much player and draft capital at a list hole at a time you're supposed to be competing is just incompetent.

A similarly poor reflection of him and Hinkley is the fact that every year our list seems to have a new hole in it.
One year is ruck and key defender, the next is small forward, then key forward, etc., etc.
The puzzle is never complete.

Depth players usually aren't. That's why they're depth players. Still wasn't an efficient use of resources. You don't use first rounders to get decent depth.

I think both Hayes and Vis have shown enough that they can be trusted to back up. It's certainly a better situation than having someone we paid a fair bit for in the reserves every week.

To all the Richmond lurkers Davies would be great as a CEO, there's nothing he can't do & his background as a master state cricketer means he understands top level sport.. sign him up before it's too late.

He hasn’t been our CEO. So there’s that. It’s a different office with distinct challenges. The position might suit him better. “Someone’s trash is another one’s treasure,” etc.

A similarly poor reflection of him and Hinkley is the fact that every year our list seems to have a new hole in it.
One year is ruck and key defender, the next is small forward, then key forward, etc., etc.
The puzzle is never complete.
They think they are doing a jigsaw puzzle when they're actually playing whack-a-mole. You'd hope they'd wise up someday.

He hasn’t been our CEO. So there’s that. It’s a different office with distinct challenges. The position might suit him better. “Someone’s trash is another one’s treasure,” etc.
Yes. He’d be like one of those recruits that are anonymous in the SANFL but really thrive when given an opportunity at the top level.
Richmond might regret it if they don’t pursue him.

To all the Richmond lurkers Davies would be great as a CEO, there's nothing he can't do & his background as a master state cricketer means he understands top level sport.. sign him up before it's too late.
His personal hygiene is also beyond reproach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even people with hair want to be him.
Chris Davies is the best at whatever it is he does for Port and it will hurt us greatly for him to leave, it'll hurt our future chances at an AFL premiership but if he wants to go then we have to be willing to take that risk. It is with a heavy heart that I say the same for Kochie and Hinkley too. Richmond would be so much better with those three guiding their club back to the top.

And besides, who else are they gonna get?

Chris Davies is the best at whatever it is he does for Port and it will hurt us greatly for him to leave, it'll hurt our future chances at an AFL premiership but if he wants to go then we have to be willing to take that risk. It is with a heavy heart that I say the same for Kochie and Hinkley too. Richmond would be so much better with those three guiding their club back to the top.
What's the best way to put starting a gambling syndicate as your biggest achievement on your CV?

I've ingrained a strong culture across management, coaching and playing group, demonstrating acceptable financial returns and in line with the priorities of major AFL partners to build stability and counteract negative impacts of responsibility and accountability within a merit based industry.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/n...t-and-four-is-not-a-bad-platform-to-work-from

What a tone deaf loser this muppet is.

Mate were in no man's land. We beat a shit Geelong after almost coughing up a 40 point lead and Kenny did a dance. That's how we're going. We just got flogged by a mid top 8 team at home. We almost lost to Hawthorn.

This bald man is as bad as the other two. Good god this entire club needs a clean out
This is aging well: 8-4 is now 10-7, and could be 11-12 by the end of the season. Chris' solid platform is being eaten by termites.

This is aging well: 8-4 is now 10-7, and could be 11-12 by the end of the season. Chris' solid platform is being eaten by termites.
The thing is, these blokes can say whatever they like, because nobody ever holds them accountable down the track.

George Costanza Fire GIF

**** YOU CHRIS DAVIES!!!!
ec13cf52118d9c456a5301710f95118d.jpg
Don't worry, I'm sure CD be able to source a player at the end of their career a lĂ  Trengove, Toumpas et al and snatch them up like a one-bitten eclair from the trash

Roast I've lost my faith in Chris Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back